Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set Sam Free!
    Love the show...can't really wait to see the season finale...
    man, I love the "fight".

Comment

Fantastic episode. I have to say that I am pumped like no other for the finale next week. Sadly, I can't say the same for Smallville's finale after a crappy episode like Injustice. Now back to Supernatural. The episode was great from start to finish. You have to wonder if it was the withdrawl messing with Sam's mind, or an outside force. The fight between Sam/Dean was intense, and Sam being at the edge like that almost killing Dean was extremely suspenseful. The last line of "If you walk out that door, don't you ever come back" was just heartbreaking. They also managed to make Castiel's angle a bit more interesting making us question his motives.

Overall fantastic episode, and what a great set-up to the finale. That preview gave me chills. Especially with Sam's eyes going black. Sweet!

Comment

Too great. I cant even explain. 10+. I frekkin love this show. Great Storylines. Great acting. Everything's just great.

Comment

OHMYJENSEN! ok, lets see, holy crap, i cried. a whole bunch actually. umm, as soon as sam hit bobby, i bursted into tears. no joke. its just breaking my heart to see them fall apart like this, i agree with dean, if sam sam has to die, he should die HUMAN! why is cas such a jerk, i miss azazel.

Comment

Absolutely terrific! Can't wait till next week now!

Doomsday and Lucifer!

Comment

Originally posted by Clark_smallville4ever
              Ok i LOVED this episode and was one of the best of the season if not series
              BUT i gave it a 9 for one reason

was it me or was there to many wierd closeups?

i felt like every 2 seconds when argueing they were more then usually close to the face and it kinda bothered me

for ex: when they were in the room argueing before the fight the camera seemed alot closer than it ever was and it was driving me nuts

was this a different director? or am i just losing it bc it was like usual

for me it was amazing by this was a tiny flaw
              Yeah, i noticed that too. Their faces seemed a little too close, but maybe they did that on purpose

Comment

I wasn't impressed. I didn't like how Dean/Sammy were acting. Arg.

Comment

Where to start....?

First let me say that I heard hints that this was a tough episode to get through. That made me kinda put off wanting to watch it, and when I did sit down to see it last night I did so ready to wince.

That was what was so surprising. I actually found myself liking the whole 'Sam in the panic room' stuff (and for the first time ever? I liked teen!Sam. Though what was up with the hair?). It was nice to have a glimpse into Sam's psyche and see what his withdrawal was showing him.

Then he got out (and I have my own theories as to why Cas did that) and ran straight to Ruby. Dean found him (knew he would!) and I figured ok, here we go.

I STILL WANT TO KNOW WHY SAM THINKS DEAN IS WEAK?! I mean, that kinda came out of left field (a couple episodes ago, I know but still). We got hints when Sam was talking to "Mary" but it's never been explained to my satisfaction.

Sam asking Dean to trust him and Dean saying no? That sound is the sound of my heart breaking and also the sound of me mentally hauling off and smacking Dean for being a moron!!!

The actual fight--I was thinking 'ok, they need to punch each other for a while. That's ok, they are guys and they are Winchesters.' Then Sam started choking Dean and I was all "WTF?!" Where did that come from? (My heart sank that Sera would have Sam be that OOC in that moment.)

Then Dean's line, on the floor. "You walk out that door, don't you ever come back." As has been noted, that was basically what John told Sam. Course they (John and Sam) found their way back to each other in the end, so there is hope. But still....

OK, taking a brief break from all that--
                  Sam seeing Alastair in his hallucinations was interesting. But more interesting was how Alastair tortured Sam. Not only was Sam's body positioning a lot like when he was being bled by the ghouls in JTS but it also struck me as symbolic. Sam might have felt that he, too, needed to be tortured, as Dean was. A sharing of Dean's fate, if you will.

Jessica got mentioned again! yay! And interesting to note that Sam still feels guilty about that. But as he said way back in Bloody Mary, he doesn't blame Dean. Only himself for leaving her alone.

Teen!Sam's eyes going black and then yellow? Totally awesome.

Sam: "We were never going to be normal. We were never going to get away. Grow up." *heart breaks*

Mary. Mary is always good to see. I found it very interesting that Sam imagined Mary giving him her blessing, telling him that he is on the right path. And Mary admitting "Yes, our family is cursed."? That's obviously Sam's thinking. Sam has believed for a long time that he (and the whole family) are cursed. Nice to see that reflected through mary's eyes.

Dean and Cas. That Dean would ally himself, turn himself over to the Angels to keep Sam safe? Loved it! He sacrificed himself (again!) to save Sammy. I really don't understand why these angels and demons don't get that the brothers will literally do anything for the other. Dean pledges himself to God to keep Sam safe. Sam was drinking demon blood to keep Dean safe. They have both stated they would die for the other (and have!). Both sides are stupid (the angels and the demons). *facepalms*

OK, who else when Dean did his line about "they come on like shady politicians from planet Vulcan" wondered if that was thrown in there to chime with the release of the new Star Trek movie? *raises hand*

Sam's fit--very The Exorcist (I think, I've never actually seen that movie, just pieces). I thought his own powers were throwing him around, which was kinda true if it was the demon blood. And can someone tell me why Dean froze on the threshhold there? He's watching his brother get thrown around like a doll and he just freezes? WTH?

Getting back into it--Sam's hallucination of talking to Dean. I always knew Dean's "if I didn't know you, I'd want to hunt you" line would come back to bite him. Sam obviously believes that he is evil/tainted/a monster. But hearing it from Dean? The look on Sam's face was pure pain. To be renounced by the one person in all the world who means the most to him? That must have ripped poor Sammy's heart out! (I see why it was necessary though, in Sam's head. He would have felt like he had to cut all ties in order to truly go as dark as he needed to, to get himself ready to die to save Dean.)

And the escape. Loved the Sam vs. Bobby thing. When Bobby had the gun pressed up to Sam's chest I was reminded of a line from The Three Musketeers (the Keifer Sutherland version), where Rebecca De Mornay says "be kind. Aim for my heart." And the expression on Sam's face when he takes out Bobby? Such pain, anguish and regret! (seriously great acting there from Jared!)

OK, I honestly thought that Sam had stolen the Impala at first. It wasn't until Bobby said something later about his car that I realized he hadn't. A sweet little moment that he left Dean the car.

Who else cheered when Dean said "cause killin' her is the next big item on my to-do list" about Ruby? This too: "I am on call. In my car, on my way to murder the *****." I did. It's time for that woman to die!

Ruby and Sam. I don't understand why Sam couldn't summon her using the ritual from NRFTW? (or why he didn't at any point in the last few weeks.) And I still think she was dodging him on purpose....

And Ruby's "It's Sad. That things have gotten this bad between you two". God, I just wanted to slap her!!!

Then the almost!sex and the bloodletting as foreplay? Ew!

And Lilith eats babies? And she was the first human to be turned demon? Fits in with the story of Lilith. Nice research work from Sera and Kripke.

Sam's pain on the line" "I wish he trusted me" and "I hope, when all this is over, we can fix things."

Then Dean's appearance and finally Dean vs. Ruby! "She's poison, Sam!"

Sam telling Ruby to go (well, he has to keep his 'stash' safe!) and the brothers discussion. How heartbreaking was Dean's line--"As long as it's you and me. Demon ***** is a deal breaker." He wants it to just be him and Sam (it's what he's always wanted, ok, maybe Papa Winchester too). Why can't Sam see that?!

And then this--"Say it."
                  "It means you're a monster."

And that was it. That was the moment the chasm opened. The moment Dean finally spoke the words of Sam's nightmares and drove the wedge between them. I swear I wanted to kick Dean! How could he do that? How could he say that?

And that brings us back to that ending.

All I have to say is Kripke better fix this! And fix it fast!

So I was thinking about it and I really loved this episode up until the "chasm" stuff. Until it became Dean vs. Sam and then I almost had to look away. Broke my heart (even though we've all known it was coming). Wish i could vote 10 for the first half and a low number for the second half (guess I'll have to vote 5?).

Comment

meh

-7-

Comment

Wasn't too crazy about this ep, the finale will rock for sure though.

Originally posted by Clark_smallville4ever
                      was it me or was there to many wierd closeups?

i felt like every 2 seconds when argueing they were more then usually close to the face and it kinda bothered me

for ex: when they were in the room argueing before the fight the camera seemed alot closer than it ever was and it was driving me nuts

was this a different director? or am i just losing it bc it was like usual

for me it was amazing by this was a tiny flaw
                      I started noticing that same thing after a while too.. kind got irritated. It got like unusually close to the face at times.

Comment

Yeah strange camera angles or something. Different type of lens for sure. After I watched it the 2nd time I noticed it, it was bugging me as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexgirl33
                          Yeah strange camera angles or something. Different type of lens for sure. After I watched it the 2nd time I noticed it, it was bugging me as well.
                          I think Kripke uses that lens or angle to give the boys a more sinister look or to show things aren't right. Shooting at that angle gives Sam and Dean a crazed out of sorts look imo. I think they're doing it to set the mood.

Comment

A very good episode. I liked how Sam was going crazy in that silo and that at the end Sam finally beat Dean in a fight.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎