19 33.33%
  • No

20 35.09%
  • Not sure

18 31.58%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Jesse Dead?

Is Jesse Dead?

Derek just repeated 'John Connor said to let her go' but does that mean Jesse is dead?

I think not. But I am not really sure. I just have this feeling they left it the way they did for great drama and to leave a little room for change, just in case...

I was so confused by him saying that.

So maybe like when Derek was talking about how they don't always agree with and understand John, they still follow him. I guess that means he didn't kill her.

UGH but it would make no sense to keep her alive..

Not sure. He did squeeze the trigger though we all saw it. They've really left it up in the air haven't they? Geesh. Also is anyone else now finding themselves liking Jesse more now? I guess for me theres more of a character there. More fleshed out now we know more about her than just her brooding boring self. Now she's showing us more emotions and having more of a personality. But maybe thats just me .

"john connor let her go"
    I think it basically means that since Derek would likely emulate John Conner, he probably let her go, too.
    BTW, the last sound of that scene with Derek and Jesse was the click of the trigger and to me, it seemed like it was saying the barrel was empty or else it misfired.

Lurking in your local Bladesworn's Avatar

click

Derek pulled the trigger, but you never heard the gun go off... I thought I heard only a click. Which means Derek fired, but ther were no bullets in the gun. It was a symbolic shooting. John Connor said let her go. Derek, being the good soldier, followed orders and let her go and live, but symbollically shot her with an empty gun, meaning that he "killed" her in his heart and doesn't see her as an ally/friend/lover anymore.

Or I could be wrong and am seeing too much into it. However, as John said... "Why did I send a machine back. It's because human life is too valuable to waste.".

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesworn View Post
    Derek pulled the trigger, but you never heard the gun go off... I thought I heard only a click. Which means Derek fired, but ther were no bullets in the gun. It was a symbolic shooting. John Connor said let her go. Derek, being the good soldier, followed orders and let her go and live, but symbollically shot her with an empty gun, meaning that he "killed" her in his heart and doesn't see her as an ally/friend/lover anymore.

Or I could be wrong and am seeing too much into it. However, as John said... "Why did I send a machine back. It's because human life is too valuable to waste.".
    Makes sense to me. And seems like the route TSCC would go down.

Forum Regular
    I think she is alive, but unless there is a season 3, we wont see her again.

Quote Originally Posted by KryptoKnight View Post
    "john connor let her go"
    I think it basically means that since Derek would likely emulate John Conner, he probably let her go, too.
    BTW, the last sound of that scene with Derek and Jesse was the click of the trigger and to me, it seemed like it was saying the barrel was empty or else it misfired.
    Thats the feeling I got too. That the gun maybe wasnt loaded and Derek just wanted her believe he would have done it had it really been loaded.

New In Town
    I think she's still alive. Derek is still a soldier and even though John is younger I think he still respects John's decisions. Especially after the "just waiting for John Connor to be human" line. John letting Jesse go was him being human and what Derek has been waiting to see. Probably Derek either didn't chamber a round or just unloaded the gun while he was waiting.

I think she's dead... but I hope that she's not. I've had... not really a change of heart about Jesse... but I don't think it would be right of Derek to kill her.

I reject your reality dru-zod2501's Avatar
    I think she's alive, but now she knows never to go anywhere near John or Derek again. They're both too good at what they do to not know if she ever came back. So to all the Jesse haters, don't worry she's never coming back

I don't think Jesse's dead, but I don't think they can just let her walk away, either. They should at least grill her to find out if they can get the names of any of the future mutineers out of her. She maybe knows very little, those who sent her maybe saw to that in case she was caught. But Team Connor should at least try to see if they can get any information out of her. It might not be too useful now, but it would be in the future. Even if Jesse is alive, I doubt we'll see her again for awhile, just to keep us guessing if she's dead or alive. But all the loose ends of her story haven't been tied up yet. It doesn't seem logical that they would let her walk or kill her without first interrogating her about who sent her...maybe in the way she interrogated Fischer.
    Last edited by Iggy-101; 03-20-2009 at 11:40 PM.

Posting Pro
    I think the "John Connor told me to let her go" line was supposed to give John "deniability" for lack of a better term. This way John is in no way responsible for Jesse's death, and if he is ever asked he honestly knows nothing about it. There is no point to Derek having an empty gun, she turned and he pulled the trigger, any instillation of fear over Derek's willingness to shoot her would have instantly disappeared once nothing happened.

I'm on the fence. "John Connor let her go" could mean either "You said to let her go, so I let her go" or "You said to let her go, so you aren't to blame for her death and that's what's important."

Could go either way, imo.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast