Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Davis Actually Fancy Chloe...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Just adding this (last points on this topic)

As far as I can see it - when it comes to Chimmy - everyone thinks it's only Chloe's fault for everything. How about we agree that both are to blame. If you believe Chloe is using Jimmy then why the need for them to be together? I honestly don't get that. Everyone is saying oh look Chloe is such a horrible person but Jimmy is a saint let's pair them up still. Jimmy deserved someone who isn't living a fast paced live like Chloe because that'll always come between them. I get that. I honestly do.

Perception is everything. When Chloe hugged Davis in Turbulence it was only because she was feeling sad.

My perception- Chloe: I'm worried that the life I lead hurt Jimmy.
    From your response it seems that your perception is that Chloe hugged Davis because she wanted Jimmy to be jealous.

Jimmy went ahead and took it a completely different way. Chloe saw that Jimmy was going to murder Davis so she stopped him. What if she didn't arrive? Would you have rathered Doomsday kill Jimmy at that moment? Would you rather Jimmy go to prison? I don't even like Jimmy but I wouldn't even wish either on him. Tasering Jimmy actually saved his life at that moment. Chloe started off being worried about him (what kind of a person would she be if she left Jimmy when he was down) but look at the thanks she got in the end. Good intentions always ended badly.

Like I said - perception.
    Davis wants Jimmy to get away from him because Doomsday may get control

Jimmy wants to hurt Davis because he didn't trust him. Actually I would go with jealously as the first reason but that's my perception. What did you expect Jimmy to be doing with that pipe? Poking Davis in the back? If Jimmy really wanted to be in the right, call the cops. And what did Jimmy tell Davis. It wasn't "you're a murderer and I'm gonna call the authorities" it's "You wanted Chloe all to yourself"

Chloe tasered Jimmy, not just to save Davis but to keep Jimmy from hurting himself. She went back to Jimmy soon after because she couldn't leave him like that. I didn't expect her to. But Chloe gets a kick in the face, everyone cheers and everyone stills cheering because they got back together and still saying "EPIC ROMANCE"

If I may be so bold I'm assuming your perception is:
    Davis - Ahhh Jimmy. I'm gonna kill him
    Jimmy - I'm the hero of this story. I shall avenge!!
    Chloe - I'm a selfish ***** who only cares for Davis so I'm gonna taser Jimmy till his eyeballs pop. *sneaky sneaky sneaky*

I still believe in the connection between Chloe and Davis, from the moment they first met, the way they interacted and the feelings that began developing. Considering the Davis/Doomsday issue, whether Davis existed or not, Doomsday would still be wrecking havoc. What people fail to understand is that Davis was forced into this life because of what others expected him to be. What's the use of having him black out and not remember anything if the plan was not to show duality?

Did I miss the phonecalls? Actually I watched the entire season - over and over and over. Davis was calling Chloe because he needed help. If he was calling her to say "Chloe I don't want you to marry Jimmy" or arrived there as himself to stop the wedding then I would have agreed with you. Davis was staying away from Chloe as best as he could but still needing her. Doomsday was the one who took control and ruined everything. If Davis (not David) was really a cold hearted killer would he look so distraughted and disgusted everytime. I don't believe so.

I don't believe Chloe led Jimmy on as much as she wanted to believe that she wanted a life with him. I believe she wanted it to work but imo, they are incompatible. Both of them had secrets, issues and longings. They're both alike that's why they clash on so many levels. Chloe longed for Clark but settled for Jimmy because he was 'safe'. But know that her life with Clark and the superheroes formed a very integral part of who she is. Unfortunately Jimmy never seemed a part of that. Chloe was loyal to Jimmy but that life that he never got a foothold in always seems to get first preference. Jimmy saw that and always decided to be the first one to leave the relationship. What I don't get is the constant need to torture each other with going back and forth. I don't think anyone intented to 'use' anyone but when the 'stuff's being brewing for a while' it's gonna blow soon enough. And it did.

"Twisted outer shell" Nice. Yep that little boy who was caged, experimented on and thrown on into the streets was a twisted outer shell. I'll think about that the next time I see orphans on the street and tell them that they are worth nothing. Not everyone gets a perfect foster home life and Davis was one of the unlucky ones. However he devoted his life to helping others - at least that was the one thing he did of his own free will. He became an EMT, he suggested to Bette a place to stay because he has a friend who helps girls like her. That's the Davis I choose to believe in.

I get that even if Davis was not attached to Doomsday that people would still not like him. Because he threatens Chimmy. Somebody has to say it because everyone is walking around on eggshells. Oh let's rip into Chlavis every chance we get but Chimmy gets a free pass. Even before we knew (unless people maybe read spoilers before) that Doomsday was inside Davis, there was a need to discredit him - he looks like he could play and evil guy, oh look another love triangle.

Even if I agreed with you and said that Davis was bad, I still wouldn't ship Chimmy. I still think they were horrible for each other even if Davis never came on the show. When Chloe is with Jimmy she uses her head. She never uses her heart which is what she's always trying to protect. Jimmy uses his head too but when it's time to leave, his heart gets in the way. Davis is the only guy who actually uses his heart on the show. Everyone goes around guarding it, putting up barriers and defenses when there is probably just one person who tore down those walls. Actually before I was a Chloe/Davis shipper I was a Chloe/George shipper (Apocalypse) because the intention was to show how would the Chimmy relationship last if Clark never existed. I expected it to last - because Clark wasn't in the picture. But it did not. However I should not expect continuity from this show because look how that turned out. Chloe and Jimmy had a blurred screen between them - they saw each other but didn't actually see each other. I still believe Chloe was loyal to Jimmy but even if there was love it wasn't the kind of love I would expect if people want a honest relationship with each other.

That's all I'm going to say on this topic here. Goodday Humera

Comment

My question is what does Chimmy have to do with if Davis loved Chloe or not? If it is a "Saving her from an evil abusive relationship" argument wouldn't he have to know that about them? Which ummm... he knew nothing about them accept that Chloe was engaged to him and said he waited for her. SO Chimmy, dysfunctional or the greatest relationship ever, has nothing to do with the argument the only side we can look at is what Davis knew and look at what he choose to do with that on deciding if he really had feelings for Chloe or not. My point is as long as Jimmy wasn't an out of control serial killer who might kill Chloe, if Davis Loved her he should have backed off since he was an out of control serial killer who might kill her. Acting out on his feelings, love or lust, was a threat directly to her life and if you love some one you would rather see them with someone else even if it burns you to the core than threaten their life that way. Period. Fin.

"Twisted outer shell" Nice. Yep that little boy who was caged, experimented on and thrown on into the streets was a twisted outer shell. I'll think about that the next time I see orphans on the street and tell them that they are worth nothing.
      If those Orphans are killing peoples pet birds for kicks maybe they deserve worse then being out on the streets. No one had done anything to Davis and the first thing he did when left alone with a helpless creature was kill it. Davis not Doomsday. Twisted outer shell works for me.
      Last edited by borednow; 08-30-2010, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by borednow
        My question is what does Chimmy have to do with if Davis loved Chloe or not? If it is a "Saving her from an evil abusive relationship" argument wouldn't he have to know that about them? Which ummm... he knew nothing about them accept that Chloe was engaged to him and said he waited for her. SO Chimmy, dysfunctional or the greatest relationship ever, has nothing to do with the argument the only side we can look at is what Davis knew and look at what he choose to do with that on deciding if he really had feelings for Chloe or not. My point is as long as Jimmy wasn't an out of control serial killer who might kill Chloe, if Davis Loved her he should have backed off since he was an out of control serial killer who might kill her. Acting out on his feelings, love or lust, was a threat directly to her life and if you love some one you would rather see them with someone else even if it burns you to the core than threaten their life that way. Period. Fin.

If those Orphans are killing peoples pet birds for kicks maybe they deserve worse then being out on the streets. No one had done anything to Davis and the first thing he did when left alone with a helpless creature was kill it. Davis not Doomsday. Twisted outer shell works for me.

Word! Who said I thought Chimmy was some epic romance? I hated Chimmy because it was obvious CHloe was just using him, who gave her the right to destroy Jimmy's life by "settling for him?" Every time Jimmy tried to back off and leave her, she suckered him back in again, poor guy.

Just the fact that she agreed to marry him, KNOWING that shje could never tell him Clark's secret, and would constantly put him second as she had always done, infuriates me.

I cheered loudly when Jimmy finally came to his senses and realized that Chloe had never loved him and would never put him before Clark and even Davis, and screamed with joy when he finally kicked her to the curb.

It was too late for him, though!

Chloe clearly had the hots for Davis, and the only reason she tasered Jimmy, was to protect David. Poor David, such a nice guy, that he destroyed Jimmy's reputation and made ppl doubt his sanity, all to protect himself from being outed as a serial killer.

If he had loved Chloe so much, he would'nt have deliberately set Jimmy up and made her doubt and mistrust her injured husband. As usual, though, he put himself first and chose to protect himself at Jimmy's expense, a guy who had never done him any harm.

Remb, this is was before he even know that CHloe could calm the beat in him.

You know what makes everything worse for me? Chloe eventually found out that Jimmy was 100% right and Davis was 100% a monster and serial killer. Yet, we didn't hear one single word from her abt how wrong she was not to believe in Jimmy, we didn't hear one single word of apology from her to Jimmy right till the end.

Instead, after everything she had done to him, after destroying his life, Jimmy was forced to apologize to her and tell her she was a hero, before he gave up his life for her and her serial killer boyfriend. What kind of justice is that?

In the end, CHloe becomes a martyr by lying and saying that she'd done everything for Clark, and that she still loved Jimmy . Right till the end, she kept lying to JImmy's face and suckered him in for one last hurrah.

Comment

^ITA but to be honest Chloe always put everyone including her only close family aside for Clark. She was so intent on being in his "other life" so much she neglected everything else around her. Jimmy was the fall back guy she knew he would be so she didn't have to worry about her being alone, Davis was the hawt guy she always wanted in Clark but actually wanted her too for a change. It was what Chloe is really attracted to bad boys. She gets to play hero with him to lift herself to the hero status she so craved after watching Clark ail these years.(One of the reason i loathe Chlark because all they did was use one another. There was no real substance imo other then to help each other get ahead. Season 9 really showed it when their friendship was hanging by a thread thanks to Clark's other life. It tore then apart as it did chimmy because she puts that above all things else including Clark and t's his life because she feels she has a purpose.) Davis totally wanted Chloe. she was kind to him and accepted and condoned his need to kill. im not saying Jimmy did not have his faults. Whining when you cant have your way is a turn off as is leaving in the middle of a relationship for a job that did not get you on your feet, nor dating her best friend cuz was cool either. But what makes Jimmy different is that when he put his mind to it he wanted to change and fight for them but the battle was always pointless.
          Last edited by doodie8808; 08-31-2010, 09:07 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure what Chloe and her motivations have to do with this argument either... Chloe could have been in over the moon for Davis or think he was an insect and that really wouldn't have merit in evaluating if Davis really loved Chloe or not...

Comment

Originally posted by AChloeChick
              I think it's safe to say Davis was madly in love with Chloe and the "programming" had nothing to do with it. Sure, it was the programming which brought them together, but it was sheer love and attraction that caused him to fall in love with her.
              I do agree with that ACC, Sally.. et al.. he really did "fancy" her as the OP asked. Won't deny that.

Originally posted by MarvelXY
              No he was the Monster,....he wanted easy prey.
              Don't think he ever considered Chloe prey, she was the exception IMO.

Originally posted by humera
              If it was love, it was a very selfish love, because he always put his own feelings and well being above Chloe's. He knew he was Doomsday, he knew he was immortal, but he was perfectly willing to let Chloe give up her whole life, her friends, everyone she loved, for his own selfish reasons, because he wanted to use her to tame the monster inside him when murdering helpless ppl was no longer working... He didn't try even once to dissuade her from spending the rest of her life chained to his hip, unable to go more than 10 feet from him. What exactly was he planning to do abt the beast once Chloe was no longer there to control it (and I would love to ask Chloe the same question as well.)
              Can't quibble with much of what you wrote in your posts Humera, but will single this out. I've a ton of questions for Chloe version S8.. but will stop at character assassination , move on. I'll say that I did not like Davis' version of "love" for her, and the bold is why.

Originally posted by Zizi
              Never once did Davis force Chloe to be with him. So I reject the claim that there was any coercion whatsover. Chloe was a grown woman and she could have gone to Clark right away and tell him the truth. But she did not. She CHOSE to hid him. Even after the dream, she still chose to save him.
              IDK about that Zizi. Whichever episode it was that Chloe locked herself in that basement, it was the line from Davis.. about not killing Clark if he's with her. That IMO was coercion. He knew what button to push: Clark. As to Chloe not turning to Clark, even after the dream.. goes back to her wanting to keep them apart at all costs, in order to protect Clark. Telling Clark that Davis was hiding in the basement would have forced a confrontation with Clark/The Beast she wanted to avoid. YMMV.

I'm not sure what Chloe and her motivations have to do with this argument either... Chloe could have been in over the moon for Davis or think he was an insect and that really wouldn't have merit in evaluating if Davis really loved Chloe or not...
              ITA.. just can't help but wonder, it was all so over the place IMO. I'll add a ditto Jimmy or Clark or the other relationships; doesn't matter. The question, on Davis' feelings, asked and answered. Whether I like it or not, yes his feelings were more than the sum of DD "programming." *shrugs*

Comment

Yes, Davis fancied Chloe. I have no doubt that he loved her too. The Brainiac programming may have drawn him to her initially, giving their first meeting that electric charge. But after that his feelings for her developed from an appreciation of Chloe’s finer qualities---her compassion, intelligence, absolute commitment to whatever cause she embraces, her devotion to her friends, her inquisitiveness---as well as her all too human flaws. He must have seen her as a soul mate, another damaged soul with a lot of confusion and pain in their life, trying to make sense of it all and striving to be the best person they could be. He offered a caring shoulder while Chloe shared concerns and fears with him that she withheld from both Jimmy and Clark. In turn, Davis was quite open, vulnerable and trusting with Chloe prior to his imprisonment in the chrysalis by Chloiac.

Was his love selfish? I don’t think so. As late as “Eternal” he tried NOT to pull Chloe into his struggle to contain Doomsday with her touch or to usurp her life completely. He could have told her about her DD-suppressing effect prior to the Krypto cage death, but he chose not to lay that additional burden and guilt trip on her. It was only after the cage death failed, ending his last hope of destroying the killer within, that he asked Chloe to stay with him. When Davis says he is immortal, there is no triumph in that statement, no villainous relish. Instead he says it quietly, simply, almost with resignation.

I can understand that some see Davis blurting out, “I won’t kill Clark if I’m with you,” as coercive since it does tap into Chloe’s commitment to protect Clark at all cost. But from Davis’s perspective he had little choice. She was walking away to warn Clark of his return, believing there was nothing that would prevent DD from wresting control from Davis and killing Clark. While the choice of words seem manipulative, he had to stop her long enough to listen to his last option. As far as he knew (or Chloe and Clark for that matter), if DD emerged he WOULD kill Clark. Thus he was compelled to ask the woman he loved to stay with him.

Was he obsessed with Chloe in a stalkery boyfriend way? No, I don’t think so. Though I can believe he became desperately invested in his belief that Chloe held his only key to salvation.

Sadly, they were all pawns of Zod’s manipulations.

Comment

Originally posted by JennyFaye
                  Yes, Davis fancied Chloe. I have no doubt that he loved her too. The Brainiac programming may have drawn him to her initially, giving their first meeting that electric charge. But after that his feelings for her developed from an appreciation of Chloe’s finer qualities---her compassion, intelligence, absolute commitment to whatever cause she embraces, her devotion to her friends, her inquisitiveness---as well as her all too human flaws. He must have seen her as a soul mate, another damaged soul with a lot of confusion and pain in their life, trying to make sense of it all and striving to be the best person they could be. He offered a caring shoulder while Chloe shared concerns and fears with him that she withheld from both Jimmy and Clark. In turn, Davis was quite open, vulnerable and trusting with Chloe prior to his imprisonment in the chrysalis by Chloiac.

Was his love selfish? I don’t think so. As late as “Eternal” he tried NOT to pull Chloe into his struggle to contain Doomsday with her touch or to usurp her life completely. He could have told her about her DD-suppressing effect prior to the Krypto cage death, but he chose not to lay that additional burden and guilt trip on her. It was only after the cage death failed, ending his last hope of destroying the killer within, that he asked Chloe to stay with him. When Davis says he is immortal, there is no triumph in that statement, no villainous relish. Instead he says it quietly, simply, almost with resignation.

I can understand that some see Davis blurting out, “I won’t kill Clark if I’m with you,” as coercive since it does tap into Chloe’s commitment to protect Clark at all cost. But from Davis’s perspective he had little choice. She was walking away to warn Clark of his return, believing there was nothing that would prevent DD from wresting control from Davis and killing Clark. While the choice of words seem manipulative, he had to stop her long enough to listen to his last option. As far as he knew (or Chloe and Clark for that matter), if DD emerged he WOULD kill Clark. Thus he was compelled to ask the woman he loved to stay with him.

Was he obsessed with Chloe in a stalkery boyfriend way? No, I don’t think so. Though I can believe he became desperately invested in his belief that Chloe held his only key to salvation.

Sadly, they were all pawns of Zod’s manipulations.
                  It's just hard for me to ascribe all these selfless and nobles motives to Davis' love when I remb a few things:

1) He kept calling her on the day of her wedding, trying to stop her from marrying Jimmy, when he was covered in blood and disposing of bloody bodies. What exactly made him think that he was a better prospect than Jimmy for at that point?

2)He destroyed the reputation of Chloe's sick husband who he was personally responsible for putting in the hospital, he made her doubt his sanity, all to save his own skin.

3)He refused to go to the PZ because he didn't want to be without CHloe. If his love for her had been noble and selfless, he would have chosen to give her her life back and voluntarily gone into exile.

4) He encouraged Chloe to give her whole life, friends, ppl she loved, up, and elope with him so she could spend the rest of her life calming the beast inside him.

5) He knew that her effect on him was weakening, he knew she wouldn't be able to go more than 10 feet for him, he knew she would have to spend the rest of her life chained to his side. He knew he was immortal, would outlive her, and then go on killing after she was gone. Yet, he didn't try even once to dissuade her from eloping with him.

IMO, his love for her was very stalkerish.
                  Last edited by humera; 09-09-2010, 01:01 AM.

Comment

I always saw it as the opposite. Chloe's supposed "attraction" was miscontrued because of being Chloiac (influenced by Brainiac). And they were drawn, and found each other, because Chloe was taking over by Brainiac.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkingchicken
                      I do agree with that ACC, Sally.. et al.. he really did "fancy" her as the OP asked. Won't deny that.

Don't think he ever considered Chloe prey, she was the exception IMO.

Can't quibble with much of what you wrote in your posts Humera, but will single this out. I've a ton of questions for Chloe version S8.. but will stop at character assassination , move on. I'll say that I did not like Davis' version of "love" for her, and the bold is why.

IDK about that Zizi. Whichever episode it was that Chloe locked herself in that basement, it was the line from Davis.. about not killing Clark if he's with her. That IMO was coercion. He knew what button to push: Clark. As to Chloe not turning to Clark, even after the dream.. goes back to her wanting to keep them apart at all costs, in order to protect Clark. Telling Clark that Davis was hiding in the basement would have forced a confrontation with Clark/The Beast she wanted to avoid. YMMV.

ITA.. just can't help but wonder, it was all so over the place IMO. I'll add a ditto Jimmy or Clark or the other relationships; doesn't matter. The question, on Davis' feelings, asked and answered. Whether I like it or not, yes his feelings were more than the sum of DD "programming." *shrugs*
                      I'm glad you understand what I'm trying to say. Her feelings have no bearing on this question. I personally never saw CHimmy as some epic love, it was completely dysfunctional from the start, and IMO CHloe never saw him as anything but a backup for Clark. She may have thought she loved him, but she never, in the 3 yrs she knew him, ever once put him first or showed him a modicum of the loyalty she gave to Clark or even Davis. It was also so wrong of her to say yes to his proposal, when he tried to back off in Odyssey, she should've let him.

Comment

It's just hard for me to ascribe all these selfless and nobles motives to Davis' love when I remb a few things:

1) He kept calling her on the day of her wedding, trying to stop her from marrying Jimmy, when he was covered in blood and disposing of bloody bodies. What exactly made him think that he was a better prospect than Jimmy for at that point?

2)He destroyed the reputation of Chloe's sick husband who he was personally responsible for putting in the hospital, he made her doubt his sanity, all to save his own skin.

3)He refused to go to the PZ because he didn't want to be without CHloe. If his love for her had been noble and selfless, he would have chosen to give her her life back and voluntarily gone into exile.

4) He encouraged Chloe to give her whole life, friends, ppl she loved, up, and elope with him so she could spend the rest of her life calming the beast inside him.

5) He knew that her effect on him was weakening, he knew she wouldn't be able to go more than 10 feet for him, he knew she would have to spend the rest of her life chained to his side. He knew he was immortal, would outlive her, and then go on killing after she was gone. Yet, he didn't try even once to dissuade her from eloping with him.

IMO, his love for her was very stalkerish.
                        It's actually worse than that... convincing her Jimmy was insane wasn't to save his own hid, if he wanted to save his own hid he should have just avoided Jimmy and Chloe after that... I mean a reasonable person wouldn't want to hang around someone accusing them of murder right? Instead it seems it was intentionally to break up Chloe and Jimmy. He could have left and let her be happy or unhappy in her choice of life partners who wasn't an uncontrollable killer and that certainly would have made more sense for someone in love since you know love usually comes with not wanting to murder that person in a moment of turning into a giant spiked monster. His "love" for her was beyond stalkerish. It was obsession not love. Love you will willingly make sacrifices for a person, obsession you make them do all the sacrificing.

Comment

It was also so wrong of her to say yes to his proposal, when he tried to back off in Odyssey, she should've let him.
                          One of the reasons it was so wrong is because she had a brainiac infection that could affect both their lives and Jimmy should have been warned about it before proceeding with the wedding. It's like knowing you have cancer and not telling your fiancée before getting married. That is something that your future partner in life should know before making their vows.

Back to the topic, Davis had no free will, he was the pretty face of a genetically engeneered monster without a single human cell in his body. Maybe he thought himself in love with Chloe, but certainly his love for her wasn't of the healthy kind. If he truly loved her, he would have let her go. But, again, I don't thing lab experiments can have true feelings.

Comment

Love you will willingly make sacrifices for a person, obsession you make them do all the sacrificing.
                            Wow, that's pretty insightful and IMO describes Davis' feelings perfectly!

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
                              If he truly loved her, he would have let her go. But, again, I don't thing lab experiments can have true feelings.
                              Agreed to the first part, though I disagree with the second. You could clone a person, making them a lab experiment, and they would probably grow up like a normal human child having just the same amount of emotions as any others... I even think Davis had real feelings, self-pity is a feeling. Of course that's just about as far as he got on the emotional scale. However he did seem incapable of real empathy, so his emotions were pretty shallow.

Wow, that's pretty insightful and IMO describes Davis' feelings perfectly!
                              thanks. It's something I kinda worked out for myself since I have shipped some highly obsessive type loves in my time, but what I found that they, the obsessive one, always had in common was a willingness to give up what they wanted for the benefit of the person they loved. That's what elevates them and makes it beautiful love worthy of shipping rather than a twisted obsession. Davis had tons of chances to make choices that would have respected and shown real concern for her well being yet he never once took them rather he always took the choices that would bring her closer to him no matter what the cost to her. IMNHO that's not love.
                              Last edited by borednow; 09-17-2010, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
                                One of the reasons it was so wrong is because she had a brainiac infection that could affect both their lives and Jimmy should have been warned about it before proceeding with the wedding. It's like knowing you have cancer and not telling your fiancée before getting married. That is something that your future partner in life should know before making their vows.

Wow, another spot-on assessment! My poor Jimmy!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎