No announcement yet.

The garbage bags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lrog127
    Does anyone else agree that AM is such a brilliant actress? This scene proves it... the look on her face as she looks down at her hands and sinks to ground..that was so creepy! She's seriously in deep.
    I've got to say, while I don't like what they're doing with her character, I think AM very consistently "brings it" as an actress. That was a really believable freak out moment.

I also didn't notice the garbage bags the first time. I like the idea that, in covering for Doomsday, she's throwing her relationship with Clark in the garbage (in body bags, no less!)

Comment

Didnt notice that the first time around but i agree, it couldnt have been a coincidence. The whole chloe throwing away their friendship and clark having the same fate are interesting ideas. I think both are right too. Gotta love the symbolism in Smallville.

And as others mentioned...Seriously..couldnt chloe have found a better way to dispose of the bodies? maybe a lake or burying them or even throwing them in a different dumpster! preferably one far away from where you live! and secondly she should have worn gloves because first off, ew disgusting! secondly, her fingerprints would show up if anyone found it. Oh chloe. I suppose we should give her a break though, this is her first time at doing the whole "disposing of dead bodies thing" but i think she's been lacking a little common sense lately...

Comment

Wow -- I hadn't notice the r & b bags before! Definitely not a coincidence. Red trash bags, by the way, are the universal symbol for "biohazard," so the trash men won't take them. (Apparently Bloomingdales once had the not-well-thought-out idea one christmas to sell red garbage bags, and it was a huge mistake because nobody would pick them up!)

Also, for the Shakespeare fans, that bloody scene (and Chloe's jitters in general) was reminiscent of Lady Macbeth I think. Allison is fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by amandaa125
          Didnt notice that the first time around but i agree, it couldnt have been a coincidence. The whole chloe throwing away their friendship and clark having the same fate are interesting ideas. I think both are right too. Gotta love the symbolism in Smallville.

And as others mentioned...Seriously..couldnt chloe have found a better way to dispose of the bodies? maybe a lake or burying them or even throwing them in a different dumpster! preferably one far away from where you live! and secondly she should have worn gloves because first off, ew disgusting! secondly, her fingerprints would show up if anyone found it. Oh chloe. I suppose we should give her a break though, this is her first time at doing the whole "disposing of dead bodies thing" but i think she's been lacking a little common sense lately...
          Don't forget she had no transportation after her car was stolen. She could have put them in a further dumpster, but the chances a cop could have seen her would increase. Plus the guy in the bags must way around 200 pounds. Davis should have dumped them.

Comment

Having stuck my hand very far down the symbolism pot and pulled out acorns of symbolic goodness myself, I congratulate you for noticing the red & blue bags. I can't believe I didn't notice them before, because I don't even know where to find red or blue plastic bags of that size. I agree, this is symbolic. But what is it representing?

I personally do not see this as the Chloe tossing away her friendship with Clark, but I can see where Chloe is hiding from Clark. I think it took all it was in Chloe to tell Clark she didn't need a super-save. Tossing to me reads as if Chloe doesn't care, and I do think she cares a great deal.

Originally posted by mimi1123
            Also, for the Shakespeare fans, that bloody scene (and Chloe's jitters in general) was reminiscent of Lady Macbeth I think. Allison is fantastic.
            Mimi- bless you for posting that thought! She has blood on her hands and feels guiltly. Lady MacBeth express her guilt and remorse with Out, out damn spot. Chloe takes up the MacBeth overlay--she's remorseful. Such a well acted scene.

I'm not willing to rule out the possiblity of this foreshadowing the disappearance of the Red/Blue Blur and Chloe's work to hide him. The colors, at this time, are more representitive of Clark's hero persona, and not Clark himself. Especially when 1/3 of this episode focuses on RBB's interactions.

It's a really cool find and I expect zero acknowledgement from the show toward intent here. However, it's still fun. This is what makes fan interaction so great.
            Last edited by Sue Denim; 04-28-2009, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Ah yes I forget her car was stolen. In that case you're right, davis should have taken care of it.

Comment

Did she deposited the bags in the trash bins right outside her apartment? How obvious is that? I mean she's gonna be suspect numer one when they find whatever was left of the body.

Comment

With hindsight now, I guess it was symbolic of Chloe throwing out the ideals she shares with Clark. Because after Stiletto we saw her stop Clark in sending Davis to the Phantom Zone and do all sorts of things that ended in going against Clark, like siding with Oliver, Black Canary, Bart, etc in Doomsday when they used that kryptonite dart on Clark to deal with Davis their own way---which ultimately ended with Jimmy's demise.

Also, Clark ditched his humanity (temporarily) & the red and blue colors after the events of Doomsday, so I guess it could've foreshadowed that as well. And his reason for that was Jimmy's death and that was mainly Chloe's fault along with all those who sided with her and went against Clark.

Comment

Just noticed that the goon left in the garbage bags was played by the same actor who played the 33.1 inmate who helped Chloe and Moira escape in 'Progeny'.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎