Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsith99
    Or they used the whole budget on this episode and the rest of the year will be lame
    God I hope not.

Comment

I hope they saved some money for Clark vs. Metallo. I am not expecting anything epic but I do want to see them throw some punches at one another. This is not Clark vs. a monster, this is Clark vs. a man/cyborg. We should be able to see some fighting at least.

Comment

Statue of Liberty effect was pretty good, it really felt like it was real

Comment

Best so far.

Comment

Clark saving the mono-rail and jumping fom the statue of liberty were awesome.The Clark/Alia visuals in their fight were fantastic to.
            Last edited by tmchale1970; 09-26-2009, 09:28 AM.

Comment

I liked the Metropolis skyline. it was original rather than using Gotham City's from Batman Begins like they have in the past season.

Comment

I think the monorail effects of it going off the tracks was definitely the worst effects on tonights episode. It looked unrealistic and fake.

Comment

Originally posted by PJBoy
                  There were lots of them, actually.

- The Watchtower CGI building at the very start.
                  - The whole train sequence.
                  - Clark in the top of that tall building.
                  - Training in the Fortress.
                  - Statue of Liberty shot.
                  - Some heat visions.
                  - Lots of stunts here and there.

And compared to "Odyssey" last season, we had a lot more VFX!
                  Agreed!

Comment

The bigger budget is REALLY showing through.

Comment

A-MAZING special fx! Totally agree, Syn. The bigger budget is coming through.

Ironically, my favourite special effect was small and relatively inexpensive.

Right after Clark catches the train, and sees Lois, a spark lights up between them. It's an electrical cable snapping, but still, there's literally sparks between them. How romantic. Subtle and effective.

Comment

Special Effect looks better then any of most of last seasons IMO of course

Comment

Best special effects since Bizzaro season seven premiere! That used to be my favorite episode but I think this may have topped it!

Comment

Pretty damn good.

The sky train crash and catch, the FoS training, the Statue of Liberty dive, and the slow-moed deadly frisbee (circular saw) scene in the Clark/Alia fight in the bar, all excellent stuff.

Comment

The Statue of Liberty was my favorite effect...the Clark Alia fight was wonderful makeup for the lack of Doomsday action.

Its also great to see Metropolis be expanded upon. The train scene did a great job with the skyline.

Comment

Originally posted by yomama
                                Right after Clark catches the train, and sees Lois, a spark lights up between them. It's an electrical cable snapping, but still, there's literally sparks between them. How romantic. Subtle and effective.
                                Agreed. That was awesome. And the look on his face right after that: so cute I 'bout died!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎