Collapse
No announcement yet.

Veronica Mars Movie not picked up...:(

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've pretty much accepted it won't and I shall remain disappointed. VM was a great show..it should have gotten more. We should have a movie .. if only should made it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by FWvidchick
      I've pretty much accepted it won't and I shall remain disappointed. VM was a great show..it should have gotten more. We should have a movie .. if only should made it happen.
      It had a great run. Short, but great. I've accepted the fact as well that it's over for VM in a aired media format, so I'll have to be content keeping the show alive via the DVDs

Comment

If Rob Thomas and Kristen Bell want to do it and Kristen Bell thinks she can get the financing I cant understand why Warner or whoever owns the rights is against it. Where is their risk? Are they afraid the value of the show could be damaged?

Comment

I was too busy to watch VM on TV at the time. But after watching it on DVD recently. It was sad that it was only three seasons worth. I was hooked to the show. A movie format could do well to cover a season mystery and even maybe more better than a Nancy Drew Movie. Give it more sassiness and rough fights as well as looking for a psycho serial killer Veronica Mars can deliver more than Nancy Drew teen detective but remain adult horror slasher enough to be like a scream movie. Can it be entertaining enough? Yes. Can it be thrilling enough? Yes. Can it be do well in the theater? Can't see it wouldn't work out. Even Nancy Drew did well enough on a $20 million budget. Grossing $30,666,930 in revenues. VM can do better because she is hardcore enough. Groundbreaking stuff can happen to VM, like her first shooting of a gun. Getting lessons on martial arts from a new lover. A new long term plot with the Kanes. Keith Mars wife returns. New hardcore stuff to start fleshing her out and boarding her skills. And have a main plot of a serial killer on a rampage in the SoCal area targeting students.

I really can't see why VM movie can't work out unless it was not hardcore enough.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎