Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell kind of game is God playing?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell kind of game is God playing?

Or whoever it is that Castiel gets his orders from.

Letting Sam out when they know what he's gonna do with his freedom?! And then "arresting" Anna (or at least I assume that was what happened there - maybe they just did away with her)? I don't know who the SPN writers/PTB are making me dislike more right now... Sam+Ruby or Castiel's order-giver.

The only way I could see a redeemable consequence of all this is that Dean would never do what needed to be done unless Sam was out there, & Dean thinking he's in trouble. That is the only way I would accept what was done.

I don't think Castiel is getting his orders from God. Anna's refusal to join is a very telling sign. Last time she refused to join him, it was revealed that Uriel was working for the demons & someone else other than God was giving the orders.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
      I don't think Castiel is getting his orders from God. Anna's refusal to join is a very telling sign. Last time she refused to join him, it was revealed that Uriel was working for the demons & someone else other than God was giving the orders.
      I totally agree. The show really makes it seem like God doesn't directly give these angels orders. Makes you wonder if any of this is really what God wants, or if the "higher-up" angels or whoever are just doing what they want and manipulating everyone else.

Comment

The fact that Castiel busted Sam out tells me that he and whatever side he's truly working for has an endgame for Sam. Otherwise, if he really wanted Sam to stop what he's doing, he would have possessed Sam and cured his body of the demon's blood like we know he can do.

Castiel told Dean when he first appeared: "Stop him or we will".

Tonight proved that his statement to Dean was a lie. He could have stopped him or even killed him, but he freed him instead.

Comment

Unless they are expecting Dean to stop him...

Comment

I don't think Cas is getting his orders from God.

Comment

I think Castiel IS getting orders from God...

and I also think Dean is meant to stop Sam, after Sam kills Lilith, which I think is meant to happen.

Castiel told Dean he's meant to stop the Apocalypse, and not stop the Seals from being broken.

So it's all meant that the 66 Seals are broken, but Dean is destined to destroy the evil essence, which is Lucifer, and also Sam, who will kill Lilith. And if Dean doesn't kill Sam, and just goes after Lucifer(as his part of the endgame), then the angels will kill Sam, as what Castiel said in "In The Beginning".

And it's sad that Anna went bye-bye in this episode. Wonder if she shows up in "Lucifer Rising".
              Last edited by Call_Me_Ishmael; 05-07-2009, 10:56 PM.

Comment

There's no way Dean can destroy Lucifer. That happening would mean an end to all evil. The other demons would have no more purpose in life. Plus Dean would have to be an archangel to destroy Lucifer. Unless he will possess Sam and Dean must destroy Sam the moment he takes possession of him.

Comment

The angels keep saying that Dean is the only one who can stop the Apocalypse. If we take them at their word, then it's something that only Dean can do. So the Angels for some reason can't stop Sam.

When Ruby was giving her explanation on how the 66th seal will be broken, I thought she was telling a half truth. I think the human that Lucifer's agents are tempting is Sam. Once Sam completely gives in and maybe kills an innocent or some other event, that will break the 66th seal. Dean broke the first seal without meaning too and now his brother will break the last seal. Then I think Lucifer will possess him.

Comment

Originally posted by DruVamp
                    The angels keep saying that Dean is the only one who can stop the Apocalypse. If we take them at their word, then it's something that only Dean can do. So the Angels for some reason can't stop Sam.

When Ruby was giving her explanation on how the 66th seal will be broken, I thought she was telling a half truth. I think the human that Lucifer's agents are tempting is Sam. Once Sam completely gives in and maybe kills an innocent or some other event, that will break the 66th seal. Dean broke the first seal without meaning too and now his brother will break the last seal. Then I think Lucifer will possess him.

I agree with you...I think that Sam is going to break the 66th seal, and that Ruby manipulates him to get him to do it. What I'm worried about, is what Dean is going to have to do in order to "serve God." I'm wondering if he is supposed to sacrifice his brother in order to show his allegiance to God, and prevent the breaking of the seal. Seems like a biblical parallel. But he won't do it, and that's why Lucifer will rise? Just an idea, and not one that I love, but I'm just kind of thinking of where this could be going...

Comment

Something like that. My guess:
                      Dean is the only one who can stop demon Sam once he gets super strong--he does it by telling his bro a cheesy story about when they were kids to make him break down and cry instead of blowing up the planet.
                      I think God is giving strange orders because it's crunch time and the good guys need to force the demons to fumble. God lets Sam loose because He wants to set up a personal challenge with Satan: the brothers' strength of character VS. evil's temptations. One throw of the dice to decide all.

Comment

Originally posted by DruVamp

I think they can stop Sam, but stopping the last seal from being broken somehow depends on Dean being the one to stop Sam. Ruby is obviously lying about the last seal.

Comment

I think it's been made abundantly clear that God has very little to do with what's happening in the story, or, if he is doing something, it's in his cliched "mysterious ways" and not by giving anyone orders.

At Anna's introduction as an angel, she makes clear that only a scant handful of angels have ever even seen the Big Guy (or at least claim to). The others are supposed to take his existence on faith, and accept that their orders come from God because "where else would the orders come from?" The grunts in the field have no idea why they receive the orders they do, or even with whom the orders originate. The angels are being led by one or more of their higher-ups, but not God.

And anyway, even if He was the one giving the orders, it's futile to speculate on His motives. He may even want Lucifer freed for some reason. After all, The Guy presumably built the prison that holds him. Why make it able to be unlocked at all if He never wanted it opened? Is God a shoddy craftsman? I doubt it.

Comment

I just hope we get quite a few answers next week.

If not, the summer break between seasons is going to be absolute torture!

Comment

I just watched the season on dvd and not seeing any of the episodes when they originally aired and I gotta say it does seem that God in supernatural is being ignored by his angels who are freeing satan so dean can destroy him. That said its been told that God eventualy gets to the point wear there is so much evil that he lets humanity rip the world apart and then he and his followers come and clean it up. So maybe God has said enough is enough you want to live in an evil place(you lie cheat steal murder and commit unspeekable acts) I'll let you have lucifer and show you how bad it can truly get then I'll clean it up for you.
                              Last edited by krpto; 09-09-2009, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎