• Show
Clear All

• Ratings for 5.5 Fallen Idol

Ratings for last night:

Supernatural: Viewers: 2.47 million; A18-49: 1.1/ 3

The Vampire Diaries: 3.52 million viewers and a 1.7/ 5 among adults 18-49

ehhhhhh I give up with caring about the ratings

Comment

Is that better or worse than last week? I was hoping the Paris Hilton spot might give a big boost to the ratings. She seems to have a lot of followers.

Comment

Yeah Rose, I know what you mean. I still care, obviously I don't want to see them fall too far, but I think this may be where we are going to settle in for the season..the 2.5 million range. And as long as we don't drop much further there is nothing to worry about. I'll just take the ratings for what they are and enjoy the show

Those ratings are a little worse than last week I believe, but not significantly.

One thing that may continue to dampen ratings for the rest of the month...baseball playoffs started this week.

Comment

The CW is promoting the hell out of VD. Everytime the CW is on, you see a promo for VD on every commercial break. Plus, they already put in a full season order. They are putting their full support and advertising backing behind it which is why the ratings are so high. Whereas shows like Smallville and Supernatural don't really get any advertising at all other than the next week on montages at the end of the episode. It is their own fault that the ratings are so low. If people don't know about the show, then they won't tune in. The 2.5 million viewers per week that Smallville/Supernatural are pulling are long time loyal viewers. They need to start advertising better to attract new viewers.

Comment

All I see is ads for GG and OTH

Comment

Who cares.

Supernatural is better than VD.

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
                The CW is promoting the hell out of VD. Everytime the CW is on, you see a promo for VD on every commercial break. Plus, they already put in a full season order. They are putting their full support and advertising backing behind it which is why the ratings are so high. Whereas shows like Smallville and Supernatural don't really get any advertising at all other than the next week on montages at the end of the episode. It is their own fault that the ratings are so low. If people don't know about the show, then they won't tune in. The 2.5 million viewers per week that Smallville/Supernatural are pulling are long time loyal viewers. They need to start advertising better to attract new viewers.
                Exactly. It sucks to see them pour all their time/effort/cash into Vampire Diaries and then not give anything to Supernatural. I rarely ever see ads for it and the ratings drop. You'd think they would donate a little cash/effort to promoting their show so they might boost their own success.

Space at this point does so much more to promote the show. Their previews are awesome!

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎