Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of the pilot of TVD?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i liked it sure as heck gonna watch it next week

Comment

Well as I was watching the pilot I thought Craig really did have a point. It does feel like something the Early WB might have put on the air. Kevin Williamson produces this series, and if you know his work you can see he's all over this - which is a good thing, I've enjoyed his work in the past, particularly Dawson's Creek and Scream. People need to let the Twilight thing die already and start judging vampire entertainment on its own merits. I thought the pilot showed a lot of potential, we'll see what happens next week. 6/10.

Comment

I rated it a 7 to Val. It wasn't quite as bad as I'd feared but it also wasn't overly terrific. I'm going to give it a few more chances I think, though.

Ian has Damon down regarding his character but in looks, no way. He did okay with some expressions but others I thought were overdone.

I actually ended up liking Paul as Stefan much more than I expected, but we'll see.

Elena, well she wasn't QUITE so bad as I'd feared, she didn't play that "I'm the victim" card like I thought she would. She wasn't mopey or anything. Still not the Elena I know and love but, oh well.

Bonnie...eh, not very happy with her. That's NOT Bonnie right now

Matt...well he was pretty much forgettable in this episode. He had his quieter demeanor, but I hope he has more lines in the future, otherwise he's basically a statue.

Wow, Vicky has a brother? Mmmmmmk. She was actually not too bad.

Tyler--yep, his usual arsehole self and I liked, Mr. Tanner, haha yep they wrote him well too. Um, Caroline does not feel sorry for herself like that, nope. Elena's brother, UGH, annoying and way too emo.

Hello, they're all downing beer like they're 21, and NO one gets breathalyzed by the cops, oooooooooooook, lol.

Anyway, some of the effects were cool (the vampire look, the fight scene, the "flying"), but the fog, not so much.

I will be tuning in next week to watch though.

Comment

Not bad.. I liked Eleana, she didn't seem to appear to over play the victim card.

Stephan and Eleana had great chemistry, but she should have been a little suspicious of Stephan's actions.

Damon was interesting, I can see his potential for evil.

The innocent infatuation, the music and the cemetary scene reminded me of early season Smallville.
          I'm not sure that I'm committed to the series yet, but I'm intrigued enough to try again next week.

Comment

Not terrible...pretty much what I was expecting in terms of quality on the first episode. I gave it a 6.

I will be watching through mid-season finale though, because I think this is a show that will get better when it really "finds" itself. It had some strengths going for it, notably Stefan interaction w/ Damon. This is definitely a wait and see kind of show.

Comment

I thought that the pilot was done very well, I gave it a 10. I know that for sure I am going to watch next week.

Comment

That was a lot better than I expected (going by trailers for it which to me made it look horrible). I thought it was filmed very well, not nearly as cheaply (or as cheap-looking) as sets-ville Smallville. Ugh, Smallville.

Once again a show that casts a bunch of college senior looking actors in high school roles. What a surprise.

I really liked the soundtrack/songs in the episode. A big plus for the series, this automatically jacks up the show's grade for me. Plus there was some nice directionality coming from my speaker system, particularly notable with the crows.

I thought the beginning was crappy. A couple driving along in a car at night to start--uh, True Blood anyone? Supernatural? A million other things? Thanks for trying to be different, TVD. Not. Seriously, did they HAVE to start the EXACT same way the True Blood series did?

Other things that smelled True Bloody were Elena with a younger brother, and living with a relative other than their parents, who are conveniently also dead. Elena is similarly "special"/irresistible to the main vamp, like Sookie is to Bill. Or like Bella was to Edward in that mediocre Twilight movie.

Speaking of Twilight, the Stefan/Elena stuff was so that movie, and also very reminiscent of Roswell--along with Elena and her diary fetish (that was also a Liz thing).

Regarding the "I'm a vampire, this is my story" introduction voiceover from Stefan -- could that be any MORE lame? I don't think so.

Finally, the Elena actress looked a LOT like a young Alyssa Milano to me at times.

So overall not a bad start at all -- I give it a 7. Closest thing to a Roswell fix around after Smallville's early years, as Luthor5339 pointed out.
                Last edited by Xanderman; 09-11-2009, 12:19 AM.

Comment

I give it a 7. It looked good at times but I just couldn't get into it. I have it on DVR and will watch it again later.

Comment

I found the pilot really good. I knew I was going to watch this show as soon as I heard about it just because it dealt with vampires and I really liked the work that the people behind the show were involved with. Julie Plec, one of the producers, worked on kyle xy (cancelled before its time for sure) and Kevin Williamson worked on Dawsons Creek and the scream movies (never saw dawsons but heard good things and I really enjoy those scream movies)

the music in the pilot was also fantastic, i really hope they continue playing it throughout upcoming episodes, that's one of the things I like to see in a show I watch, great music

the actors were all good imo, the interaction between the brothers towards the end was really good and it will be fun to see how that develops as the series goes on, also it leaves room for flashback potential, which I think is inevitable

the scenery was good, it had a dark atmosphere to it and I feel it is a pretty good companion to supernatural, even though smallville will be missed from thursday nights I will be watching it on fridays no matter what

i gave the pilot 9/10, a show i will certainly keep watching

Comment

3/10 nothing original. Great Soundtrack and I like the Damon character and the blonde girl.

Comment

I loved it. I think this show could be the next Smallville if peolpe just give it a chance!!! The pilot was as good as Smallville's pilot.

Comment

And once again, the characters all just happen to be good looking.

Comment

I gave it 10.
                            I hate vampires and zombies, 'cause they're so worn out, but this show is kinda different.
                            Really great cast, awesome effects, interesting plot turns.

Definitely gonna keep watching this.

Comment

Originally posted by e-µ-i
                              I gave it 10.
                              I hate vampires and zombies, 'cause they're so worn out, but this show is kinda different.
                              Really great cast, awesome effects, interesting plot turns.

Definitely gonna keep watching this.
                              Im with out i mean this one is not bad i mean i hate twilight

Comment

Meh.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎