Music from "Stiletto"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, I bashed the writing before, but rewatched it 3 times and the third time really helped when I didn't watch the first half hour. I also watched with focus on the background music/ I think Louis has an amazing gift for writing music that blends perfectly in support of the scene, without taking away from or overpowering it. Specifically, the last scene between Lois & Clark was pitch perfect...I really felt he captured the lingering romance and uncertainty that exists between two people's first first conversations/beginnings...it was optimistic with a very "These are the baby steps that will make us or break us type message.

KUDOS LOUIS!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by davidbrenton; 04-28-2009, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Don't know if anyone has seen this, but....

emy2003: Hey, Louis, I really loved the score in Stiletto! And I think I heard a hint of the Love Theme at the end, which was perfect!
      Louis: I'm glad you enjoyed it, thank you. And yes, the love theme. it's evolving as we speak...

NICE!

Comment

"It's evolving as we speak..."

Comment

Whats up with the music at the Ace of Clubs?

The musical score for Stiletto is great and is fully consistent with the score for Season 8, with one glaring exception: the club music at the Ace of Clubs (1st scene) where we focus on Jimmy tending bar. The music consists of a rhythm track with random musical noise pasted in. Being a fan of the show I tend to make excuses for things that don't quite work, so I'm guessing the purpose of the bad music is to reflect the bad taste of the mobsters that run the club (this is the only Ace of Clubs scene on the show with glaringly bad music).

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎