No announcement yet.

Trickster/Gabriel Discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosslyn
    I see it as a retcon. IMO, you can't - two years later - say that a Trickster is really an archangel. We were never given the slightest hint of that. Beyond that, there are already too many archangels running around. The sides are woefully uneven...Lucifer versus how many archangels, plus God? Where's the drama?
    I completely agree.

I see it as a retcon because in the 2 yrs he's been on the show they've never once hinted at him being an arch angel. Anything he's ever done on this show has been trickster-ish (not a word ), right down to the sweet tooth! It's silly to mix one supernatural being with another. Especially an angel..

Comment

It was a face lift. He went along with the role so it threw suspicion of him. Not a recon.

Comment

Richard said that he believed it was Gabriel all along (at the con he answered this question)

Comment

The Trickster demonstrated the ability to manipulate time some time ago, and last season Castiel confirmed that "only the heavens had that kind of power". So whether or not the writers knew it at the time, the only thing that the Trickster could have been was an Angel. Or, of course, God, but you can't really portray God that way without pissing off half the planet, so, yeah...

Comment

At the Chicago Con, Richard said that he was suprised that he turned out to be Gabriel. He thought it was awesome though.

Comment

Originally posted by Syn
              The Trickster demonstrated the ability to manipulate time some time ago, and last season Castiel confirmed that "only the heavens had that kind of power". So whether or not the writers knew it at the time, the only thing that the Trickster could have been was an Angel. Or, of course, God, but you can't really portray God that way without pissing off half the planet, so, yeah...
              ^^ Very good.

And, to also add to that, Gabriel(I'm calling him that from now on) was stabbed with a wooden stake in "Tall Tales", and that is what kills a Trickster, but it didn't. Now you could say it was a duplicate, but then again, you really have no proof. Yes, Gabriel appears to watch this "duplicate", but then again Gabriel was stabbed with a stake in "Changing Channels" and the body stayed on the ground for a moment of time.

And also, there have been people saying that Bobby has dealt with a Trickster before, but I re-watched "Tall Tales" and even "Mystery Spot" and heard nothing about such a thing. Bobby only knew the characteristics of a Trickster, and how to summon such a thing(or just a ploy from Gabriel). AND, when Bobby was explaining how a Trickster works, he never once said "A Trickster can bend and change time", in which Gabriel did with "Changing Channels" and even "Mystery Spot".

So, if you call it a retcon, at least say it was a retcon from season three and not just season five.

Comment

I too thought it was awesome.

Gabe is my favorite, historically.

I thought it was a well played moment and I was jumping up and down when he said his name. I remember back a few episodes when I was asking on the forums 'What about Gabriel? Where is he? He's one of the more famous angels." And there he was.

Uber psyched and they also made it ambiguous that he might help the Castiel/Winchesters cause later on, because he looked very thoughtful to me.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎