No announcement yet.

When will Peter get his powers back???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by targis
    She tried to in "5 years gone" and she almost made it but she wasn't fast enough.
    Does that mean if Hiro freezes time during a nuclear explosion, that it would continue to explode and not stop?

Comment

maybe daphne can outrun the explosion but she hadnt started running, therefpre got injured b4 she sped away,cus otherwise if the explosion was faster it wud hav caught up and engulfed her completely, her reactions wernt fast enuf,, and i think hiro slows time down at the same level taht daphne speeds up, therfore cancelling each other out,just a thort

Comment

^^^ That, or the formula just didn't work as well as BTNG...

Seriously, Peter's "new" power really isn't that different, except he can only copy one, and the transfer is by touch. The basic concept of copying powers is the same, however.

The formula didn't exist when Arthur took Peter's and Maya's powers, so Arthur's statement is rendered questionable at best in light of the formula. As has been noted, Peter's genes weren't rewritten when Arthur stole his powers, so if he injected himself, it makes sense he would get his old power back, even if in a diluted form. Also, the instant he got his powers back, he rescued Nathan via flying, before he touched him. Perhaps this was a hint of his original power, before degrading to what we've seen in this volume. Or it's another plot hole. But if one can justify a plot hole, that can't be a bad thing...

Comment

It's all left for interpretation and whether you believe Arthur or not. The nothing remained sort of got rebuffed when he tried to offer Peter his powers back shortly before his death.

Arthur's Knowledge:
          He may or may not know what exactly happens when takes peoples' powers. Does stealing one power *telepathy* make him all-knowing about it? True, he only demonstrated that ability, maybe he had others *Prior to Adam, and Peter*. Maybe, maybe not. He did know that Sylar could take all the abilities he wants without killing, demonstrates some powerful knowledge there.

He's a good liar and has every reason to lie to Mohinder and Peter.
          - He manipulated Sylar pretty damn good, even the sob story of how his mother was the villain and tried to drown him when he was a little boy.
          ---Mohinder: He needed his help to work on the formula and saying that Maya was cured completely was his way of sealing the deal and working with him, couldn't have any doubt.
          ---Peter: Telling Peter his powers were gone for good, try and show just hot futile it was to fight his father.

It could be said that Arthur doesn't know that much about genetics. He needed Mohinder to complete the formula, and he even needed him to try and fix the power loss they all experienced due to the Eclipse.

Something has to be left behind:genetic code or memory.

Comment

This is the problem with plot holes. We are left to say, "Well, maybe..." Maybe Arthur was lying. Maybe Arthur didn't know. Maybe Arthur... In past volumes everything was explained so that we could have no doubt as to why things happened the way they did. I realize that some minor things can be left unexplained but something like this needs to be explained to avoid plot holes.

Now if it turns out that Arthur does not actually "delete" the ability from his victim, then Adam should still be alive. He shouldn't have turned to dust since his ability is still intact but only needs to be "turned on" again somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by CompanyMan

Now if it turns out that Arthur does not actually "delete" the ability from his victim, then Adam should still be alive. He shouldn't have turned to dust since his ability is still intact but only needs to be "turned on" again somehow.

Adam should be alive and it dosen't matter if it deleted or just turned off his power because it was working up until that point then up until then his body was working perfectly. I don't see how taking the power away would make him grow older. He should have just started to age again.

Comment

not necessarily... His power was stopped well... his age caught up to him... if you were to gather the dust and find the gene and reactivate it... well he could regen again I guess....

I want peter to get his powers back really...

Comment

I have come to three conclusions from this debate.

1st If Arthur was correct when he said "he goes down deep and leaves nothing" then BTNG can give powers to anybody because of what he did to Hiro.

2nd If Arthur was wrong and Peter got a new power when he took the shot then BTNG should be able to fix Peter like he did Hiro. Because Peter would have his new power from the shot and his disabled EM power.

3rd If Peter got his original power back and his genes were damaged when he took the shot causing his power not to work correctly all he has to do is copy Claires power and he will be absorbing like he was originaly.
                  Last edited by targis; 04-15-2009, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Adam should be alive and it dosen't matter if it deleted or just turned off his power because it was working up until that point then up until then his body was working perfectly. I don't see how taking the power away would make him grow older. He should have just started to age again.
                    Originally posted by the highlander
                    not necessarily... His power was stopped well... his age caught up to him...
                    I just don't see how even though his powers were stopped, his cells deteriated to dust in an instant. IMO it would have been more believable to have him gradually age rather than instantaneously. But I do agree with what targis said about just aging normally.

Originally posted by CompanyMan
                    This is the problem with plot holes. We are left to say, "Well, maybe..." Maybe Arthur was lying. Maybe Arthur didn't know. Maybe Arthur... In past volumes everything was explained so that we could have no doubt as to why things happened the way they did. I realize that some minor things can be left unexplained but something like this needs to be explained to avoid plot holes.

I agree with what you said about leaving things unexplained, but Vol 3 was never famous for writing anyway. Whether it was Arthur lying and the writers leaving it unexplained or just a big continuitty error, like the rest of Vol 3 we'll just have choose to accept. Personally, I would rather go with it being something unexplained by the writers because I despise continuity errors (though it's not like it'll be the first). As far the whole Adam thing goes, it was just unrealistic. He should of survived, but not because his power could have been "turned on" again. Just because a power is "surpressed" and not "deleted" doesn't necessarily mean it could be easily activated. That's why a formula or BTnG was needed.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

I have come to three conlusions from this debate.

1st If Arthur was correct when he said "he goes down deep and leaves nothing" then BTNG can give powers to anybody because of what he did to Hiro.

2nd If Arthur was wrong and Peter got a new power when he took the shot then BTNG should be able to fix Peter like he did Hiro. Because Peter would have his new power from the shot and his disabled EM power.

3rd If Peter got his original power back and his genes were damaged when he took the shot causing his power not to work correctly all he has to do is copy Claires power and he will be absorbing like he was originaly.
                    I rather it be the 3rd conclusion. The first just makes BTNG sound like a human formula. The second would be acceptible though Peter having two powers sounds unnessary.
                    Last edited by super_j_man; 04-15-2009, 08:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Whats BTNG?

Comment

BTNG - Baby Touch-n-Go aka Matt Parkman Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by super_j_man
                          Personally, I would rather go with it being something unexplained by the writers because I despise continuity errors (though it's not like it'll be the first).
                          The more I think of it, the more I agree with this statement. Leaving it unexplained sounds great to me as long as they don't revisit the whole shebang. Leave Peter the way he is and move on.

I should be counted among those who would like to see him be able to stack his abilities, but I also am realistic enough that returning him to empathic mimicry would not be the way to go. The danger is that he could pick up another unstable power like Ted's and wind up overloading again.

Comment

I think if he regains his old power and trains himself then he should be able to control them.

Comment

Actually, they might have to bring Claude back to help him. Last time he tried to handle all those powers alone he wound up overloading a few times.

Comment

Peter's abilties His scar and Season Finale

Has anyone ever considered the fact that Claire is the one to die in the season finale?

I mean think about it....... If they are going towards the 5 years gone future and he is supposed to get his scar and have all of his abilities if claire werent alive he couldnt heal it. She has regenerative capabilities and if he had her ability then he shouldn't have the scar.

This has been driving me nuts. I don't know how the writers are going to tie this into everything.

::SPOILER ALERT::

[SPOILER]Claude is in the finale. IMDB confirms it[/SPOILER]

So I am hoping we see peter get his scar in a final confrontation with sylar and the lead into redemption is a mirror of how season 2 ended with sylar. We see peter having his abilities back and a "to be continued"

I do believe that the death will be nathan though.
                                Last edited by Novak Fan; 04-16-2009, 04:22 PM. Reason: The color still can be visible, just use the word spoiler instead

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎