No announcement yet.

Kara should have waited for the Legion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kara should have waited for the Legion

The best way to have ended Kara's role on Smallville would have been the Legion taking her back to the 31st century with them.

Wasn't that how the story goes anyway???

The modern version joined them for a while, but eventually left. The pre-crisis version (she was a Legion member for a time, but left, when she turned 21) moved around for years, before settling down in Chicago, in the early 80's (which is really something, I've suggested, that they could have done with her; Have her decide she needs to start her own life on this planet, which she has to do on her own and she moves to Chicago). Neither one remained in the future.

Comment

What happened to that fake Kara? We never saw her die and she was uber powerful. Why didn't Jor-El just program some random dude to be Kal-El like that and leave Clark be?

Comment

It's been a while since I've seen Covenant, but I thought Jor-el pretty much fried her!

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
          The modern version joined them for a while, but eventually left. The pre-crisis version (she was a Legion member for a time, but left, when she turned 21) moved around for years, before settling down in Chicago, in the early 80's (which is really something, I've suggested, that they could have done with her; Have her decide she needs to start her own life on this planet, which she has to do on her own and she moves to Chicago). Neither one remained in the future.
          Kara came and went in the 70s and 80's. She retired in the 70's after the supergirl robot story and that is when they did the chicago/stanhope stuff. She re-appeared in Legion volume 2 from the great darkness saga to the end of the ontir story in 'Tales of the Legion' in the 80's. That was her last appearance with them just before she died. Then from volume 3 issue 16 to 30 brainy is seriously mourning her. The pre crisis story, especially in her last visit showed she was always torn between her life in the 20th century and Brainy. If he wasn't there she wouldn't have gone back. Levitz wrote her as prodding Brainy for a reason to stay, at Projectra and Karate Kid's wedding she says she's severely tempted to rejoin herself to him and he says nothing. Sun Boy flirts with her, Brainy says nothing. She says that she loves letting loose with her powers, she loves the legion and he knows how she feels about him and he says nothing. When she finally goes after a mission went wrong he still can't say anything, he just stutters. He couldn't stop her because he can't deal socially. It was the most frustrating and sad thing I've ever read.

The post crisis version wanted to stay with the Legion but Saturn Girl told her she had to go back. I think its issue 21 when she really wants to go back because in her words it was the only place she felt she belonged. I think its only a matter of time before she goes with the retroboot legion

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎