No announcement yet.

Claire can't get drunk?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claire can't get drunk?

Claire told Gretchen that she couldn't get drunk, and that she'd always have a designated driver. My only gripe was that Kensei had the same power as Claire, and in feudal Japan, wasn't he quite the alcoholic? Or else he was just in the habit of drinking? Although he looked pretty wasted when Hiro dunked his head in the traugh.

I don't know if you watched the episode last year where Claire and Nathan were at some bar and Nathan and some random guys were seeing who could drink the most tequila or something for money and Nathan passed out so Claire went in and just kept taking shot after shot without the alcohol having any side effects.

Comment

It might because either Kensei's healing power wasn't activated yet due to suffering the tramautic event of dying the first time that he does later on.

Or Claire's powers are just still in superdrive since Sylar sawed her head open in season three - after that she could no longer feel pain and it became evident that she couldn't get drunk.

Adam/Kensei still seemed able to feel pain (in a manly "must not show it too much" kind of way, lol) so I don't think his are as ramped up as hers because he hasn't had his brains scrambled by Sylar.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

But... it doesn't make sense why knock out gas/tranks would still work on her though. Wouldn't she just heal the effects that has on her the same way she heals the effects of alcohal?
      Last edited by RedPhoenix23; 09-29-2009, 03:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by kryptonhero25
        I don't know if you watched the episode last year where Claire and Nathan were at some bar and Nathan and some random guys were seeing who could drink the most tequila or something for money and Nathan passed out so Claire went in and just kept taking shot after shot without the alcohol having any side effects.
        Yea that little stunt goes more to prove my point that the writers' seemed to move the goal posts in the middle of the game. Kensei was a raving lush, and they went to lengths to portray that, yet has exactly the same powers as Claire does, but she cannot get drunk.

Comment

i dont think kensi had the ability to heal think he just had the ability to not die.

Comment

Originally posted by RedPhoenix23
            It might because either Kensei's healing power wasn't activated yet due to suffering the tramautic event of dying the first time that he does later on.

Or Claire's powers are just still in superdrive since Sylar sawed her head open in season three - after that she could no longer feel pain and it became evident that she couldn't get drunk.

Adam/Kensei still seemed able to feel pain (in a manly "must not show it too much" kind of way, lol) so I don't think his are as ramped up as hers because he hasn't had his brains scrambled by Sylar.
            That could possibly be why, yet the writers' shouldn't let the audience figure out a glitch like so by offering up alternatives, they need to explain it.

But... it doesn't make sense why knock out gas/tranks would still work on her though. Wouldn't she just heal the effects that has on her the same way she heals the effects of alcohal?
            Yea I never understood that one either. The same with Sylar in the season finale. Me thinks the writers' need to do a better job at portraying the characters' vulnerabilities and in-vulnerabilities a little better.

Originally posted by superhippie2000
            i dont think kensi had the ability to heal think he just had the ability to not die.

Well if you remember in the second season when he found out he said and Hiro acknowledged that he couldn't die from ANY wound. In the next few scenes he was shown cutting his forearm with a sword and healing instantly.
            Last edited by shanemak; 09-29-2009, 05:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Claire's pain receptors were reset back to normal last season, unless the new writers forgot..oops!

Comment

When was that? Oops, the audience forgot too, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by shanemak
                  That could possibly be why, yet the writers' shouldn't let the audience figure out a glitch like so by offering up alternatives, they need to explain it.

Yea I never understood that one either. The same with Sylar in the season finale. Me thinks the writers' need to do a better job at portraying the characters' vulnerabilities and in-vulnerabilities a little better.

Well if you remember in the second season when he found out he said and Hiro acknowledged that he couldn't die from ANY wound. In the next few scenes he was shown cutting his forearm with a sword and healing instantly.
                  ya but that could of been the immortallity power doing the healing.

----- Added 15 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by RedPhoenix23
                  When was that? Oops, the audience forgot too, lol.
                  Last edited by superhippie2000; 09-30-2009, 07:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

For some reason, I've always thought that Adam's abiltiy manifested around the time when he was fataly wounded with the arrows. I sort of wonder if his abiltiy manifesting then had something to do with Hiro (inadverdently) travelling back to that particular time in history. I tend to think that Hiro stepped on a few butterflies, so to speak, and caused Adam's abiltiy to manifest at that time. But that's just a theory, and nothing else. It does bug me that the writers have been rather inconsistent.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎