Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music in Echo

This thread is for the discussion of any music heard in Echo.

The background music - blasting and blah

It's been a long time since I brought this up last. But, is it just me or isn't the music in the background too loud and overused and almost meaningless. It rarely if ever seems to fit the story anymore.

Comment

I liked it.

Comment

xrayvision mentioned somewhere else that he thinks it makes a difference if you are watching on over-the-air digital as opposed to satellite or cable. What do you watch it on?
        I watched on OTA Digital for the bettter picture

Comment

The score was surprisingly good in this episode.

Comment

I have always loved Oliver's score and I'm wondering if there's a way to find it online, I would love to have it!

Comment

I loved the scoring, especially in the beginning with Clark's "theme" and then when they were interviewing the hostages...very well done.

Was that Carlos Santana at the cantina where Oliver was?

Comment

it is cool to have musical scored for episodes, but i still do miss at times having copyrighted songs.

Comment

I hate to say this, but I don't think It was Louis' best work.

Comment

Originally posted by superspider02
                    it is cool to have musical scored for episodes, but i still do miss at times having copyrighted songs.
                    Same here

Comment

The music is always good, but the sound when Oliver sees Lex in the reflection, that sounds scared the living crap out of me ; )

Comment

^^hahaha! I know! It was the same music from Metallo. Perfect for that moment though.

However, I do have only one quip with the music, and that's that I wished it had been a little, ok, a lot more suspenseful during the "Oliver on a pressure plate" sequence. With Clark just standing around like that, (I know he wasn't "just standing around, but you know what I mean), if the music had been more intense, I think it would have been a better dynamic.

Comment

I loved the score in this episode, and all season for that matter. They play the perfect music at exactly the right moment, and they do well at playing the characters themes during certain scenes that really gets you into the moment. Absolutely love how the music comes into play during the dialogue to help express the message that they're trying to send, it's really appropriate and sets the phase for every episode.

Comment

Originally posted by KryptoKnight
                            xrayvision mentioned somewhere else that he thinks it makes a difference if you are watching on over-the-air digital as opposed to satellite or cable. What do you watch it on?
                            I watched on OTA Digital for the bettter picture
                            I think it depends on your affiliate too. One of mine has these weird "clicks" that make the sound go down in volume. That's decreased a lot though, since their digital upgrades. But I think everyone going digital had to affect the audio as well as the visual right? I have satellite, so my sound is actually pretty good and even. Last night though, my NY affiliate's sound cut out during the Clark/Toyman thing, so I watched the Denver one, and that station's music was really loud in comparison to the LA one, which, to quote Goldilocks, was just right.

Comment

I really liked the music during the hospital scenes, especially where Clark called that dude out on sensationalism. Really heroic.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎