No announcement yet.

Peters Abilities After Touching Sylar

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peters Abilities After Touching Sylar

I'm just curious as to what abilities Peter took from Sylar after he touched him. I had always thought previously to the finale that if peter touched sylar he would take all sylars present abilities. But one thing peter said confused me. After he faked out sylar by shape shifting into the president and then sticking him with the needle he said "bet ya didn't think i took that one from you" That quote sounds like peter had to choose what ability to take from Sylar but still only have one, instead of touching him and immediately absorbing every one sylar had. Anyone know for sure, or have an idea?

Thanks

i thought the same thing idk if peter has his empathic mimicry back or if he just took sylars intuitive aptitude and all of the abilities sylar already had does this mean peter has to cut open peoples head?

Comment

If Peter can still only have one ability at a time, he probably thought Sylar would be surprised that he would take shapeshifting over a more "powerful" ability. In this case, Peter knew that a "deceptive" ability was needed over strength.

Comment

The PTB would have us believe that Peter only was able to take his shape shifting ability. That would explain on why Peter had scrapes all over his face and unable to fly. But my main concern is why when Peter touched Sylar, Sylar was unable to keep his present form, why did he revert back to his usual shape? When Peter took flight from Nathan, Nathan was still able to fly, when Peter and Parkman went into building 26 to "push" thoughts, Parkman didn't lose his ability. Niki and Mohinder were still intact after they had their powers taken when they were captured.

Comment

They just need to have another eclipse and have his old power "magically" come back. Just like peter was no one to be found when they had sylar's body at the end, even though he subdued him. and he didn't ask any questions why they were taking his body BACK up to nathans room.

Comment

I think he took them all and till' they tell me otherwise that's it. He wasn't bleeding he blead got the power stopped bleeding, the power doesn't make blood on your face dry up or fall off for christ' sake. So he DEFINATELY had the healing gene again. And i'll say this again, Sylars og power is the same as Pets og power so pete got his og power back. Sylar only thinks his og power was his apptitude but i think it was really mimicry and he just accidentally took Sampsons apptitude power as did Pete with Angelas dream ability to see the future and him flying. That is why he thought his power was to fly!

Comment

Originally posted by shanemak
              The PTB would have us believe that Peter only was able to take his shape shifting ability. That would explain on why Peter had scrapes all over his face and unable to fly. But my main concern is why when Peter touched Sylar, Sylar was unable to keep his present form, why did he revert back to his usual shape? When Peter took flight from Nathan, Nathan was still able to fly, when Peter and Parkman went into building 26 to "push" thoughts, Parkman didn't lose his ability. Niki and Mohinder were still intact after they had their powers taken when they were captured.
              He was expecting to take the form of the president but started to change into Peter that caused him to get confused and he probably "looked" for the right form.

Comment

Yes it is true that they both have the same og Power. It has been known ever since Arthur told him about it.

Last edited by targis; 04-29-2009, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LOONEY
                  I think he took them all and till' they tell me otherwise that's it. He wasn't bleeding he blead got the power stopped bleeding, the power doesn't make blood on your face dry up or fall off for christ' sake. So he DEFINATELY had the healing gene again. And i'll say this again, Sylars og power is the same as Pets og power so pete got his og power back. Sylar only thinks his og power was his apptitude but i think it was really mimicry and he just accidentally took Sampsons apptitude power as did Pete with Angelas dream ability to see the future and him flying. That is why he thought his power was to fly!
                  but if pete has his powers back why couldn't he fly? I also think it looks like open wounds rather than just the left over blood on his face.

Comment

Originally posted by BaGz
                    but if pete has his powers back why couldn't he fly? I also think it looks like open wounds rather than just the left over blood on his face.
                    Open wounds that size would continue to bleed on the face, you never cut yourself shaving come on dude.
                    He took Sylars powers not Nathans and "IF" sylar took Nates power it was WHILE they were flying so Pete was still in the room with Sylars powers. It is still up in the air about how powerful his TK is and if that can make him fly, why wouldn't it right. Everyone elese OG power is getting stronger why not that one he's had it for a while but still is not his OG power it's the same as petes.
                    So pete doesn't have HIS powers back he has SYLARS powers now.

Comment

I want to believe that he is multi-powered again but I think he is only a shape-shifter. Two things are for sure. 1) We will see in September what powers Peter posseses and 2) we want peter's power back

Comment

Originally posted by LOONEY
                        Open wounds that size would continue to bleed on the face, you never cut yourself shaving come on dude.
                        He took Sylars powers not Nathans and "IF" sylar took Nates power it was WHILE they were flying so Pete was still in the room with Sylars powers. It is still up in the air about how powerful his TK is and if that can make him fly, why wouldn't it right. Everyone elese OG power is getting stronger why not that one he's had it for a while but still is not his OG power it's the same as petes.
                        So pete doesn't have HIS powers back he has SYLARS powers now.

I don't think he took all of sylars powers because when there around the fire his face would be healed ... he still had the scars so it looks like he didn't take all of sylars powers. But I could be wrong, maybe the writers missed it.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎