No announcement yet.

The garbage bags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zHeN_zHeN
    OMG! I didn't notice until you guys mentioned it!

No, Chloe! No!

Jade thanks

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

[QUOTE=melissan02;4770692]Not only were the two garbage bags Chloe had red and blue, but put that scene/usage of red and blue up against Lois' note from the RBB, which was on red and blue paper. To me, the symbolism = Chloe-- a tossing away...a betrayal if you will; Lois--loyalty and trust.[/QUOTE]

WOW...the way you word it Mel....probably.
    Last edited by LoveHurts38; 04-25-2009, 11:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hey, no problem!

I'm a visual person, so I love seeing caps in the threads. It helps bring about more discussion, I think.

Anywho, I never knew garbage bags came in blue and red!

If I were Chloe, I would have opted for the more traditional black. The primary colors just make the evidence stand out more. And, for goodness sakes, why choose the dumpster at the back of the Talon? Hel-lo! The Feds will be swarming the place within days. Oh, but, this is Smallville where the "weird and unexplained" stay weird and unexplained, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by zHeN_zHeN
        Hey, no problem!

I'm a visual person, so I love seeing caps in the threads. It helps bring about more discussion, I think.

Anywho, I never knew garbage bags came in blue and red!

If I were Chloe, I would have opted for the more traditional black. The primary colors just make the evidence stand out more. And, for goodness sakes, why choose the dumpster at the back of the Talon? Hel-lo! The Feds will be swarming the place within days. Oh, but, this is Smallville where the "weird and unexplained" stay weird and unexplained, huh?
        When I saw where she was dumping those bag...*face-palm* Chloe's supposed to be a bright you woman, why dump them right on your front step Very, very stupid but then her entire plan isn't particularly well thought out at the moment

Comment

I didnt notice the colors while watching but it could possibly be foreshadowing, I mean why would they pick different colored garabge bags and then go through the trouble of making them red and blue if it didnt mean anything....unless it was purely a coincidence??

Also, the scene was creepy, liked the way Chloe cried after that with a "seriously WTF am I doing" look on her face.

Comment

Originally posted by amalie
            When I saw where she was dumping those bag...*face-palm* Chloe's supposed to be a bright you woman, why dump them right on your front step Very, very stupid but then her entire plan isn't particularly well thought out at the moment
            Maybe she was scared of getting caught since the longer from the Talon she dumped the bags, the higher the chances of her getting caught by a cop or someone walking around.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
              Maybe she was scared of getting caught since the longer from the Talon she dumped the bags, the higher the chances of her getting caught by a cop or someone walking around.

Maybe, but there's more chance of them linking those crimes to her (given that the bodies are behind the talon with her fingerprints all over the bags no less) than there is of the police stopping her. Whatever her reasons it was a horrible scene to watch.

Comment

I know. But it was supposed to be horrible. Also, don't forget Chloe had no car since it was stolen, and I'm sure those bags weighed quite a bit (close to 200 pounds). The best dumping place would have been in the field where Davis buried all those bodies, but I'm not sure Chloe knows about it & again she had no transportation.

But she should at least have worn gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by amalie
                  Even though I didn't notice it personally (as I posted earlier), I have seen other people bringing it up in discussions. It's been suggested that it's symbolic of her friendship with Clark being thrown away.

Does anyone have any screencaps? I'm curious to see how obvious it is before I make a decision on if it has a deeper meaning or not.
                  Melissa and I posted about thowing the friendship away, and Annie and Cedric both had some other very interesting viewpoints in their reviews about the trash bags and what it symbolizes.

Annie saw her as a fallen heroine, and Cedric saw it as what Chloe has become! I happen to agree with both, and I still think that what I originally took as far as Chloe throwing away her friendship with Clark rings true.

She is doing all this of her own free will, and the consequences of her actions and this decision will be dyer.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by melissan02
                  Not only were the two garbage bags Chloe had red and blue, but put that scene/usage of red and blue up against Lois' note from the RBB, which was on red and blue paper. To me, the symbolism = Chloe-- a tossing away...a betrayal if you will; Lois--loyalty and trust.
                  Melissa, I thought you were Matt!! Yes, I agree with what you said here!! I feel the same!!!
                  Last edited by Mickey_Bickey; 04-26-2009, 04:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thanks for the screen caps zHeN zHeN. An excellent unspoken scene by AM. Jus showed how torn she is, in the situation she has found herself in.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey_Bickey
                      Melissa and I posted about thowing the friendship away, and Annie and Cedric both had some other very interesting viewpoints in their reviews about the trash bags and what it symbolizes.

Annie saw her as a fallen heroine, and Cedric saw it as what Chloe has become! I happen to agree with both, and I still think that what I originally took as far as Chloe throwing away her friendship with Clark rings true.

She is doing all this of her own free will, and the consequences of her actions and this decision will be dyer.

I knew I'd read it somewhere. Sorry I didn't credit you, I just couldn't remember who it was that had originally stated it (of what thread it was in)

Comment

Good catch. I didn't even notice the color because I kept thinking, WTF is Chloe doing throwing away Davis' victim's bodies in the garbage?!

Just the smell alone would alert anybody walking anywhere near there that there are rotting somethings in the dumpster.

Comment

I guess Davis never got caught because he dumped them in all sorts of places & he killed anyone who caught him.

Comment

xray you kill me! You come up with the most random topics!I was cracking up when I read this...I didn't even notice the colors of the bags until i saw the pics.

Originally posted by IHeartClois
                            Also, the scene was creepy, liked the way Chloe cried after that with a "seriously WTF am I doing" look on her face.
                            Originally posted by skully
                            Thanks for the screen caps zHeN zHeN. An excellent unspoken scene by AM. Jus showed how torn she is, in the situation she has found herself in.
                            Does anyone else agree that AM is such a brilliant actress? This scene proves it... the look on her face as she looks down at her hands and sinks to ground..that was so creepy! She's seriously in deep.

Comment

This is the AM I wanted to see, though I don't like how deep she's in it now. She really did a great job showing how scared Chloe was of being in that situation.

Comment

I didn't notice the color of the bags at first, but it does seem like it could mean something. I've been thinking lately that Chloe and Clark have been drifting apart. They seem to be at odds a lot: arguing, keeping secrets, talking at cross-purposes. And she is headed toward a Green Arrow kind of mindset/morality that essentially conflicts with Clarks basic conviction, "don't kill".

Clark and Chloe have a basic difference in values. I wonder what will happen when he finds out she has been covering for Dooms. She literally has blood on her hands. Plus she killed Sebastian in her single minded pursuit of "protecting" Clark. Part of me wonders if they can continue to work together, or even remain friends. Maybe things are being set up for a season 9 big split-up between these two.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎