No announcement yet.

Tonight was proof; never have episodes without Lois

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by galatians221
    We are in agreement. I'm only pointing out that this is never an issue when Lois is in the cast. When Lois is not in the cast we get SuperLana kicking butt and Chloe taking over control of Oliver, Clark and anyone else who gets in her way. I hope Chloe is not in S9 and we get what you've pointed out with Lois being a more complimentary partner and not a competitor. Lana wanted to be a superhero and now Chloe seems to want to be also. They've overdone it.
    Yeah. My only potential problem with Lois is TPTB giving her all the bylines & never giving Clark an opportunity for any. He is a developing journalist and should get bylines in 60-70% of the episodes next season. For this reason, I want him to get fired or quit & move to the Metropolis Journal next season and be his own reporter under the mentorship of Perry White, who should be the editor there prior to his return to the DP, which should happen with Clark & him going back together. This would give Clark & Lois their own storylines and make Lois be more serious (since the jokes usually come out when she's with Clark). I don't want to see them investigating together. That's not classic Lois & Clark. Classic Lois & Clark investigate on their own & cross paths (well Clark mainly as Superman).

Next week looks pretty bad also. It looks like Clark won't be doing anything good.

Comment

Originally posted by Clana4Life
      I don't know that it always makes the writers better. I think back to Stiletto, which for me wasn't a very interesting episode -- probably the least interesting epi of the season for me. I guess it was a filler and it felt a great deal like a filler. The episode prior to that where Chloe locks the door at the end was a very good episode I thought. I hate the fact that they put Stiletto after that - it was just bad timing, or bad placement. Stiletto notwithstanding, I have generally liked the other episodes she was in. Overall I have liked the writing this season.
      It wasn't a filler, it pushed the RBB/Lois/Clark triangle and story and I have a feeling that's what they're going for next season. The episode before that, Eternal, was one of the worst episodes of the season because they crapped on their own Smallville mythology... I mean who does that??

Comment

I love Lois. I enjoy what she brings to the show. That being said, her presence doesn't mean that TPTB are going to write these storylines any better. If the writing is bad, the episode is going to suck with or without Lois.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
          Yeah. My only potential problem with Lois is TPTB giving her all the bylines & never giving Clark an opportunity for any. He is a developing journalist and should get bylines in 60-70% of the episodes next season. For this reason, I want him to get fired or quit & move to the Metropolis Journal next season and be his own reporter under the mentorship of Perry White, who should be the editor there prior to his return to the DP, which should happen with Clark & him going back together. This would give Clark & Lois their own storylines and make Lois be more serious (since the jokes usually come out when she's with Clark). I don't want to see them investigating together. That's not classic Lois & Clark. Classic Lois & Clark investigate on their own & cross paths (well Clark mainly as Superman).

Next week looks pretty bad also. It looks like Clark won't be doing anything good.
          I don't think she's stealing his bylines... I think he just hasn't reached his full potential at the DP. He's still a "copy boy" or considered one... I still would like an RBB episode of Clark "stealing" the story of the RBB and one of his saves from under Lois... or at the very least sending her on some wild goose chase of the RBB like in L&C's first season.... it'd be comical.

Comment

Every bad episode this season had Lois missing from the cast. If TPTB are smart (BIG IF!!), they will have Erica for all 22 episodes next season and keep some sanity to the season. The whole Lana arc in the middle of this season made me want to puke and now this one. Next week is also without Lois and that already makes me want to puke.
            I thought this was the best episode of the season. 10 out of 10.

Comment

Originally posted by WickedJenn
              Hi J!

I agree with some of this. While myself, I did miss Lois, I would not have wanted her in this episode.
              My point is that I don't want this episode. I could care less if Davis eats Chloe, Tess and even Shelby and then gets sent to the Phantom Zone forever. I only watch to see Superman and the writers have this passion for building up the supporting cast because they don't want to see Clark become Superman and they want to continue the Barn Drama of seeing a confused, conflicted overwrought Clark who can't decide if he really wants to be a farmer or a superhero. Tonight he didn't want to offend anyone so he let Chloe tell him what to do. I hate this stuff. Bring me the Man of Steel who makes decisions and gets rid of bad guys.

Comment

I disagree whole heartedly. I am not trying to start anything, because trust me, that's the last thing I'll want to do here on K-Site, but, here's what I have to say.

Sure, Lois Lane is an iconic character, I like her, just not as much as a lot of people do. I respect that, because it is their choice who they like and who they dislike - freedom of speech. But, I think her character can be way overrated.

I disagree that every episode without Lois is bad. There have been some amazing ones with her in it and without her in it.

Personally, I thought this was an amazing episode. There is a reason she wasn't in it - I guess the producers felt her role in this wasn't necessary; because, to be honest, I don't think she would've been in a whole lot of it. It was the Clark/Chloe/Doomsday storyline. If Lois was in it, there would have to be a sub-plot involving Lois.

I am not bashing anybody or any character, but this post is my two cents.
                Last edited by redkryptoniteisthebest; 04-30-2009, 09:17 PM.

Comment

I seriously missed Lois in this episode. Maybe it was more serious than what Lois has been doing lately, but that's because they've put her in that position. I would love to see her in every single episode next year. She can do the dark stuff, I know she can. It's just not fair to shove her to the sidelines all the time.

Comment

She does bring a lot to the show. She should have 22 episodes for sure in season 9. I really hope the producers read the threads and realize how happy that would make everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilah
                      I don't think she's stealing his bylines... I think he just hasn't reached his full potential at the DP. He's still a "copy boy" or considered one... I still would like an RBB episode of Clark "stealing" the story of the RBB and one of his saves from under Lois... or at the very least sending her on some wild goose chase of the RBB like in L&C's first season.... it'd be comical.
                      Me neither. But I think she could very well end up standing in his way of career development like Lana did with Clark's hero development. I hope it doesn't happen because I don't want to resent her as much as I have & continue to resent Lana.

I was very disappointed that Clark got nothing for his troubles in Stiletto. He was the one who was the most involved and look a beating & bullet for it & still got nothing.

I don't want him to be Lois' doormat for her career. He is always shown sacrificing things (whether it's development, his education, or his happiness) to build up other characters. If Clark is made into a doormat once more, then I will watch the rest of the series without any enjoyment. None of these characters have shown any guilt for it either. Lana was a complete scumbag and treated him like crap. She showed no appreciation for Clark doing nothing in his life in seasons 6 & 7 (which I blame the writers for placing Clark is such stupid plots & love triangles that prevent him from having his own storylines).

Comment

honestly, no. Allison mack is an amazing actress and her character/storylines are much more interesting than anything erica/lois would be able to do(has she even had a storyline?)

Comment

Every bad episode this season had Lois missing from the cast. If TPTB are smart (BIG IF!!), they will have Erica for all 22 episodes next season and keep some sanity to the season. The whole Lana arc in the middle of this season made me want to puke and now this one. Next week is also without Lois and that already makes me want to puke.

This season has really gone down hill. There were some promising episodes like Legion, Comittment, Hex, Infamous, Bulletproof even but then we get this trainwreck Chloe/Davis/Clark story and then Jimmy becomes a thiefing druggie with Oliver as a murderer. Let's hope season nine will be better.

Comment

My point is that I don't want this episode. I could care less if Davis eats Chloe, Tess and even Shelby and then gets sent to the Phantom Zone forever. I only watch to see Superman and the writers have this passion for building up the supporting cast because they don't want to see Clark become Superman and they want to continue the Barn Drama of seeing a confused, conflicted overwrought Clark who can't decide if he really wants to be a farmer or a superhero. Tonight he didn't want to offend anyone so he let Chloe tell him what to do. I hate this stuff. Bring me the Man of Steel who makes decisions and gets rid of bad guys.
                            This is why I want the core of Clark, Lois, Jimmy, Perry, Pete, Martha, and Intergang next season. These characters have all supported Clark without making him look bad so far. They allow him to be Superman. They don't suck away his decision power, they don't emasculate him & don't think for him by being his brain. They all support him & his decisions and interact well with him. The hell with Oliver, Chloe, Lana, and the rest. Lex & Clark would have been so good in their scenes together all those years without Lana & their uses of her. Instead they threw in Lana & other characters into plots that should have involved Clark. Like the stones plot. Lana was interested in the stones more than Clark was. And Clark never found a single one on his own. He stole or was given every one.

Like I always say, anyone who watches season 3 and will be amazed at Clark and how decisive, confident, and headstrong he was compared to now, when he has everyone else making his choices, acting on his behalf, thinking for him, etc. This is why I love Shattered & Asylum. Not even his parents who were so against him helping Lex were able to make up his mind. Hats off to the first 3 seasons.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Kschreck
                            This season has really gone down hill. There were some promising episodes like Legion, Comittment, Hex, Infamous, Bulletproof even but then we get this trainwreck Chloe/Davis/Clark story and then Jimmy becomes a thiefing druggie with Oliver as a murderer. Let's hope season nine will be better.
                            Isn't that the truth. The first 8 episodes were great except for Toxic (I could care less about Oliver; I watch this show for Clark & that episode had way too much Oliver).

Abyss was too Chloe-centric, and I only liked the ending. Bride, Legion & Bulletproof (except for the ending) were great. Then came the Power & Requiem abominations. Infamous was OK & Hex was pretty decent. Stiletto was very good. Turbulence had some good Jimmy-Davis scenes. Eternal was garbage & so was Beast.

I think this just shows that the Davis idea wasn't a good one because they can't make it be about him & Clark. I'd rather see Doomsday as a creature all the time and Clark following the trail of bodies, writing about them. Even that though could have only gone so far. I said Intergang would have been great this season. Tess would also be good, but they screwed her up very badly.
                            Last edited by xrayvision; 04-30-2009, 09:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                              Me neither. But I think she could very well end up standing in his way of career development like Lana did with Clark's hero development. I hope it doesn't happen because I don't want to resent her as much as I have & continue to resent Lana.

I was very disappointed that Clark got nothing for his troubles in Stiletto. He was the one who was the most involved and look a beating & bullet for it & still got nothing.

I don't want him to be Lois' doormat for her career. He is always shown sacrificing things (whether it's development, his education, or his happiness) to build up other characters. If Clark is made into a doormat once more, then I will watch the rest of the series without any enjoyment. None of these characters have shown any guilt for it either. Lana was a complete scumbag and treated him like crap. She showed no appreciation for Clark doing nothing in his life in seasons 6 & 7 (which I blame the writers for placing Clark is such stupid plots & love triangles that prevent him from having his own storylines).
                              I hate to tell you this but in the comics Lois is typically portrayed as the hot shot reporter. She's the one with more awards. She's the star reporter. The reason for this is basically because Clark can't spend all his time as a reporter. He's the hero, Superman, so his reporting can suffer a bit. He's still a good reporter but he makes that sacrifice because of who he is.

Lois doesn't get in his way or try to stall him as the hero but as the reporter? Lois has always tended to get the limelight in this regard. However, within the SV universe, it's obvious that he is getting storylines as has been mentioned and Lois in Stiletto mentions his skills as a reporter when she was trying to get the upper hand and, instead, ended up complimenting him. The important factor here is that Lois regards him as a hero and was grateful and, when she did something wrong, and Clark called her on it and told her to make sure the story didn't go to print she actually did exactly that. Her regard for Clark is very high despite some of her snarkiness.
                              Last edited by colibri; 04-30-2009, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by redkryptoniteisthebest
                                I disagree whole heartedly. I am not trying to start anything, because trust me, that's the last thing I'll want to do here on K-Site, but, here's what I have to say.

Sure, Lois Lane is an iconic character, I like her, just not as much as a lot of people do. I respect that, because it is their choice who they like and who they dislike - freedom of speech. But, I think her character can be way overrated.

I disagree that every episode without Lois is bad. There have been some amazing ones with her in it and without her in it.

Personally, I thought this was an amazing episode. There is a reason she wasn't in it - I guess the producers felt her role in this wasn't necessary; because, to be honest, I don't think she would've been in a whole lot of it. It was the Clark/Chloe/Doomsday storyline. If Lois was in it, there would have to be a sub-plot involving Lois.

I am not bashing anybody or any character, but this post is my two cents.

Well said, and I agree. This was a terrific episode, and Lois definitely wasn't needed, nor would she have fit. I didn't particularly like Stiletto, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎