I'm positive that Lex killed Jor-El

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm positive that Lex killed Jor-El

I'm convinced that Lex is the one who killed Jor-El. Why? Because:

1. Lex knows what Tess is doing & how she is in a way working with Zod & the Kandorians to exploit them rather than killing them like Lex himself would.

2. Lex knows Clark's secret and has had ample time to do research on Jor-El by now. I'm sure he even tracked the Jor-El released by the orb. He knows that by killing Jor-El and making it look like Zod did it, Clark would be angered enough to do what Tess failed to do, and that is kill Zod.

3. Lex setting up Clark to kill Zod is the exact same approach he used when he set up Clark to kill the mandroid/cyborg Lex in the truck. It's a plan to destroy Clark's character & integrity and to corrupt him to the point where he is no better than Lex himself.

4. Lex has nothing to lose. If he kills Jor-El & Clark believes that Zod did it & kills Zod, Clark would be destroyed & corrupted and Lex would have a huge form of revenge on Clark plus rid the Earth of Zod, who he hates & would also get revenge on him. If he kills Jor-El and Clark stops short of killing Zod & finds out it was Lex who killed him, then Lex is still safe because Clark would learn his lesson not to kill after stopping short of killing Zod and Lex would seriously raise the stakes of the legendary "game".

Man, what an evil genius Lex is. First he tried to egg Clark on to kill him by splitting him & Lana up forever. But that didn't work because Oliver destroyed the Lex mandroid/cyborg before Clark was able to do anything.

Then Lex switched his sites to Oliver after seeing what effects his "death" had on Oliver & tried to drive Oliver over the edge. But that didn't work because Oliver was pulled from the edge by Chloe.

Then finally we have the ultimate plan where Lex would use Clark's anger to eradicate all the Kandorians who he loathes.

If you're confused about what I mean by the Lex cyborg/mandroid, then check out this thread:

Post your wildest theories, speculation, musings about what's going to happen on the show. ALL threads containing spoilers must be marked with the word SPOILER in the subject line.

And more specifically this post where I refine the idea of the original theory based on C Redfield's input (a big thanks to him by the way):

Post your wildest theories, speculation, musings about what's going to happen on the show. ALL threads containing spoilers must be marked with the word SPOILER in the subject line.

It's abit far fetched, it could be possible

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky
      It's abit far fetched, it could be possible
      I don't think it's farfetched at all. I don't think they would have your average nobody kill him. It's not Zod since his orders were to bring Jor-El back alive (he had a tracker on him). I doubt it's Tess. And I don't think any other big name Kandorians will be revealed unless they plan to bring on Jor-El's twin brother Nim-El and have him be evil. That only leaves Lex, who has been hovering like a ghost in the background. And nobody has better motives than Lex.

Comment

Dude it was Zod who killed jor el, why else was zod was at the farm looking on..Zod said to release jor el, he knew jor el would take zod to his son kalel..didnt you see zod at the farm with a evil grin..common sense..

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky
          Dude it was Zod who killed jor el, why else was zod was at the farm looking on..Zod said to release jor el, he knew jor el would take zod to his son kalel..didnt you see zod at the farm with a evil grin..common sense..
          I thought it was Zod at first but then Jor-El said he didn't know who attacked him right before he died.

Comment

It was not Lex who killed Jo-rel,it is bloody obvious it was Zod or one of his soilders.Why else would Zod be at the grave side with a smile on his face.I also heard another silly one that Chloe had killed Jorel,c`mon.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Vergon6
            I thought it was Zod at first but then Jor-El said he didn't know who attacked him right before he died.
            He said that so Clark would not go off and murder Zod.Jor-el was trying to protect him.
            Last edited by tmchale1970; 11-07-2009, 05:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It was SO obvious that Zod and his followers killed the clone of Jor-El.

Comment

It wasn't Zod, because it makes no sense for it to be Zod. "Let's release him, oh, and by that, I mean, release him, and stab him." Yeah, It's not Zod.

Lex is either cosmic dust, or critically injured. Also, he couldn't even begin to see what Tess is up to because his signal thingy got jammed. Duh!

Tess wouldn't kill Jor-El either.

That doesn't leave many people. And the theory that Chloe killed him was one of mine first. I'm just simply saying it's not totally beyond the realm of possibility. In fact, it's probably more likely than some other theories.

Zod wouldn't release him and stab him, or shoot him, that would make zero sense.

Comment

Nope. Zod specifically ordered not to kill Jor-El. He had a tracking device on him.

Face it people, there is only one person Jor-El was not introduced to in this episode. And we all know who that is. The almighty king----Lex Luthor.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by DavidB1111
                  It wasn't Zod, because it makes no sense for it to be Zod. "Let's release him, oh, and by that, I mean, release him, and stab him." Yeah, It's not Zod.

Lex is either cosmic dust, or critically injured. Also, he couldn't even begin to see what Tess is up to because his signal thingy got jammed. Duh!

Tess wouldn't kill Jor-El either.

That doesn't leave many people. And the theory that Chloe killed him was one of mine first. I'm just simply saying it's not totally beyond the realm of possibility. In fact, it's probably more likely than some other theories.

Zod wouldn't release him and stab him, or shoot him, that would make zero sense.
                  It's not Chloe because Jor-El would have told Clark it was his blonde friend. He would have told Clark it was Tess (the woman with red hair) if she killed him. But Jor-El had no clue who Lex was. I'm sure he would know all the Kandorians given that he was the one who created the orb & would be familiar with his fellow Kandorians.

It had to be Lex.

----- Added 18 Minutes later -----

Reasons why it was Lex:

1. Lex knows what Tess is doing & how she is in a way working with Zod & the Kandorians to exploit them rather than killing them like Lex himself would.

2. Lex knows Clark's secret and has had ample time to do research on Jor-El by now. I'm sure he even tracked the Jor-El released by the orb. He knows that by killing Jor-El and making it look like Zod did it, Clark would be angered enough to do what Tess failed to do, and that is kill Zod.

3. Lex setting up Clark to kill Zod is the exact same approach he used when he set up Clark to kill the mandroid/cyborg Lex in the truck. It's a plan to destroy Clark's character & integrity and to corrupt him to the point where he is no better than Lex himself.

4. Lex has nothing to lose. If he kills Jor-El & Clark believes that Zod did it & kills Zod, Clark would be destroyed & corrupted and Lex would have a huge form of revenge on Clark plus rid the Earth of Zod, who he hates & would also get revenge on him. If he kills Jor-El and Clark stops short of killing Zod & finds out it was Lex who killed him, then Lex is still safe because Clark would learn his lesson not to kill after stopping short of killing Zod and Lex would seriously raise the stakes of the legendary "game".

5. Zod specifically told his people not to kill Jor-El, but to take him back. He had a tracking device on Jor-El, which he used to find Clark later on. So there was no need to kill him. Especially if he thought he could force Jor-El to give them their powers back by hurting Clark to get to him. Jor-El being dead is contrary to Zod's best interests.

6. Jor-El said he did not know who killed him. Other than Clark, here are the people Jor-El met & would have known:

-Chloe
                  -Tess
                  -Zod
                  -The Kandorian(s) Zod told to take Jor-El back to the farm

Jor-El specifically stated he didn't know who viciously/mortally assaulted him. There is only 1 person who would do that and whose motive would match killing Jor-El so that Clark would in turn kill Zod. And that is Lex. Whoever killed Jor-El has to be a big name and not just any no-name. Lex is the one.
                  Last edited by xrayvision; 11-07-2009, 06:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Sorry, but the theory is instantly and fatally flawed by this alone. Lex couldn't know what Tess was doing because all communications were jammed by Tess in season 8 after Lana revealed them.

Lex was confined to a chair, with a resperator. And you're telling me, he survived an explosion, healed rapidly, and killed Jor-el whom he wouldn't have known about unless he developed God like powers?

Seriously, do you want me to continue here?
                    And if it was Chloe, she could have killed him from a distance, or Jor-El would have said the same thing either way. He wouldn't have told Clark it was Chloe. He knows his son would fly into a rage, and kill Chloe.

Jor-El isn't stupid.

Comment

Ah, but my theory is that Lex wasn't confined to a chair. Echo gave me the clue.

Before reading this theory, you need to read its precursor (read the 1st post):

Then read this post:

From here, it should be apparent that Lex could have easily set up a cyborg version of himself to appear to be confined to a respirator. We must remember Clark's lines from Odyssey after Oliver told him that no sign of Lex was found in the Arctic:

Clark: I escaped...without my powers.

So if a powerless Clark escaped the Fortress without being in the same state that the Bride & Requiem "Lex" was in, then the real Lex could have done the same. On top of that, no sign of Lex was found. So neither Tess nor Regan found him. Yet, we're supposed to believe Regan was all of a sudden supervising the Prometheus Project (the suit) for Lex in Power when he was unable to find him in Odyssey, which was 6 weeks after Arctic? Something stinks here. I'm sure Lex had a cyborg commissioned by Toyman & made everyone (like Regan) believe it was the real Lex. And the events in Requiem was Lex's revenge against Clark, Lana, and Oliver. He successfully split up Clark & Lana & we know why he hates them. Lana & Oliver were also hunting Lex, like in Bride when they were in Cuba. So by sending Toyman after Oliver, he hoped that Oliver would be dead. Then he would use that kryptonite bomb to make Clark & Lana choose. He knew what Clark's choice would be & knew Clark would be so pissed he would want to kill him. So that was Lex's bait to get Clark to kill him (a cyborg version with real skin/DNA). Instead Oliver beat him to it & his plan was switched to Oliver instead.

I also think the Lex we saw in Echo could be a holograph projection of the real Lex. I think he's really around doing stuff in the background. There's no way he only had 1 way to spy on Tess.

Comment

It was Tess.

She had the gps tracker on Jor-El and once she told Clark that he was at the farm, she had that jacked up smirk on her face.

Comment

It was not Chloe. 100% sure.

Comment

It was one of tess' lackies or tess herself. Hell with the way things are going it may turn out to be freakin shelby

Comment

If it was anyone Jor-El knew, he would have told Clark. But he said he didn't know. So that plus Lex's motives to kill Zod (since Clark would try to kill him if he suspected Zod killed his father)---something Tess didn't do when she had the chance---is what makes me think it's Lex.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎