Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Beast"?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i give it a 7 i love clark idea to sent davis to the phantom zone

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroesUnlimited
      On the contrary. I understand perfectly. I do find it curious, however, that if you don't think there's anything wrong with your "methods" why you felt the need to write such a long post defending yourself. I get it. In fact, I got it before. If you believe that a character (who has come under some kind of attack) is being "defended" well by others, you won't bother doing the same. That's where you and I disagree. If I believed a character was unfairly under attack, I would still put my two cents in, even if everyone else did too. That doesn't mean I'd have to write a book. It could just be a sentence or two. In fact, I wish MORE people on K-Site would be more succinct. Some people write a lot, but actually "say" very little. Long story short, I don't let what others post dictate what I'm going to post. If something bothers me, I'll speak up about it no matter if 1 person already has or 1,000. You obviously don't agree and that's fine. If everyone agreed on everything, the world would be a pretty boring place.

First, I find what you wrote to be insulting, even if you didn't specify that it was my long posts that you find "writes a lot, and says a little". If that's the case, don't read them. Easy Peazy.

Second, I still don't think there is anything wrong with my methods. I'm defending my post since you took it out of context. That's me, arguing against your use of my words and your insinuations. I think you are assuming that if someone argues or defends themselves, that it's because what they did originally is worthy of being doubted or questioned. That's just not the case. You disagree. Although, if you're curious about why I write long posts, especially as a response to you, then perhaps you've missed what I actually wrote anyways. It's the only explanation I have for you. Again, if you don't wish to read long posts, especially by specific posters who you feel write too much and say too little, then maybe you should just block their posts from being seen by you. Then you wouldn't have to spend your time reading something that is wasting your time with little substance.

Third, you may post every single time that someone is being unfairly attacked. But that just means that you either don't find very many posts unfairly attacking characters, or you have MUCH MORE TIME than I do. I have limited time to spend online here, and it's been fewer and fewer as of late. I choose to respond to some posts, and not respond to others so that I can spend my time here reading threads I want to, responding to the posts I want to, and adding my own ideas to the forum. I wish I had your free time so I could respond to every single post that I disagree or agree with. I just don't.

I do agree with you that if everyone had the same thoughts it would be a very boring place.

Comment

• Originally posted by La Donna
        First, I find what you wrote to be insulting, even if you didn't specify that it was my long posts that you find "writes a lot, and says a little". If that's the case, don't read them. Easy Peazy.

Second, I still don't think there is anything wrong with my methods. I'm defending my post since you took it out of context. That's me, arguing against your use of my words and your insinuations. I think you are assuming that if someone argues or defends themselves, that it's because what they did originally is worthy of being doubted or questioned. That's just not the case. You disagree. Although, if you're curious about why I write long posts, especially as a response to you, then perhaps you've missed what I actually wrote anyways. It's the only explanation I have for you. Again, if you don't wish to read long posts, especially by specific posters who you feel write too much and say too little, then maybe you should just block their posts from being seen by you. Then you wouldn't have to spend your time reading something that is wasting your time with little substance.

Third, you may post every single time that someone is being unfairly attacked. But that just means that you either don't find very many posts unfairly attacking characters, or you have MUCH MORE TIME than I do. I have limited time to spend online here, and it's been fewer and fewer as of late. I choose to respond to some posts, and not respond to others so that I can spend my time here reading threads I want to, responding to the posts I want to, and adding my own ideas to the forum. I wish I had your free time so I could respond to every single post that I disagree or agree with. I just don't.

I do agree with you that if everyone had the same thoughts it would be a very boring place.
        I think you assume far too much and we'll just leave it at that.

Comment

• Originally posted by xrayvision
          Man, I don't know about you, but I was close to being classified as "fit to be tied" after seeing this. I couldn't believe how Clark again was turned into the plot device. I was hoping that all ended after Requiem. But they did it again. Clark was clearly past his believing everything without having doubts phase that he was in while with Lana. But they once again turned him into an idiot just to make the plot of this episode fly. Utterly disgusting. This is the exact same bovine fecies that was taking place back in season 5 when Clark knew Lana was going behind his back with his then recent enemy Lex investigating the ship and still trusted her.

That Fortress scene with Chloe's guilt tripping and projection of Chloe's own messed up views on Clark (that sending Davis to the Phantom Zone was wrong) convinced me that Chloe is the new Lana and that she must go one way or the other. If she remains next season, it will ruin the show. They will anchor the show with a character who just doesn't belong anymore. They will also turn it into a Justice League show just to keep her in it, and that's something I never want to see. I can't even believe Oliver would be dumb enough to let her keep her job after this.

I'm waiting to see the core Superman characters---Clark, Lois, Jimmy, Perry, and hopefully Pete Ross back as CK's friend and Intergang as the villians. These core characters have never made Clark look like a moron. They always allowed him to be who he really is without poison like Lana and "season 5-8 Chloe" around, who made/make him a BDA. We got rid of one poison after heavy collateral damage, and now the other must go. Otherwise this Clark Kent will remain as the most pathetic depiction of the character in the history. Notice I said remain, because currently he is the most pathetic depiction. The real Clark/Superman would never have stayed with Lana after the crap she pulled off and would never have bought the garbage Chloe unloaded on Smallville's Clark this episode. And as I always say, the Clark of Season 3 would have never have bought this raw sewage.

I don't have the time or the patience for the crap I saw in this episode.

The bottom line to TPTB: Get rid of the rotten apple before she spoils the entire barrel next season
          Couldn't have said it better myself. I soooooooo want Chloe gone! gone! gone! gone!

Comment

• I was just watching Beast and Aaron Ashmore as Jimmy Olsen says to Justin Hartley as Oliver Queen (when Jimmy was working at the bar):

Oliver Queen: You work here, don't you? What are they paying you, Shirley Temples?

Jimmy Olsen: "They, uh, let me go (he was laid off). Cutbacks. I mean, You know how that is."

Oliver Queen: I do.

Then TPTB let Aaron Ashmore go (no longer playing Jimmy Olsen). What a strange coincidence to have a line like that, then 2 episodes later on Doomsday, they actually let Aaron Ashmore go. Cutbacks on Smallville. You know how that is. I never even thought about those lines at all on Beast, until after they let Aaron Ashmore go (no longer playing Jimmy Olsen). I don't want to be rude and say ironic, because I'm just too depressed to say that about Jimmy Olsen/Aaron Ashmore. I love and miss Jimmy Olsen/Aaron Ashmore. Has anyone else ever noticed that at all?
            Last edited by tibbit78; 05-20-2009, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• I still really love this episode. Chlavis is the best.

Comment

• This episode was great!Liked the plot,davis was tight and the ending was kool

Comment

• I give it a 6!
                  Hate how chloe's character is moving but Loved Allison Mack!

Chlavis makes me sick!!!!

Comment

• I really like BEAST, I remember watching this episode with my friends and my Jaw dropped when you see clark ripped in half in the teaser. I really enjoyed how it was well written and building to the end in the fortress. The End battle was IMO better than the DD fight. I love Fortress frenzy. Everyone really delivered a good performance and this ep covered alot. The end is amazing, very emotional. I respect Chloe cause all she has ever wanted to do is Save Clark, and Clark Crushing the filing cabinet was..EPIC! GREAT EP! 1 of my favs of Season 8! 10/10!!

Comment

• Love it^^it was great!

Comment

• 6/7.

I actually think the episode is pretty good if you treat everything that happens in isolation. If you are looking at the overall season arc, then certain characters comeout of it looking very poor and others a lot better.

This isn't a good one for Chloe as a character, but Allison Mack still plays her superbly. Chloe has firmly and inadvisedly placed herself in Davis' corner, going on the run with a serial killer. Incidentally, Davis' face and story is front-page in the Daily Planet yet there he is, shopping for snacks at a gas station at the end like an ordinary customer. When you're on the lam, you'd want to keep a really low profile I'd have thought. Back to Chloe though, she is so adamant about protecting Davis that she isn't really seeing the big picture. She also ignores good advice from Clark, Oliver AND Emil. Not good.

Clark's motivations in this one are clear and he is actually trying to do the right thing, but his actions seem a tad slow and it makes him come across as indecisive. Rather than acting with conviction in what he's doing, he lets doubt creep in resulting in him being fooled by Chloe and bollocked by Oliver.

The Oliver and Jimmy friendship is built quite nicely in this episode. Indeed, I think Aaron Ashmore is the star of the episode playing Jimmy as totally broken and with nothing left to lose. The slightly naive but friendly and happy-go-lucky Jimmy has all but disappeared, leaving a shell of a man who is distrustful and cynical. Oliver does a great job of breaking down that shell to find a semblence of the Jimmy of before. Oliver has obviously warmed to Jimmy and offers the right advice, never fuelling Jimmy's downward spiral and offering him a positive way out. He even points out that Jimmy's instincts and drive to follow his hunches are strong. That particular aspect of Jimmy's character has been shown a few times before, noting the spark between Lois and Clark, feeling that Chloe was hiding something and how it was impacting upon their relationship, tracking the Green Arrow, correctly figuring out that Clark was the RBB, and then the whole Davis-as-a-murderer thing.

I keep saying it but season 8 had the potential to be absolutely brilliant but somehow, the writers had so many characters take backward steps, not least Clark himself. When a show ends up doing that to its lead character, it's a slippery slope.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎