"God has left the building."

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "God has left the building."

What did Zachariah mean by this?

I'm curious like Dean was.. what IS God's plan during all of this? What did Zachariah mean that God left the building? He's out of the picture? Or what?

I think he means what we knew from Cas, only a few angels have seen God, he has grown so apart of them that his orders are lost in the way and the angels have control on plans...

Or maybe they have taken over heaven like a coup... either way im confused because we all know God as an all powerful entity and its not clear his image for this show...

Maybe, in the new fashion of spn titles, "God has left the building" can be the title for the S5 premiere...
    Last edited by jedi_superman; 05-14-2009, 11:14 PM.

Comment

I think Cas, Dean & some archangels next season will be doing some restoring of the order in Heaven by straightening out the angels who are clearly misguided.

Comment

i know this sounds strange. but what if he literally meant that god has left the building. meaning that god isn't to be found anywhere in heaven. he's gone missing. also what if cas isn't cas. i know that cas left his host's body when he was forced away. but what if cas didn't come back. what if god is actually in cas's old body and we just don't know it. cas has acted differently since he supposedly returned.

Comment

Cas is Cas, especially after he helped Dean. They certainly spooked him after he was punished for being on Dean's side too much.

Season 5 seems to be getting set up with the angels & demons on opposite sides & Dean (maybe Sam too) caught in the middle. For most of this season it felt like the angels were on Dean's side, but it's clear that except for Anna & Cas, the rest of the angels are making their own rules.

God can't be gone since technically he's infinite & Heaven is his domain. I think the angels are straying too far away and there will be a price to be paid for that.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
            God can't be gone since technically he's infinite & Heaven is his domain. I think the angels are straying too far away and there will be a price to be paid for that.
            The fictional God in the show could be totally different than the God of the real world. The Supernatural tv show world is alot different.

Comment

Originally posted by jedi_superman
              I think he means what we knew from Cas, only a few angels have seen God, he has grown so apart of them that his orders are lost in the way and the angels have control on plans...

Or maybe they have taken over heaven like a coup... either way im confused because we all know God as an all powerful entity and its not clear his image for this show...

Maybe, in the new fashion of spn titles, "God has left the building" can be the title for the S5 premiere...
              I think that it's both sides, the angels and demons both, who have lost faith so to speak in their 'leaders' from what I gathered, hardly any of the demons have seen Lucifer and hardly and angels have see God so they are floundering about. And some of them got the idea for this coo so they could either 1)take over and start again or 2)renew faith in their ranks by showing the face of the leader.

From how I'm taking this is that God is kinda a hands off approach while Lucifer has been a bit proactive. 'God Has Left the Building' to me could mean that either he is unaware of what is going on or he doesn't really know what's going on because he's depending on his 'eyes and ears' the angels to assist. Although most people have always thought of God as 'all knowing' so it leaves me with a question mark too lol......

The way the terminology is being carried out in the season though, reminds me of a story of Heaven and Hell being 'companies' and the angels/demons 'managers, employees' so to speak. So upper management could be a higher angel or demon while the CEO (God) is busy elsewhere and Lucifer (also a CEO) is trying to do a hostile take-over lol.....

Comment

God is on vacation.

Comment

He left the Angels to test their faith, the less influence he has on the universe the easier it is for God to test them.

Even the arcangels must be judged, surely Lucifer is proof of that.

Comment

god is out playing skee-ball. ha...god. just purely an awesome show

Comment

Originally posted by luthoratemybaby
                      god is out playing skee-ball. ha...god. just purely an awesome show
                      hahahaahaha......Dogma was a good movie

Comment

I believe this is all of God's plan to see how far would his subjects go for him. Lucifer rising is a test. God could easily stop this but he loves to test his subjects, subjects being us and his angels. Who's man enuff to sit next to God type of stuff. Pretty interesting. I actually just started watching Season4. Can't wait for 5. I'm gonna go back and watch all the others leading up to 4. I know. I suck!!!!

Comment

I guess time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎