Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eternal = one of the best episodes of the series?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way. It was slow, repetitious, boring. For those that read the spoilers, this episode offered almost nothing new. Plus, it had Tess playing a ridiculous Nightingale "bed time story reader".

DUMB. DUMB. DUMB. This episode was in severe need of another plotline to keep me entertained.

Comment

Originally posted by davidbrenton
      No way. It was slow, repetitious, boring. For those that read the spoilers, this episode offered almost nothing new. Plus, it had Tess playing a ridiculous Nightingale "bed time story reader".

DUMB. DUMB. DUMB. This episode was in severe need of another plotline to keep me entertained.
      Yup, that pretty much sums it up. And, any enjoyment I felt about this episode was ruined by Tess.

Comment

Originally posted by Kschreck
        The plotholes completely kill this episode for me. On top of that, I don't like the direction that they are once again taking Chloe in after a promising previous episode with Chloe embracing her position as watchtower. This episode felt like bad writing in comparison to a solid last week episode.

That being said, I am glad that you at least enjoyed it. I hate to see the reviews for this episode when they start coming out.
        ITA

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by EternalTwilight
        any enjoyment I felt about this episode was ruined by Tess.
        Me, too.
        Last edited by Minela; 04-03-2009, 10:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Seemed like a filler episode at best. I understand the reason some of you liked it, but retconning the Luthor backstory. I believe they went a way overboard. Now you must understand I am not a fan of the 'Veritas' arc either. And now Tess knows!!!! It reminds me of Spiderman 2 -- who doesn't know is probably easier to count than who does.

Comment

Filler? Um, no. Hex was filler Stilletto looks like filler. Eternal certainly wasn't.

Yep, one of the best episodes of the series. I was shocked, like why am I enjoying this (I enjoyed Turbulence too)? I always go in expecting the worst. Anyway, loved it!

Comment

If you ignore the glaring plotholes and continuity errors which are incredibly annoying to watch as a long time fan, then yes. I felt Eternal was definitely up there at least when looking at season 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Alicia's Sweetie
                Seemed like a filler episode at best. I understand the reason some of you liked it, but retconning the Luthor backstory. I believe they went a way overboard. Now you must understand I am not a fan of the 'Veritas' arc either. And now Tess knows!!!! It reminds me of Spiderman 2 -- who doesn't know is probably easier to count than who does.
                This eppy taken on its own was extremely entertaining to me - it was fresh and had some new interactions - loved Tess and Davis - finally got a change of venue for them - Chloe going over to the dark side (or is she) was pretty cool.

I think we - the fans - have to understand that when these eppies were conceived, it wasn't cetain that a season 9 would go.

Hey guys (and girls) its Superman (soap opera style) -

I enjoy it for what it is - entertaining.

MHO

Cage

Comment

I thought it was good, but not one of the best of the series.
                  I gave it an 8 though.

Comment

Eternal goes in my top 5 most hated episodes... it was simply awful... the writers just didn't give a rats arse about what has ACTUALLY happened in the series, showing how bad they are at their jobs...

Comment

I LOVED the episode. TOP 5 EVER!!!!

Comment

No every character in the episode got on my nerves... every one... well not little Lex but... I'm not sure that counts...

Clark was... blaming himself for Davis' hard life... like it was his fault.
                        Chloe was... queen of the unfaithful martyrs who just brushed the field full of bodies under the rug.
                        Davis was... well Davis and I haven't liked him in a long time...
                        and Tess wouldn't shut up about comparing Clark to Jesus... we got it the first time! That and it was old the first time someone got indignant about Clark not sharing his secret... Why couldn't she be more like Lionel and just smile when he hides it?

Comment

It was really good.

Comment

I have to agree and say that this episode is in the top. I loved episode and I have already watched it 3 times since it aired. It had Chlavis and intersting storytelling and more importantly = NO JIMMY OR LOIS...
                            Definitely my top 10...

Comment

No way

Comment

Originally posted by Maria1023
                                I have to agree and say that this episode is in the top. I loved episode and I have already watched it 3 times since it aired. It had Chlavis and intersting storytelling and more importantly = NO JIMMY OR LOIS...
                                Definitely my top 10...
                                I've watched it 3 times too and the Chloe/Davis scenes like twelve times already!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎