Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Peter cure Emma's deaf problem?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if he couldn't heal her and she gets her hopes up?

Comment

I see i'm not the only one who thought he would heal her deaf problem

Comment

There's a Val Kilmer movie from about 10 years ago give or take a few years. Hes a blind man, has a gf, has a surgery where is gains his sight, and finds out later on he will go back to be being blind. Its a pretty good movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian-Gray
          At first I was thinking that maybe he could not cure it since its something that her body doesn't know (always had that problem) but then i remember that power is able to cure cancer (was gonna be used on Hero) therefore it doesn't really work as a cellular regeneration, but more of setting the body into prime state. Well, maybe i'm wrong and he couldn't do it, but why not even try?! For like half the episode i was yelling at Peter to do it... what do you guys think?
          You assume as if having a hearing impairment is a problem. Having a "disability" is not a problem. Everyone goes through challenges and adversity. Some may be medical, or financial, or social status.

The real problem is how society view what "normal" should be like and must conform everyone into fitting that role. Rather than accepting that person for who she/he is.

For example: the hearing-impaired issue. Even though a person can function in full compaction, you feel the need to magically "fix" their deafness. Hmmm. Sounds like its you who has the problem IMO.

Comment

I think when you heal someone you put them at 100% normal for them. If Emma was born deaf then 100% normal for her would still be deaf because that is normal for her. "Healing" her would probally have no effect on her.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎