Special Effects in "Crossfire"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bullet stuff was really cool and the sun tower thing was pretty cool too..

Comment

I told my wife, "There went the budget for the whole season." The f/x were totally awesome, the bullet time shot of Ollies' face on the bullet, Clark plucking the 9mm out of Ollie's eye. The fantastic hologram of the Lexcorp towers. All the computer f/x were more than I can geek about in one sitting. I will watch the ep 10 or 20 more times to be sure I didn't miss anything.

Comment

good, but subpar for smallville. perhaps i was expecting too much out of the bullet scene, though. it's just that when the bullets hit him it looked too fake to me (i know, i know- budget cuts)

Comment

AMAZING! That bullet catching seen may be my favorite BA moment Clark has ever had. I feel like it has been awhile since we got the slow motion effects so that was nice to see again.

Comment

I loved the whole rooftop scene with Clark coming to the rescue.

Comment

The slow-mo bullet scene was the best Special Effects scene I've seen on Smallville in a LONG time!

But its just a matter of time before someone sees him and realizes "hey, that's Clark Kent!"

But a great nod to the bullet scene in Superman Returns - made Smallville Clark look very Superman-like.

Comment

The bullet scene did it for me. What else can I say.

Comment

Usually I don't pay much attention to the special effects but I really liked the bullet scene in Crossfire. Great work.

Comment

bullets bouncing off the superman shield..... EPIC

Comment

Originally posted by malft
                      I told my wife, "There went the budget for the whole season." The f/x were totally awesome, the bullet time shot of Ollies' face on the bullet, Clark plucking the 9mm out of Ollie's eye. The fantastic hologram of the Lexcorp towers. All the computer f/x were more than I can geek about in one sitting. I will watch the ep 10 or 20 more times to be sure I didn't miss anything.
                      LOL

I loved that shot too. Some parts of it looked a bit fake, though. Can't blame them, the budget stuff...

Comment

The bullet scene was probably the best fx shot I've seen yet on SV, so cool!

Comment

THE Bullet scene...nuh' said!

Comment

Not to mention, the heat vision was cool, that's the kind I've been wanting because we haven't seen that kind of heat vision, the normal kind. It didn't look good in "Echo" so much.

I mean since season 7, it's only been intense heat vision, we haven't had heat vision where it's long enough to notice. Too quick to notice in "Wither."

I mean sometimes Clark just shoots heat vision out of his eyes too quick, and the enxt shot shows the beams going fast and hitting something. (Committed)

In "Legion" the heat vision although it was good, it was just plain.

The heat vision looked like Superman heat vision, I wanted to see that particurly while wearing the suit as his Superman suit in this show, and see how it would look together.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Oh yeah that was the only FX there was, oh except for the 3D building computer model of the Rao towers, that was nice.

Even though it's not a visual effect, Mia fighting, it's all in her, or unless it was a stunt woman, she's a damn good athelete, she kicked ass, that made it powerful.
                            Last edited by Mr. Clark Kent27; 10-31-2009, 04:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by lovinredkclark
                              i stand and bow to the total awesomeness of the fx team. this ep was brilliant.

the whole SR fx were just outstanding. the hearing, well of course i always just loved that one. oh and tess little hologram towers. very nice.

fantastic job.
                              I couldn't have said it better. The SFX this season are exceptional and this episode was out of this world.

Comment

I thought the whole Blur rescue scene was extraordinary. It really reminded me why I fell in love with SV in the first place: As an artist, I found the FX of SV very inspirational. (lol, now if I could only motivate myself to actually create something....)

The creme de la creme was Clark catching the bullet centimeters from Oliver's eye.

The heat vision on the gun was just awsome, intense.

I thought they also did a fine job with the holographic image of the solar towers.

lovingredkclark
                                i stand and bow to the total awesomeness of the fx team. this ep was brilliant.
                                ITA

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎