No announcement yet.

Clark and Oliver Rooftop

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice and iconic.

That being said, it was a little too soon for my taste. All in all, Ollie's arc only lasted 5 episodes. 5 episodes spiraling down is enough I guess, but only 2 minutes to get back up seems like a bit of a cop out.

Comment

It was nicely done!! I love Hero shots!!!!

Comment

Great, GREAT scene!!! I thought it was fantastic, I re-watched it like 6 times on my DVR. Green Arrow and proto-Superman looking down from the heights, thinking about how best to help save people and the world. Just an iconic shot.

Comment

I agree - this was the best hero shot we've seen in a long, long time. I hope it signals that things are back on track between Ollie and Clark and the rest of the league. I liked the foreshadowing of things to come; I liked the needling Ollie gave Clark about his outfit; and I liked the general feel of the scene with them both available to take on the business of saving people.

I also liked the comment by Ollie that Clark had done a good job doing it all by himself. To me, that said that Ollie recognized that he wasn't holding up his end of the deal and he would be engaged from now on, giving Clark time to look after his own personal needs once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack-El49
            I agree - this was the best hero shot we've seen in a long, long time. I hope it signals that things are back on track between Ollie and Clark and the rest of the league. I liked the foreshadowing of things to come; I liked the needling Ollie gave Clark about his outfit; and I liked the general feel of the scene with them both available to take on the business of saving people.

I also liked the comment by Ollie that Clark had done a good job doing it all by himself. To me, that said that Ollie recognized that he wasn't holding up his end of the deal and he would be engaged from now on, giving Clark time to look after his own personal needs once in a while.
            i like how Oliver said he was here to help clark now

it sort of felt like Clark was taking the leadership role between the two of them and the league in general which is how it should be

Comment

"I'm here to help you now."
              "You've done a hell of a job keeping the world safe on your own, Clark. I'm here to help you now." - Oliver Queen, Roulette

This line, I think, was a very important one in the development of the show and the development of Clark's character towards becoming Superman. While there have been a slew of unofficial team leaders for the Justice League, Superman can always be looked at as the unofficial leader of the group and of superheroes in general. He’s the one always pointed in the right direction, he’s the most virtuous and morally sound, and he’s the one who everyone looks to for inspiration and for guidance.

Prior to this season in the show, Clark was always following in Oliver’s footsteps, and not very well I might add. Clark was always hesitant to take that next step and really become a superhero like he is now as the Blur. Oliver constantly lectured him, and while it was sanctimonious and annoying he was still right most of the time (except for the lectures about how Clark needed to kill people). Not only that, but Clark was always behind Aquaman, Black Canary, Impulse, and Cyborg too. Hell, even Chloe embraced her role in the Justice League before Clark did.

Now Oliver is saying HE is here to help CLARK. That line is very telling. Oliver isn’t pretending to be the big dog anymore. His lectures to Clark would now be unfounded considering everything Clark’s been doing. Clark is not helping Oliver anymore. Oliver is helping Clark.

One step closer to Superman.

Comment

Felt incredibly good to see that scene, it's nice to see Green Arrow again top it off with Clark standing over Metropolis = priceless.

Comment

Great line! I love how The Blur and GA's relationship has evolved. It's also good to
                  see some humor return between the friends.

Comment

I loved that line. Smallville seems to be getting better and better.

Comment

Originally posted by amalie
                      this was easily my favourite shot of the episode.
                      Outstanding!

So glad, frienndships are being healed and the humor has returned between the friends!
                      Last edited by SparkleforSmallville; 10-24-2009, 08:51 AM.

Comment

great scene between both of them.

Comment

This scene made the entire episode for me...I can't stop watching it on Youtube...It has a real season 6 vibe to it and the score was just fantastic...best scene of season 9 so far Great job guys!!!

Comment

I defently think the justice league is back and maybe it is time clark become pat of the justice league and be a real hero.

Comment

Originally posted by haydenclaireheroes
                              I defently think the justice league is back and maybe it is time clark become pat of the justice league and be a real hero.
                              I don't think Clark needs to become an official member of the Justice League yet. He's still getting his bearings on being a superhero in his own right. He just can't run off "half cocked" like in "Justice" and think he can do everything on his own. He needs to trust in the team even if he doesn't want to sign the roster yet.

Comment

Great line!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎