No announcement yet.

Law & Order (NBC)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law & Order (NBC)

I couldn't find a thread for the original Law & Order. But if there is one somehow, please merge this with the original topic.

Tonight's one is pretty good. I got a real kick at seeing Jason Jones from the Daily Show as a smug reporter. Oh that's a stretch .

the trailers may have overhyped it, by alot, but I still enjoyed it

Comment

You know, I don't think there is a thread on this, I've looked and looked. Yours will be the official thread, Vergon, unless I eventually come across another

I love watching L&O reruns sometimes. I miss Jesse Martin.
      Last edited by WickedJenn; 04-30-2009, 08:53 PM.

Comment

i know there is a law and order svu and ci threads im surprised there hasnt been a one for the original.

lthe new episode was pretty good i liked it. hope those kids got life after that dude died. i hated when that one lady was like hey illegals killed a girl a few months back. im just like since when ddoes one illegal speak for them all and last time i checked most murders and rapists in our jail system are actually americans

Comment

Originally posted by WickedJenn
          You know, I don't think there is a thread on this, I've looked and looked. Yours will be the official thread, Vergon, unless I eventually come across another

I love watching L&O reruns sometimes. I miss Jesse Fisher.
          Jesse Fisher? Do you mean Jessie L. Martin?

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
          the trailers may have overhyped it, by alot, but I still enjoyed it
          It was overhyped as if it was the best Law & Order of the season lol. Meanwhile, the promo for the next episode told nothing about the episode, the voice-over guy just said 'oh yeah, another new Law & Order' or something like that lol
          Last edited by Vergon6; 04-30-2009, 04:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

i i was like wait wasnt this supposed to be a huge mystery where the killer was so sneaky he left no evidence? still good but stupid comercials mislead you

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
              i i was like wait wasnt this supposed to be a huge mystery where the killer was so sneaky he left no evidence? still good but stupid comercials mislead you
              I'm not sure. You may be right. That's strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
                Jesse Fisher? Do you mean Jessie L. Martin?
                Errr...yeah. Where the heck did I get that from?

I must go fix it.

Comment

ya i was like who was that jesse person anyway lol. but ya i miss him too. maybe he will come back at some point. i liked jerry orbachs character too but sad he died. i wonder if he was still alive if he would still be on the show.

Comment

ya i was like who was that jesse person anyway lol. but ya i miss him too. maybe he will come back at some point. i liked jerry orbachs character too but sad he died. i wonder if he was still alive if he would still be on the show.
                    It was sad that Jerry Orbach died. I imagine we might have seen him come back for some guest appearances if he was still alive. However, you may remember that Jerry left Law & Order and joined the cast of Law & Order Trial By Jury before he died (none of his episodes aired until after he died though).

Does everyone have a favorite ensemble from over the years? I think my favorite version of the cast was from Season 5: Jerry Orbach, Chris Noth, S. Epatha Merkerson, Sam Waterson, Jill Hennessy, and Steven Hill.

Although one of the stand out episodes of the series in my opinion was the Season 6 finale (checking it on IMDB, it was called "Aftershock"). I guess because it breaks the mold of a typical L&O episode, following each character during the aftermath of watching an execution.
                    Last edited by Vergon6; 05-01-2009, 06:05 PM.

Comment

oh really? didnt know that. guess your right he may of came to guest star. i think trial by jury was the first law and order i ever watched lol. was that where we saw jurors talk about the case and at the end we saw what really happened? that show didnt last long tho.

Comment

oh really? didnt know that. guess your right he may of came to guest star. i think trial by jury was the first law and order i ever watched lol. was that where we saw jurors talk about the case and at the end we saw what really happened? that show didnt last long tho.
                        Yeah it was. I tried to watch it a few times, but I couldn't get into it. I think I saw some of the episodes that happened before he appeared on the show.

It would have been really interesting to see Michael Moriarity return. He only got mentioned once in the first episode that involved Richard Brooks' return as Robinette, but this time as defense lawyer. But I think is his still in exile up in Canada (not really exile, but it seemed like it). The only thing I ever saw him in after Law & Order was a few episodes of Psi Factor, a cheesy Canadian sci-fi show.

I have been watching Law & Order since the beginning more or less. I'm not if I saw the first episode when it originally aired but at least sometime during the first season.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

What was funny was in high school I remember trying to write a Law & Order script for fun, but by the time I found out the spelling of each of the full names and spellings for each characters names, the cast changed lol.
                        Last edited by Vergon6; 05-01-2009, 06:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

i didnt even get into law and order till a couple of years ago then i just starting watching everything on USA and TNT all tyhe repeats then started watching the live airings and stuff. im pretty sure i saw every episode atleast once lol.

i think when LOST is done and they need knew lawyers on law and order they should get the guy who plays richard. he was also the DA i think or mayor maybe it was in Dark Knight. but ya i can picture him as a lawyer on law and order.

ya they change actors a lot on the law and order shows. one thing i like about SVU is that they all have the same actors from the begining minus ice t who replaced that nerdy guy who got sick of all the rapiests and stuff. and the lawers changed but cabot is back for a bit.

i like how McCoy got the promotion and is in charge but wish we saw him do a case agian. its funny how now that McCoy is in charge he is more strict and doesnt push the limits like he did when he was a regular lawyer and he would push the boundries all the time.

Comment

i didnt even get into law and order till a couple of years ago then i just starting watching everything on USA and TNT all tyhe repeats then started watching the live airings and stuff. im pretty sure i saw every episode atleast once lol.

i think when LOST is done and they need knew lawyers on law and order they should get the guy who plays richard. he was also the DA i think or mayor maybe it was in Dark Knight. but ya i can picture him as a lawyer on law and order.

ya they change actors a lot on the law and order shows. one thing i like about SVU is that they all have the same actors from the begining minus ice t who replaced that nerdy guy who got sick of all the rapiests and stuff. and the lawers changed but cabot is back for a bit.

i like how McCoy got the promotion and is in charge but wish we saw him do a case agian. its funny how now that McCoy is in charge he is more strict and doesnt push the limits like he did when he was a regular lawyer and he would push the boundries all the time.
                            Oh you mean Nestor Carbonell (I had to check the name). He played the Mayor in Dark Knight. I haven't actually really watched Lost, although I tried to watch part of one episode. I couldn't get into it.

If he wasn't on Raising the Bar, it would have been nice to see J. August Richards on Law & Order. He was on the short-lived series Conviction, which was not a direct Law & Order spin-off, but had Cabot being a mentor to up-and-coming young DAs. And if you are fan of Angel, then you may recall in Season 5 of Angel, how Gunn (played by J. August Richards) became a lawyer (because of mystical brain upgrade lol). Milena Govich from Conviction played a detective on L&O for one season after that, and Julianne Nicholson from Conviction later became Detective Wheeler on L&O:CI. I'm not sure if you knew that, so I thought I'd mention it just in case.

On SVU, they also got rid of the female detective who admitted to having sex with a guy they once arrested for sex crimes.

Yeah it is interesting to see the change with McCoy. I guess he knows that he pushed the limits back in his day, and felt that Cutter needed someone to try to reel him in like Adam Schiff did for him. There was one episode this season where McCoy did take the reigns again, but I don't remember the storyline for some reason.
                            Last edited by Vergon6; 05-01-2009, 07:15 PM.

Comment

ya him. ya really had no clue what he was supposed to be in the dark knight lol. ya lost you need to watch from the begining to fully understand. he doesnt show up till season 3 tho.

oh dont remember her maybe that was one of the few episodes i havent seen.

ya maybe since mccoy got the promotion he has to be more responisble since its his head on the line as the boss but i think he respects cutter when he goes too far just cant admit it.

ya i think maybe once when he had to go up agianst that mayor guy or whatever when the dude was covering up some hooker thing or whatever it was. maybe it was last season. i can never keep track of the time frames with the law and order shows since they never seem to air back to back like most shows do.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎