No announcement yet.

Lana's Heritage

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lana's Heritage

Im not that good with past Smallville eps, but Im watchin season 2 of Smallville and neither of Lana's parents(3 of them) looks Asian. So how did Lana end up half Asian? Or am I just missing something?

She isn't. She's apparently french.

Comment

I guess the producers figured if whent hey hired KK, that most people wouldn't recognize. I just chalk it up to one of her grandparents being Asian. What I don't get is how Lana's great aunt was part asian. Like what are the odds. lol

Comment

OH ok, well that was kind of dumb on there part. Kristin is half Asian and even if we didnt know she was half its obvious she has some Asian in here. I was just asking out of curiousity because I love that they changed Lana ethnicity and think Kristin's unique look is beautiful.

Comment

Anybody that think KK is full white are fooling themself. I knew she was mix when I frist saw her. Just did'nt know she was half asain. Actually thought she was maybe part hispinic.

Comment

Her mother was portrayed by Wendy Chmelauskas. Not sure about the origin of that name. Did a google search and came up empty.

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
              I guess the producers figured if whent hey hired KK, that most people wouldn't recognize. I just chalk it up to one of her grandparents being Asian. What I don't get is how Lana's great aunt was part asian. Like what are the odds. lol
              Well, her great aunt would've been the sister of Lana's grandfather. So, I'm guessing, Lana's great grandfather had kids with an Asian woman. One of them was Lana's grandfather, the other Louise. Then Lana's grandfather had Lana's mother with some woman (though, I have no idea why Lana would look more Asian than the 1/4 Asian Laura. Of course, my degree isn't in genetics). Doesn't account for why Nell wasn't part Asian. But, given the track record of Louise, Laura and Lana, it wouldn't surprise me if Lana's grandmother had Nell with another man (meaning that Nell is actually the half-sister of Laura Lang).

Comment

Genetics can be a funny thing. For example, a white family who had a black ancestor somewhere in the family tree can end up birthing a dark-skinned child generations later, even though all of the family at the time were white-skinned. there's even been cases where black families gave birth to white children, as well.

It all comes back to the fact that even though a family is mostly white, genes from other races can occasionally assert themselves as the dormant gene after a long while if they're all blood relatives.

And if you squint, Laura Lang in the pilot could look half-asian too.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎