Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orb Inconsistency & Major Retcon about the Stones & Davis

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't Zod have a wife before Faora named Ursa?

Let's never bring up the horrible Gertrude/Isobel arc that they only wrote in because they needed something for Lana to do.

Comment

Originally posted by superspider02
      Though for all we know the crystals were probably sent to a portal to earth and maybe it could have caused them to be sent into different times.
      Based on what he said to Chloe in the barn, I assumed he dealt with the stones in Relic by sending them back through time through one of the portals.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
        Or as Dominicus said, something could have happened that made either Zod or Faora sterile. I'm sure that was the case with some if not most Hiroshima survivors.
        Yeah that's true. Something that happened during the civil war.

Comment

I could live with the retconned stones sans 1600 witch story. It sucked then and sucks now. As far as Zod and Faora not having children, Faora's explanation could be interpreted in many diffrent ways. Not able could mean society implemented rules, war, famnine, disease. Who's to say that his first wife and child died in that nuclear explosion? And Faora isn't his 2nd wife. And as a means to pacify her motherly instincts, he gives her a pet project to oversee, the creation of DD.

Comment

Originally posted by tyson08
            Didn't Zod have a wife before Faora named Ursa?

Let's never bring up the horrible Gertrude/Isobel arc that they only wrote in because they needed something for Lana to do.
            Ursa was apparently based on Faora. Although they could make them into different people here if they really wanted to.

Comment

It's too bad that they didn't stick to the story they were already telling, but that's why the word "retcon" exists. The truth is, I didn't really like season 4 all that much, & I like this new storyline better!

Comment

Originally posted by warriorrenegade
                I could live with the retconned stones sans 1600 witch story. It sucked then and sucks now. As far as Zod and Faora not having children, Faora's explanation could be interpreted in many diffrent ways. Not able could mean society implemented rules, war, famnine, disease. Who's to say that his first wife and child died in that nuclear explosion? And Faora isn't his 2nd wife. And as a means to pacify her motherly instincts, he gives her a pet project to oversee, the creation of DD.
                But it sounded like he said that the locks of hair were all he had left of his wife and son. Maybe I misheard.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
                  Based on what he said to Chloe in the barn, I assumed he dealt with the stones in Relic by sending them back through time through one of the portals.
                  That would just be lame. Next they will say that Jor-El foretold the Naman prophecy. There were members before Jor-El in the House of El who were of significance. Not only Jor-El. They should save the stones, the Eradicator & the Naman prophecy as things Kem-El discovered.

Like I said, that temple in China was built centuries before. And having Jor-El time travel and build the entire temple himself is just extremely lame & very bad writing.

Comment

The time difference and the purpose for the crystals and the orb can be explained away and the meaning changed since what happened between Jor El & Zod. It isn't that big of a deal.

CK

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
                      Good point -- there always could have been time travel!

Comment

Zod having a son, it could of been a clone. Jor-el hinted that the cloning procedure was unstable (probably manifested doomsday), so obviously the child was created outside the normal fun ways.

The stones though might need an explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by dunkman
                          It's too bad that they didn't stick to the story they were already telling, but that's why the word "retcon" exists. The truth is, I didn't really like season 4 all that much, & I like this new storyline better!
                          As much as I didn't like season 4 as a whole, the only thing I didn't like about the stones plot then was Isobel's involvement in them (which of course was their way of bringing Lana into the plot). But it was cool to have the stones being buried on Earth for 100's of years. Now they just have Jor-El make them and throw the only cool parts of Season 4 in the trash.

Comment

The real head scratcher for me... is that they took the time to reference a single season 3 episode ("Relic") which was a nice nod to continuity and showed they were paying attention. But then they chose to mention stones, which, if they had just left them out, would have probably still been fine in terms of continuity. It's like they went out of their way to mess up with the stones.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
                              But it sounded like he said that the locks of hair were all he had left of his wife and son. Maybe I misheard.
                              I think you may have misunderstood what I typed. My mistake. Faora is in my opinion his 2nd wife. His first died along with his son. And you're right. Zod did tell Jor-El that all he had left was a lock of hair and whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by dunkman
                                Good point -- there always could have been time travel!
                                Why does it have to be time travel? Why does it have to be Jor-El? Does this show know how to introduce other Kryptonians other than Jor-El? What about Kem-El? What about Nim-El? It should have been Nim-El in the orb, not Jor-El since Jor-El did not live in Kandor---his twin brother Nim-El did. But these foolish uninformed writers think that Jor-El is the only Kryptonian of consequence in the House of El.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎