No announcement yet.

Bobby possessed?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby possessed?

I wished they would have said how Bobby got possessed. I thought he would have had the same tattoo the boys have and he is alot more careful than the boys.

All a demon really has to do is possess someone else, cut the tattoo with a blade then jump body. It's not a garuanteed way of demon-proofing yourself.

Comment

True and thats in my sight the reason why Cas curved the new sign into the Ribs of Sam and Dean, so they canīt be ripped out so easy.

Comment

I too was surprised that Bobby was possessed, you would think he would be extremely careful about stuff like that, especially since his wife was possessed and that's how she died. Then again, John Winchester was possessed in the last episode of season 1, and everyone thought he was a super hunter who couldn't be stopped. Also, it has been said that people are more open to demonic possession depending on their state of mind, like in Phantom Traveler when Dean was afraid of flying Sam told him to chill out because he was so scared that he was wide open for demonic possession. I'm guessing with all the stuff that was going on in the last two episodes of last season, Bobby was pretty stressed out, and whatever repelents he may have had might've been out weighed by his state of mind.

Comment

I thought it was lazy writing, like a majority of the rest of the episode.

It's just not believable for me to think some "demon of the week" got the best of Bobby.
          And added to the fact that he had that demon immune tattoo, just doesn't make sense.

I wish they would've explained, but the episode was so crammed.

Comment

Originally posted by DruVamp
            I wished they would have said how Bobby got possessed. I thought he would have had the same tattoo the boys have and he is alot more careful than the boys.
            seriously ... and how did he survive the stab that killed the demon... I thought it had to be a fatal blow like with the colt, I mean Sam stabbed that one demon in the hand and it didn't die... this episode had more holes in it then a sieve...

Comment

When/where was it ever stated or shown that Bobby had that tattoo LuthorKent90? Im not arguing with you I am just curious if I missed that scene, because the second I saw that he was possessed that popped into my mind. You would have thought that any, ANY hunter that Dean or Sam knew would know about the tattoo to help agasint being possessed, and bobby being as close to them as he is, would/should of been having it put on him in the same parlor at the same time as Dean and Sam.

As for the idea that maybe that piece of flesh was simply cut off before hand, that in itself is just as far fetched.

On another note. Was this the first time we ever saw a human be able to regain some amount of control over his body while possessed?

Comment

Originally posted by borednow
                seriously ... and how did he survive the stab that killed the demon... I thought it had to be a fatal blow like with the colt, I mean Sam stabbed that one demon in the hand and it didn't die... this episode had more holes in it then a sieve...
                We have more episodes in the season to explain these things. What plot holes are you talking about?

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by LuthorKent90
                I thought it was lazy writing, like a majority of the rest of the episode.

It's just not believable for me to think some "demon of the week" got the best of Bobby.
                And added to the fact that he had that demon immune tattoo, just doesn't make sense.

I wish they would've explained, but the episode was so crammed.
                I don't think Bobby has a tattoo
                Last edited by Lexgirl33; 09-14-2009, 07:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Lexgirl33
                  I don't think Bobby has a tattoo
                  I have a problem with that on the basis of who the character of Bobby is. His wife was possessed. He knows (atleast knew) more about possession than Sam and Dean did. You would think that, like I said earlier, when Bobby found out about the symbol to keep yourself protected from Sam and Dean (and it would be poor on the part of their characters if they would never of told him, even off screen) he would of branded it into his skin as well?

Comment

Originally posted by borednow
                    I don't think it had to be a fatal blow...I just think the knife needed to be someone inserted through the skin? But I'm sure they'll explain it. Most things in this show are explained. And besides, Bobby is a really tough dude. I didn't really see plot holes, I saw things that they'd explain during the season. That's my take anyway.

And also, sometimes for people that are possessed - that body is already dead or will be dead as soon as the demon is expelled so Bobby wasn't dead or beaten up too badly so he could come back....some of the other hosts couldn't be saved anyway so it didn't matter whether they stab them in the heart or the leg they just needed them gone.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Tygrius
                    I have a problem with that on the basis of who the character of Bobby is. His wife was possessed. He knows (atleast knew) more about possession than Sam and Dean did. You would think that, like I said earlier, when Bobby found out about the symbol to keep yourself protected from Sam and Dean (and it would be poor on the part of their characters if they would never of told him, even off screen) he would of branded it into his skin as well?
                    I would have thought so but I guess he didn't do that. I bet he will now. Again something that they might revisit later on. Maybe he never really had a need before. Bobby seemed to be 'safe' most of the time and I think he had other things on his person 'hex bags' etc that protected him and maybe he was just caught with his guard down. Once is all it takes. Yeah Bobby should have known better....fail lol
                    Last edited by Ginx; 09-14-2009, 08:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

That's another thing I didn't like about this premiere. How does a hunter who's been on the road that long doesn't have a tattoo like the brothers?

Originally posted by Syn
                      All a demon really has to do is possess someone else, cut the tattoo with a blade then jump body. It's not a garuanteed way of demon-proofing yourself.
                      Why didn't they explain that in the premiere, considering that Bobby was already in the hospital? The man survided that knife stab! Wasn't that supposed to kill the person permanently as well (that was the excuse Sam used last year to exorcise Demons).

Originally posted by Tygrius
                      That's my point.

Comment

well we also chatted about this on the premiere night. I think that the level of demons and their power is greater now that the 'boss' is out. I think even a trained hunter like Bobby can fall victim to them - I think that might have been Kripke's point - is that no one is safe and anyone can fall victim. Anything goes basically. Maybe even some of the norm hunting styles are void now. It's a new game.

Comment

Good point.

Also, Bobby probably didn't know Lucifer was set free when he had become possessed. Therefore, not expecting anything to happen to him.

Comment

When Lucifer was released (and the boys got a good view from the plane) it looked like a lot of energy and power so who knows what's changed as a result of that....Now Cas needs to brand Bobby so angels can't find him - because if the angels are looking for the boys then Bobby could lead the angels right to the boys without a brand

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
                              I don't think it had to be a fatal blow...I just think the knife needed to be someone inserted through the skin?
                              ... like when Sam stabbed the crossroad demon through the hand and it didn't die? Or when Dean stabbed Alistair and he didn't die? or when Alistair was playing connect the stab points on Ruby and she didn't die?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎