Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dollhouse #1.12 "Omega"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps Paul is being imprinted with the skills of a new contractor, hence "I'm nobody?"

And does this mean that Miracle will be returning for a potential season two?

I wish Sierra had more to do in this episode, shes brilliant.

Interesting to see a bit of a softer side to Adelle.

And it's interesting that Topher imprinted Claire with the parameter to hate him. Guilt?

Comment

I like when echo touch topher look like they going to kiss there. i through ballard like echo.

Comment

That whole last scene was just beautifully put together, with Whiskey, Topher, Ballard and Echo all sort of having their little acceptance moments. Whiskey's lollipop was my favourite. Did she remember that from her doll days? Or was it just a nice gesture?

What is Ballard going to be like though. He seems to have gone quite quickly from judgmental morally white man, into the gray morality of the Dollhouse... will he have a hidden agenda to bring down the Dollhouse... will he still keep trying to find out what the Dollhouse's real purpose is?

We won't know any of this unless we get another season (though I suppose Epitaph One may cover it)

Comment

I didn't take Paul's "I'm nobody" line was him being a doll, at ALL... I mean, he didn't want to tell November who he was because he had feelings for her. He wanted her to have a completely different life. I am pretty sure he will be Echo's handler next season (if there is a next season).

I was shocked to learn that Saunders was a doll! Way to go, Joss. You got me on that one. I loved this twist. It was amazing. And I really enjoyed the whole Echo talking to Caroline thing. Talk about some deep stuff. It was basically her body talking to her soul! Wow. That whole scene is still racking my brain. I loved it.

I think Paul will do what he has to to protect Echo/Caroline but once Alpha is taken care of I imagine he will cut lose and expose the Dollhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by CallMeClark
            I didn't take Paul's "I'm nobody" line was him being a doll, at ALL... I mean, he didn't want to tell November who he was because he had feelings for her. He wanted her to have a completely different life. I am pretty sure he will be Echo's handler next season (if there is a next season).

I was shocked to learn that Saunders was a doll! Way to go, Joss. You got me on that one. I loved this twist. It was amazing. And I really enjoyed the whole Echo talking to Caroline thing. Talk about some deep stuff. It was basically her body talking to her soul! Wow. That whole scene is still racking my brain. I loved it.

I think Paul will do what he has to to protect Echo/Caroline but once Alpha is taken care of I imagine he will cut lose and expose the Dollhouse.
            I agree with most of what you said, especially why Ballard said what he did and the Echo handler speculation. Although, I think in the back of my mind, I suspected that Saunders might be a doll. There was definitely something up with her from the start.

Comment

It was a good season finale. Hopefully not a series finale. Still many questions unanswered, such as who in the Dollhouse contacted Ballard?

Comment

Originally posted by Who
                It was a good season finale. Hopefully not a series finale. Still many questions unanswered, such as who in the Dollhouse contacted Ballard?
                I am pretty sure that Alpha has been playing him the whole time. I think he just needed the right situation to manipulate Ballard into how he wanted things to play out. Although an exact conclusion on this matter has never been clearly addressed. People are confused if it was Dominic or Alpha. Alpha seems like the illogical choice since this seems like the first time he broke in? Or just the first time he was able to do what he did, with Ballard as a distraction.
                Last edited by CallMeClark; 05-10-2009, 06:07 PM.

Comment

That was a fantastic episode of Dollhouse, The best so far...
                  I didn't see that coming with Dr. Saunders being a doll and the top doll at that...
                  I hope this comes back next season can't wait to see what happens next...

Comment

This episode was much better than i thought it would be. I don't know why but I went into it with not very high expectations so I was pleasantly surprised.

I liked how Echo/Caroline saved herself (rather than having the "prince" save her, very nice).

The reveal on Whiskey was well done (Dr. Saunders was a man? Interesting that they gave us proof that you can imprint one gender into another.).

Saunders scenes with Victor (wah! Only 1 Victor scene! But what a doozy it was!) was amazing. What now happens to Victor, i wonder? There's been speculation that he will be taken out of rotation and given an imprint much like Whiskey being turned into Saunders (perhaps security or a handler?).

And Ballard working for the Dollhouse? That's a big switch. Going from wanting to free them all and save them and bring down the Dollhouse to working for them? Very Angel...
                    And no I didn't take that to mean that he was a Doll, merely that he's working for them. He and Boyd do work well together, don't they? (BTW, what will Ballard say when he sees Victor next, with the cuts? Hey, there's an idea. Victor could work with Ballard!)

a very good episode that I can only hope was not a series ender!

Comment

Originally posted by CallMeClark
                      I am pretty sure that Alpha has been playing him the whole time. I think he just needed the right situation to manipulate Ballard into how he wanted things to play out. Although an exact conclusion on this matter has never been clearly addressed. People are confused if it was Dominic or Alpha. Alpha seems like the illogical choice since this seems like the first time he broke in? Or just the first time he was able to do what he did, with Ballard as a distraction.
                      I don't think its so illogical to think it's Alpha. Remember when Echo was remote wiped? Alpha might have done the same thing (assuming Alpha was responsible for the remote wipe). So he may have remote reprogrammed Echo and November to serve his purposes. He is certainly bright enough to do it.

Comment

I love Amy Acker. Good choice on Joss's part to have her in. I hope she becomes a season regular. I like the fact that she was a Doll--I knew she'd have a good back story but wasn't 100% sure she'd be a Doll. If this show stays on the air I expect more goodies on her history. And I loved her line at the end to Topher, "I know who I am." That was awesome. And, did anyone notice the weirdness with her and Topher? She asked him why he imprinted her to hate him so much. That was interesting to me.

Comment

Ok, I finally catched up and wow the episode was great. The best one in the whole season imo
                          It sucks that they gave it only 12 episodes btw but well...this finale is the best one I have seen of all my favs shows so far.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by j-peezy
                          And I loved her line at the end to Topher, "I know who I am." That was awesome. And, did anyone notice the weirdness with her and Topher? She asked him why he imprinted her to hate him so much. That was interesting to me.

Exactly. That was what let me thinking the most. Maybe they were a couple before the Dollhouse and/or he's in love with her and he did it to keep her away from him? Though if didn't see to me that he like her that way but well, who knows
                          Last edited by Novak Fan; 05-16-2009, 12:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

OMEGA

The good;
                            Got to say I didn't see the Whiskey twist (is that a drink?) coming at all. Utterly brilliant, this storyline lifts the series up and helps it go off on a high. Such a dumb gag but it always makes me laugh out loud when Alpha 'watches his step'.

The bad;
                            How stupid must the Dollhouse be to use criminals as Dolls? Although wouldn't it be wonderful if we could reprogramme paedophiles and psychopaths so they were no longer either?

Best line;

Packing heat; both Boyd and Ballard (the latter switching to a Colt 45 for some reason) plus November and Sierra
                            Echo;6
                            Boyd; 8
                            Dominic; 8
                            Sierra; 4
                            Victor; 2
                            Ballard; 9
                            November; 1

Echo kissage;2

Kinky dinky;
                            Lovely though she is I never really thought of Amy Acker as turn-your-head-gorgeous in the same way as Eliza Dushku, Charisma Carpenter, Sarah Michelle Gellar, (they tried to make her into AI's glamourpuss in season 5 but it didn't really work which is why we got more Mercedes McNab as Harmony who IS turn your head gorgeous),but here she is a revelation, I was firmly convinced that it was Eliza doing the slinky dance to Roy Orbison's dreams but WOW! Also Echo's push up bra and Daisy Duke denim short-shorts as part of her white trash princess look. Bounty hunter Sierra seems to have an instant attraction for Ballard.

Notches on the Dollhouse bedpost;
                            Echo; 3 definite, 1 possible
                            November; 1
                            Ballard; 1
                            Victor; 1
                            Adele; 1
                            Sierra 1 possible
                            Topher; 1 possible

How'd they get away with that?
                            Killing the girl implanted with Caroline's memories is hideous. Alpha's idea of kidnapping a string of girls, implanting them with Carolines' memories and then killing her over and over again is too horrifying for words. Meeting 'Alpha's' first victim is also very disturbing but not half as much as his bloody rampage in the Dollhouse, especially how he kills his handler. He also refers to Crystal being a 'woman at 13'.

This weeks fantasy;
                            Sierra and November are bounty hunters, Echo is Crystal and her composite personalities

Total number personalitites;
                            Echo; 21
                            Sierra; 10
                            Victor; 6
                            November; 3

Total dolls; add some Whiskey to the mix!
                            8-Echo, Sierra, November, Victor, Mike, Tango, Alpha, Whiskey

Addy is a bit British;

Topher is a bit geeky;
                            He refers to Solyent Green (Angel also a Charlton Heston fan)

Subverting the Hollywood cliche;

Bondage;
                            Sierra tied up; 1
                            Ballard; 1

Knocked out;
                            Echo; 2
                            November; 1
                            Sierra; 1
                            Victor; 1
                            Topher; 1

Kills; poor Wendy is killed by Alpha
                            Sierra; 2 kills
                            Echo; 1
                            November;1

Dolls injured;
                            Echo winged by Alpha's bullet.

Capt subtext;
                            We finally learn November's real name and she is released from her contract (love Adele's very genuine hug for her). I guess whatever was between her and Ballard was quite real for him to pick her over Caroline? The heartbreaking scene where Dr Saunders tells Victor he's broken and no one will want him any more hardly needs explaining (thankfully the lollipop scene makes up for it). Why did Topher programme Dr Saunders to hate him? Perhaps because of his own self-loathing? Or did the original Saunders already hate him?

Happy hookers

Know the face?
                            7 Whedon alumni-Mark Shepherd, Amy Acker, walking action figure, Eliza Dushku, Jim Piddock, Gregg Henry, Alan Tudyk

Guantanamo;

Fanfic;

Missing scenes;.
                            Very important, if you have the DVDs be sure to watch them to find out what happened to bounty hunters Sierra and November and how Alpha got away.

Reminds me off;
                            Echo/Crystal and Alpha/Bobby on the run are very Badlands/True Romance/Bonnie and Clyde. But above all they remind me of Spike and Dru whom Angel once described as "Bonnie and Clyde if they had 100 years to get it right" The idea of violent prisoners being 'cured' by brainwashing sounds a bit 'A Clockwork Orange'? Ponder the fact that this series has a character called Ballard (and indeed Dawn was reading 'Empire of the Sun' for school in the later seasons of Buffy). Alpha digs out the tracker on the back of Echo's neck much like Dark Angel. Caroline refers to Return of the Living dead as Xander did in Buffy. Topher talks of souls in jars which may be an Angel ref. Alpha's madness is similar to Glory whilst the way he kills his handler is reminiscent of Buffy killing Gnarl in season 7. The track 'Dreams' which Whiskey dances to is also used to good effect in Blue Velvet.

Breaking the programming;
                            Echo as a conglomerate of her personalities breaks away from Alpha's crackers plan, possibly because most of her imprints (Margaret from Haunted, the Dominatrix, Esther from True Believer etc) were good people mixed with her base personality of Caroline. By contrast most of Alpha's imprints were bad people mixed with his underlying personality of a psychopath.

Questions and observations;
                            Ballard's plan to get rid of the bomb squad is truly inspired. Interestingly despite the bad blood between them Tanaka doesn't arrest him. Great double bluff, we think that Caroline is being let go but actually it's November whose real name is Madeline Costly. More episodes like this and Dollhouse would be a far superior series to what it was.
                            Marks out of 10; 9/10 really good

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎