Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BohoRoohaha
    I loved the score to this episode. But then again, I usually do. who is the composer again? and when did it switch from Mark Snow?
    Louis Febre is the composer and he has been that since season 7.

I loved the score in this episode, Febre is awesome. And I thought that the song in the beginning fit with the scene, good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by redkryptoniteisthebest
      It seems like a newly-released song. I just looked it up on YouTube, and one of the descriptions says their new CD released on September 22, 2009.
      i had been hoping they would use a Brand New song on Smallville since they usually use recently released stuff.

Originally posted by haydenclaireheroes
      I loved that song in the beginning of the episode brand new day by daisy. It was a great fit.
      It's the other way around, the song is Daisy by Brand New, there's no 'day' in the name either.

Originally posted by Bre723
      OMG, Brand New is my favorite band in the world!!!!
      I saw them last weekend.
      Lol, they're my favorite band too. I saw them last Saturday, the 17th in Hollywood. They're amazing every time, though I wish they would have been playing with Thrice and Glassjaw (I heard they're do doing a show with them, not sure who else in New York). I got to meet Jesse and Brian after the show and get their autograph's, the other guys had left before i had the chance to.

Originally posted by DarkKal
      Did you really? I'm so jealous! I have three of their cd's, been obsessed with them for a while now. But I have to say that everyone that liked the song from the beginning has to check out their earlier releases, so amazing!
      Every album is so different from the previous, I love all of them, but my favorite album is TDAGARIM, Daisy is now 2nd follow by Deja Entendu and YFW.

I'm glad to have found out that there are others here that listen to Brand New, I really don't know that many people that do.

Comment

i really dug the song. It felt good to have some real music back on the show.

Comment

Finally real music! I loved it

Comment

Originally posted by LBDII
            i really dug the song. It felt good to have some real music back on the show.
            Yes. I like too the music, really good music

Comment

In the Oliver & Lois scene where she talks to him (the scene was emotional), it had nice music to it. Especially where she asked Ollie, "Why didn't you come and talk to me?" It was an emotional scene, and the music was perfect for it. (It kinda reminds me of the Blur & Lois scene: that type of music).

Then I liked the music in the Clark & Oliver scene on the roof of the Daily Planet. I liked the music from that, but the music from the Oliver & Lois scene was better!

Comment

Originally posted by Sv.LoisLane
                The song would be Daisy by Brand New.
                Thank you so much! I was wondering about it. I loved it! I'd like to hear some Kings of Leon on SV too! I love them!

Comment

Loved the brand new song! Saw them in concert a couple years ago, excellent band!

Comment

Originally posted by tibbit78
                    In the Oliver & Lois scene where she talks to him (the scene was emotional), it had nice music to it. Especially where she asked Ollie, "Why didn't you come and talk to me?" It was an emotional scene, and the music was perfect for it. (It kinda reminds me of the Blur & Lois scene: that type of music).

Then I liked the music in the Clark & Oliver scene on the roof of the Daily Planet. I liked the music from that, but the music from the Oliver & Lois scene was better!
                    Me too, JoAnne! The undertones they played in the rooftop scene were actually very powerful for what was going on in that scene. I really liked it. I thought they did a great job for the music in this episode, from the beginning with the Daisy song, to the final three scenes. I like that LF seems to be really blossoming out his music this year. You can have anything on the screen and if you have the right music, it just makes it magical and right somehow.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎