No announcement yet.

Medical Question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Question

would Claires liver regenerating actualy keep her from getting drunk I know alcohol damages your liver but I though the actual drunk feeling had to do with it altering brain chemestry or something

cell membranes are highly absorptive to alcohol so essentially once alcohol enters the bloodstream nearly every tissue in your body is affected. It is okay to theoretically assume that her power prevents alcohol from affecting physiological functions.

The liver is responsible for breaking alcohol which results in our hangovers and dehydration...so she wouldn't have to worry about those during and later but you're right as it isn't really relevant to the actual feeling of intoxication..long term alcohol use can slowly damage the liver...as for the drunkenness feeling that is due to alcohol's affect on the central nervous system...affecting crazy important things like neurotransmitter activity and therefore slowing down functions in your brain...it's actually WAY more complex than anything but I guess simplified here to give some sort of explanation to the common viewer...

since neurotransmitters and receptors everything in your body is made up of cell units...I suppose her power prevents any foreign substance from deactivating/retarding/preventing normal physiological functions of those cells.

Comment

Hey j-kent thanks for the info

Comment

no problemo!

Comment

I wondered that too. It is your brain that is affected creating the drunk feeling. Maybe they were just giving her a blonde moment, she is only supposed to be 17.

Comment

Originally posted by bertjo44
            I wondered that too. It is your brain that is affected creating the drunk feeling. Maybe they were just giving her a blonde moment, she is only supposed to be 17.
            Yeah I really didn't fault Claire for making the statement as she wouldn't know how her powers work just sounded odd when I heard it

Comment

ya claire really does not know that much about her power and mabe this was a guess on her part.

Comment

Originally posted by jsith99
                would Claires liver regenerating actualy keep her from getting drunk I know alcohol damages your liver but I though the actual drunk feeling had to do with it altering brain chemestry or something
                The short answer is no. The alcohol will enter into the bloodstream pretty quickly after entering the stomach. I'm just chalking up her remark about her liver as being a witty response to her bio-dad. Or an ignorant one. Or both.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎