No announcement yet.

Was there a prophesy and was it averted

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was there a prophesy and was it averted

Was there a real prophesy and was it averted or was it a fake? The boys were on some sort of a case that brought them to the comic book store. Did a higher power lead them there for good or evil. If they never met the Prophet Chuck, they wouldn't known about Lilith being in town and that Sam would supposedly sleep with her.

Now if the vision that Chuck saw was truthful and written in stone, it didn't look like Sam was going to sleep with Lilith. If Sam was going to sleep with Lilith then Dean changed the future with Chuck's and Castiel's help. That means that the future or Sam's destiny is not set in stone and can be changed.

I think this newest Angel is on the Demon's side.

They were on a case of a "haunted" comic shop, but it turned out to have some kind of angelic power over it which led to the Winchesters to visit it, which they didn't know(that's what I got out of it).

And Chuck only had a vision of Lilith meeting Sam, although he wrote down that they had sex, which kind of made no sense, lol.

And I think Zachariah is one of the good guys; because if he wasn't, why did he help Dean? Uriel was a evil sob, and he never did help Dean in any way.

Comment

Near the end of the episode, when Dean wanted Chuck to go with him to confront Lillith, Chuck said that's not how he saw it. So Dean was able to change Chuck's vision and maybe that's why Zachariah doesn't want him to tell the boys what he saw.

Comment

Yes, because Chuck saw them meet. He ONLY saw them meet; he never said he saw them have sex in his vision, he only wrote it down that they did.

Comment

from what he saw it looked like the logical conclusion. as for never seeing him there. he didnt see everything in his vision. as for dean changing the vision by coming there, he didnt if he hadnt come in sam would be dead cuz sam was never planing on sleeping with lillith he was planning on stabbing her. dean came in just as lillith was about to kill sam

Comment

I don't believe prophecies are as set in stone as Castiel believes...

Personally, i think it's that belief in the lack of certainty that breaks prophecies... those like Dean who are without faith can CHANGE the 'set in stone' course of action

Comment

real prophecies by real prophet (which there havent been for 2000 yrs) are only set in stone if they are good prophecies bad ones can change.

Comment

Originally posted by flying_girl
                real prophecies by real prophet (which there havent been for 2000 yrs) are only set in stone if they are good prophecies bad ones can change.

thats just like religion. though i love the fact that we saw a poster of the supernatural comic book on chuck's wall. kinda off topic, thats fine

Comment

The whole "prophet" thing was kind of dumb, in my opinion. Sam had visions all the time in the first couple seasons, and he was also constantly in peril. No archangels showed up to protect him. Of course, this could possibly be explained away as Sam's visions are "bad" because they let him change the supposed future and protect people, while Chuck's visions are "good" because... I can't think of any reasons. If the future really can't be changed, then what's the point of warning people about it? There isn't one, except to panic people (what a loving God). It'll happen regardless of any warnings, exactly as it was meant to.

Also, they really screwed up on the whole "gospel" thing. None of the supposed gospel writers were prophets according to any religion. They were all writing about Jesus' life after the fact. It's a pretty sucky prophet that can only see stuff that's already happened. If that were the case, then I might as well refer to myself as a prophet (He Who Lurks, Prophet Extraordinaire). The Book of Revelations was supposedly written by a prophet (John of Patmos, who isn't the same guy as the supposed author of the gospel of John, John the Evangelist), but that's not considered a gospel.

Also, in the time when these books were written, "prophet" was pretty much synonymous with "crazy guy who happens to belong to my religion". At least they got that part right. A guy who spends all day every day in an alcoholic haze really shouldn't be pointing out the dependencies of others. "Those who live in glass houses..." and all.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎