3 7.69%

2 5.13%

1 2.56%

0 0%

2 5.13%
  • 1 (worst)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of 1961?

Discuss here.

Everything about the episode was cool except Alice or should I make that OLD and CRAZY Alice.. I laughed until I cried seeing her...it was ridiculous. It would've been far more effective having Angela find her grave and have her weep over her bones. Instead we got an absurd story of Alice surviving alone for 50 years in the middle of nowhere. But granted theres a town and diner nearby. And apparently she "does what she has too in order to survive". Meaning steal from town folk and whatnot. Are we to believe she never wanted to find her sister? EVER? COME ON, I feel it was a dumb move by the writers to have a grown Alice...It's just DUMB. I rated it a 5/10.

Society of Super Mods STFanatic's Avatar
    I really liked it, though since the other guys showed powers, I was hoping Bob would turn a french fry into gold.

Then I was thinking maybe Bob and Alice would hook up and that is how Elle gained electric powers.

I thought it was twisted and very Heroes-esque. Reminded me of the Company Man episode from the first season. Loved the mention of Angela being klepto for socks. It totally makes sense now!!

Quote Originally Posted by warriorrenegade View Post
    Everything about the episode was cool except Alice or should I make that OLD and CRAZY Alice.. I laughed until I cried seeing her...it was ridiculous. It would've been far more effective having Angela find her grave and have her weep over her bones. Instead we got an absurd story of Alice surviving alone for 50 years in the middle of nowhere. But granted theres a town and diner nearby. And apparently she "does what she has too in order to survive". Meaning steal from town folk and whatnot. Are we to believe she never wanted to find her sister? EVER? COME ON, I feel it was a dumb move by the writers to have a grown Alice...It's just DUMB. I rated it a 5/10.
    I liked older Alice. Alice went through so much trauma, just imagine being so young and being responsible for so many deaths. You can tell she depended so much on her older sister, she must not have not known what to do without her. The older Alice had gone through so much. Her parents died. Her own sister left her for dead. She was obviously went a little loony through all what had happened.

The episode was awesome IMO, but I will admit it I would have prefered this story arc earlier in the volume or better yet kept for volume 5. With it being three episodes till the end of the season, we should have had an episode that dealt with the overall main plot.

Other than that, this episode was great. Pretty good acting, though off at times and it was full of character development. I liked seeing the young company form and it gave an explanation on why it was formed in the first place. Other things were revealed like Deveaux's power (it's about time), socks, and why Angela is the way she is. Deveaux's power (same as Matt's) makes complete sense, but I do wish it was more original. Can't wait for the next episode and for the return of the main story!

Heroes is really starting to lose me again. I feel like no matter how many episodes of this show I watch, nothing ever happens. When was the last time they had a power battle. Frankly I think it has become a show about regular people with weird problems. Please bring back Peter's powers and lets see an epic fight scene.

Complete Maniac haydenclaireheroes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilah View Post
    I thought it was twisted and very Heroes-esque. Reminded me of the Company Man episode from the first season. Loved the mention of Angela being klepto for socks. It totally makes sense now!!
    i thought the same when i was watching it. i loved how it was the past and the present. It was also great were claire relized were she can not grow up just yet.

New In Town
    it was required.

8/10 for me because I don't believe Alice would have stayed there in the bunker for 50 years.

Forum Regular Litle bit more bizarre's Avatar
    Slovakia - small europe country which noone knows
    6 because of ending

It seemed more like a retcon than an flashback episode. I suppose now I'll have to go back and re-watch season one episodes where Chandra Suresh is involved. It appears to me that they re-wrote Chandra's history involving his genetical research.

I find it hard to understand what 1961 has to do with the current situation in Washington, so I'm assuming it was aired primarily to set up future episodes, perhaps in volume 5 next year. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I'll rate it an 8, because the episode raised more questions than it answered, for me. The acting was excellent, and we were treated to more character development. To me, character development is more important than rock-em, sock-em type of action.

Quote Originally Posted by CompanyMan View Post
    It seemed more like a retcon than an flashback episode. I suppose now I'll have to go back and re-watch season one episodes where Chandra Suresh is involved. It appears to me that they re-wrote Chandra's history involving his genetical research.
    Its just a guess, but he could have had his memory wiped. You never know with Heroes.

7/10 - Liked Young Angela. Not sure why Angela had to go see her sister. Doesn't make any sense to me why Mo's father is involved in the camp. I didn't really seem like he knew much of anything in Season 1. Good see Mo being remorseful about his actions. Sylar really wants to be Nathan. It seems like all the things they were trying to prevent in Season One are happening anyway. This episode left me with more questions than answers. Can't wait til next week.

Quote Originally Posted by CompanyMan View Post

I find it hard to understand what 1961 has to do with the current situation in Washington, so I'm assuming it was aired primarily to set up future episodes, perhaps in volume 5 next year. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I'll rate it an 8, because the episode raised more questions than it answered, for me. The acting was excellent, and we were treated to more character development. To me, character development is more important than rock-em, sock-em type of action.

You know... I didn't get that. I think it made perfect sense. Chandra really wanted to help them, but it really was all in the name of science... Unfortunately, the situation with Alice escalated causing the deaths of everyone there.

Fast forward to almost 50 years later, he knows there are people with abilities out there but no one believes him. Remember his sole purpose for going to the states was to find them. Hence where The List came up. The Company at the time was catching people with abilities, now we know why... it was to protect the existence of those immediate members and their families. Chandra was trying to warn the people on the list. Then he finds Sylar, Sylar kills him and goes on impersonating him, finding people with abilities and stealing their abilities and killing them. Bring in Mohinder to find out why his father died, Sylar and Mohinder meet up. Mohinder works with Sylar to "warn" people with abilities, but Sylar would just go back and kill them. Mohinder finds out Sylar killed his dad... Sylar is the villain of the show and then you got the rest of season 1... so yeah it made a lot of sense actually...

I just saw Heroes on G4. I thought it was pretty good! I give it a 8/10..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast