Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark closed the book on Lana

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was he taking that picture out of his wallet?
    If he was I was just waiting for him to replace it with a pic of Lois

Comment

I haven't seen the episode yet, but I think that is very sweet that they acknowledge what those characters meant to them in the past.

Clark had better have photos of Martha somewhere too, though! She is his mom, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshadow129x
        he put the picture away for closure. its not that he has forgotten her she is a big part of who he is but he's closing that door now because he feels like he can move on to Lois.
        MHO, everybody we know and love make us who we are (including our on-line friendships). Lana played an important role in Clark's life . And post final crisis, it is true in the larger comic book mythos.

Our friends, our past loves, they are all important in shaping us. I felt this scene respected her place in his life without elevating her to "the one". She isn't. And the scene in the rain with Clark/Lois and the final scene between Clark/Lana/Lois showed us Clark realizes this.

Comment

Originally posted by uncaged
          At first I saw her picture and I was about to flip out, but then it turned into a really sweet scene that showed closure and acceptance and happiness for what they had. That's how that relationship needed to end.
          I agree with that. It was very nice. He was moving on, but he will always cherish that part of his past, though it will no longer hamper him from going forward with his life.

So sweet Clana scene, a very good scene of closure that I would not have expected.

Comment

The last scene was very intense and very powerful. It was an intimate look into Clark’s life and where he stands romantically. First, Clark put away Lana’s photo, quite literally closing that chapter in his life and putting his past behind him. Then, Clark intercepted Lois’s shoulder punch, which has been a symbolic representation of their platonic relationship since season 4, and quite literally put an end to their relationship as “friends”. In that one scene we were shown that Clark is moving on and is embracing his future.

It was an interesting way to show it. I would have preferred to hear some dialogue about Lana, but the way they did it (although very blunt and very direct) at least provided a modicum of closure for the Clana relationship, which was more than I ever expected.

Lana Lang wasn’t just forgotten and continuity actually reared its face yet again this season. Color me pleasantly surprised.
            Last edited by Amelie; 10-09-2009, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LightSeeker
              Was he taking that picture out of his wallet?
              If he was I was just waiting for him to replace it with a pic of Lois
              Oliver's got a nice, wallet sized pic of Lois that Clark should just take.

Comment

I like that he's not willing to just be "buddies" with lois anymore.

Comment

This episode was one of their best episodes this year. I have mixed emotions, I suppose. Clark put Lana's picture away because he can't be with her, not because he didn't want to be with her. He very much wanted to be with her, but kryponite suits currently keep that from happening. This always makes me wonder - particularly if she ever came back. Pictures are one thing, seeing people face to face is another. If they can't get KK back, then this is a decent closure and the best they can do. If she does come back for guest spot or two, then I just don't know what will happen. I remember vividly the scene on the rooftop. I see that he's falling for Lois and I think they are doing Clois very well. I still think that it would be good to show Lana coming back kryptonite-free and have the audience SEE Clark choose not to be in a relationship with her, not just put her picture away because he can't be with her.

Comment

It was the proper closure that Lana and Clark never got in "Requiem".

Comment

Originally posted by thehenry89
                      I like that he's not willing to just be "buddies" with lois anymore.

Comment

Let's be happy that Clark has moved on from Lana.

But also let's not hate on Lana. Even if you do not like the things that she has done in the past she is an important part of the Superman mythos. She is his first love and that is an important role in someones life. Especially if you still want to be friends with them. Lana is gone now so what is there to hate?

Comment

Originally posted by Moonshayde
                          SV writers are doing symbolism? And making it work?
                          Yes and it wasn't heavy-handed. It was clear to the viewers what the symbolism was while still leaving it light enough that we didn't get knocked 'round the head by anvils.

Good storytelling! Was this a new writer for tonight's episode? He did well, and the director of this scene played off that imagery very nicely too. Kudos to the actors for pulling it off as well.

It was nice to see this kind of clean symbolism.

Comment

I've already merged two threads on this subject. Please search through the threads before creating something new, and discuss this thread further over there. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by thehenry89
                              ITA he was literally and figuratively closing the book on lana.
                              I hope so! When I saw the pic I thought "Oh jeez, here we go again!"

Comment

Originally posted by Clana4Life
                                This episode was one of their best episodes this year. I have mixed emotions, I suppose. Clark put Lana's picture away because he can't be with her, not because he didn't want to be with her. He very much wanted to be with her, but kryponite suits currently keep that from happening. This always makes me wonder - particularly if she ever came back. Pictures are one thing, seeing people face to face is another. If they can't get KK back, then this is a decent closure and the best they can do. If she does come back for guest spot or two, then I just don't know what will happen. I remember vividly the scene on the rooftop. I see that he's falling for Lois and I think they are doing Clois very well. I still think that it would be good to show Lana coming back kryptonite-free and have the audience SEE Clark choose not to be in a relationship with her, not just put her picture away because he can't be with her.
                                I agree with you. I think it would be nice to have KK come back and show Clark choose Lois over Lana, even when there is a chance he can be with Lana.

But since I don't think that'll happen (because I don't think KK will come back), then I'll take what I can get. When I see Clark put away the picture, with a smile on his face, and no emo music, then I can't help but feel that he's moved on for good.

And, then, it helps that they show Lois coming and Clark telling her they make a good team & then we also had that fantastic rain scene.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎