No announcement yet.

Jimmy Olsen Tribute Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Olsen Tribute Thread

Not sure if there is already a thread for this but I didn't see one. If their is, my apologies and mods can delete this one if they please.

I thought that we needed a thread to appreciate Jimmy Olsen for the years that he was with us. You can comment on aaron ashmores portrayal of Jimmy or comment on the actual character himself. I'll start us off.

Jimmy Olsen was truly a great person. He always looked on the bright side of things and kept a positive attitude. His smile was contagious. He was an excellent photographer of the Daily Planet. He certainly did not deserve the death he got, but he went out as a hero. And that's what we'll always remember him as. Rest In Peace Jimmy Olsen.

On the note of Aaron Ashmores portrayal - He played one of the best Jimmy's I have ever seen. I couldn't think of anyone else they could have gotten to play a better part.

First off, I was really thankful that TPTB gave Smallville someone I could call my hero who represented guys like Jimmy Olsen and myself, and not to mention he got to date both Chloe and Supergirl, got to make out with Maxima, and marry Chloe! He was an average joe who showed he could run with the pack. He did not deserve to die like he did in Doomsday, and in fact he did not deserve to die at all. His death was perhaps IMO one of the biggest reasons why DOOMSDAY failed.

Aaron Ashmore did a brilliant job bringing Olsen to life on the series.

Comment

I love Jimmy, and I'm really going to miss him. It seemed like he always got bashed, until the very end. But he will surely be missed.

Comment

I think that Jimmy Olsen was to Smallville Seasons 6-8 as Pete Ross was to Seasons 1-3. He was an interesting character, he had his fun moments, but he came across as annoying most of the time(Although, Jimmy was a lot more fun than Pete). The problem with Jimmy in Smallville is that short of comic relief, there wasn't much for him to do. The only real Jimmy-centric episode, "Sleeper" was one of the worst episodes ever. There were moments in Smallville where Jimmy really shined, but the rest of the time, his presence just fueled the angst-ridden Chimmy monster, the bane of seasons 7 & 8. All in all, I will fondly remember Jimmy's best moments on the show, but I'm not going to miss him terribly. R.I.P., "Henry James Olsen". Best of luck to Aaron Ashmore.

Comment

I loved Jimmy. He was a bit annoying but it was more endearing to me than anything else. I chose early on to root for him because he was so excited about Journalism, something that I felt had been missing from the show for a while, AND because he had great taste in women. Hee! I didn't expect to fall as hard in love with Jimmy as I did but... I don't regret a minute of hoping that things would turn out for the best all around.

I honestly think the best was yet to come for AA as Jimmy. We only got a few tantalizing tidbits of what a friendship between AA's Jimmy and Clark Kent could be and they were YUMMY! If there's anything I'm sad about, it's like tptb didn't have the guts to have an older Jimmy and show his developing friendship with Clark OR develop an original character in Season 6 to be Chloe's love interest. Either way, I love AA's Jimmy. He brought a lot of wonderful things to the character of Jimmy Olsen.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Lovely Tribute Vid

Breathing Space
            MShaharo, Jimmy, Olsen, Smallville, Chloe, Chimmy, Clark, Lois, Doomsday, funeral, death, clips, scenes, SV

Comment

that vid seriously made me want to cry

~K

Comment

ohhh that's so sad!

Oh Ginnyfan you should post those pics you found of the Jimmy window!

Comment

Oh I should... I'm too sleepy but I will!

Comment

I while ago I discovered that Jimmy Olsen has a stained glass window in "Bride." It's when he's going up the stairs to the Talon. Right before he walks in on an undressed Chloe.

Jimmy Olsen and ...

Stained Glass Window! <3

Jimmy shields Chloe from the Beast!

Jimmy takes hold of his "sword"

Jimmy attacks the Beast!

So cool.

Comment

Ohhh! I miss Jimmy so much!

Comment

I consider the Nick Spencer comic to be a tribute to Jimmy Olsen in General so I'll post a couple of highlights here.

I got a buzz off this one! KAPOW!!!

Last edited by ginnyfan; 04-04-2011, 04:26 PM. Reason: Yay Co-Superman!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ginnyfan
                          I consider the Nick Spencer comic to be a tribute to Jimmy Olsen in General so I'll post a couple of highlights here.

I got a buzz off this one! KAPOW!!!

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...Newlywed03.jpg
                          That's how you do it not impaling the poor guy. And interesting note he seems to also be a Batman fan.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎