No announcement yet.

Mistakes, Plotholes & Inconsistencies in Turbulence

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistakes, Plotholes & Inconsistencies in Turbulence

I noticed how there was a scene between Chloe & Davis where Davis said how he told Chloe he moved on. This is a mistake, because that conversation was in the first timeline of Infamous, which never happened after Clark went back in time.

Maybe it happened again in Offscreenville. DUN DUN DUN!

Comment

If Clark didn't fly, then the force of fall should have killed Tess.

Comment

Originally posted by deanropi
        Yeah. I mentioned this in another thread too. It's just ridiculous. We are being short changed with Clark's heroics because:

1. He has no costume and runs through as a streak taking any enjoyment from seeing his heroics

2. Flight & any attempt at flight is still being avoided, forcing TPTB not to show his heroics to avoid being widely criticized

Comment

Xrayvision, I agree.

However, I did read in other posts, maybe s7 ep "Action", that there is some kind of aura about Clark/Superman that protects people he's holding from these death problems.

Also, I like to think of Smallville and Superman as fantasy instead of science fiction. The one thing that separates real science fiction from fantasy IMO is that the laws of physics and nature still need to apply in scifi. Whereas, in fantasy, these laws can go out the window and you can make up whatever rules you want, as long as these rules are consistent throughout the story. Whether Smallville is consistent or not, I'm not sure. As for as people not dying while Clark is holding and protecting them from different dangers, this seems to be consistent.

Also, I was thinking about it last night, seeing Clark as a streak isn't much different than watching Lee Majors running around as the 6 mill $ man. Except Clark is faster and the methods of the fx are different.

I still proudly love Smallville!

Comment

yeah at this point he's gonna be the flash, not superman, how's that for a plothole, the Flash is really clark kent hahahahahaha

Comment

Whoa, you're right, xrayvision. That's a pretty huge error -- and the second time they've referenced or shown something that only happened in another timeline -- like the picture of Lana and Clark that was seen in one episode this season (can't remember which) and featured them at Jonathan's campaign party together, which only happened the first time around in "Reckoning," right before Lana died and Clark changed the timeline there, too.

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

I think that Clark is not being honest when he tells Chloe and whoever else that he is not "flying."

He never creates huge crators with his landings like Hancock did (lol!). He has more control over gravity's effects and therefore his ability to control his acceleration than he is letting on.

He can call them leaps or jumps but they are getting too elegant for him not to consider that he has the latent ability to hover and fly. He just needs to practice and perfect flying.

The bigger question is why would he not want to fly? I read in a post that perhaps he will no longer feel like a human if he starts flying. There could be something there.

I just think it is time. He seemed so pumped at the beginning of Turbulence when he was telling Chloe about his RBB exploits. The double identity seems to have lifted a big burden from him so that he can actually enjoy his "blurring." How much more of a rush would he get from flying!

Comment

Originally posted by deanropi
                  This reminds me of an episode of The Big Bang Theory where Sheldon points out that, in Superman, when Lois Lane falls out of the helicopter, the force of Superman's arms impacting against her body when he catches her should have split her in three!

He probably needs to get out more(!)

Comment

Like Chloe said, Clark' emphatically trusting people get's him into trouble.

"oooh Clark, I looked....no parachutes"
                    And the title of biggest boob for not using what your folks gave you........ Goes to Clark Kent for non use of his Xray vision.

Tell him what he won Don Pardo.

Mr.Kent you've won yet another installment of women with ulterior motives giving you bags and bags of drama.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                      I noticed how there was a scene between Chloe & Davis where Davis said how he told Chloe he moved on. This is a mistake, because that conversation was in the first timeline of Infamous, which never happened after Clark went back in time.
                      I thought in "Infamous," it was Chloe who said that they need to move on? So would Davis be refering to Offscreenville, or something from a different episode that I'm forgetting about?

Comment

Originally posted by stenochick
                        I think that Clark is not being honest when he tells Chloe and whoever else that he is not "flying."

He never creates huge crators with his landings like Hancock did (lol!). He has more control over gravity's effects and therefore his ability to control his acceleration than he is letting on.

He can call them leaps or jumps but they are getting too elegant for him not to consider that he has the latent ability to hover and fly. He just needs to practice and perfect flying.

The bigger question is why would he not want to fly? I read in a post that perhaps he will no longer feel like a human if he starts flying. There could be something there.

I just think it is time. He seemed so pumped at the beginning of Turbulence when he was telling Chloe about his RBB exploits. The double identity seems to have lifted a big burden from him so that he can actually enjoy his "blurring." How much more of a rush would he get from flying!
                        I wonder myself if he's being completely honest about flying. Maybe I'm still in denial.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
                          I thought in "Infamous," it was Chloe who said that they need to move on? So would Davis be refering to Offscreenville, or something from a different episode that I'm forgetting about?
                          It was, but that was in the 1st timeline, which was erased.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by BULLITT
                          Like Chloe said, Clark' emphatically trusting people get's him into trouble.

"oooh Clark, I looked....no parachutes"
                          And the title of biggest boob for not using what your folks gave you........ Goes to Clark Kent for non use of his Xray vision.

Tell him what he won Don Pardo.

Mr.Kent you've won yet another installment of women with ulterior motives giving you bags and bags of drama.
                          I hope he was smart enough to superspeed to the nearest airport in Phoenix and steal a parachute to cover his ass.

I also hope he made sure the plane didn't kill anyone when it crashed.
                          Last edited by xrayvision; 03-21-2009, 09:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

When it comes to a show about an alien with superpowers arriving on Earth, I think that we can let it slide when the laws of physics are stretched a few times lol. If you want to get real technical, Clark shouldn't be able to carry anyone at super speed either, since the human body wouldn't be able to with stand the force of moving at that level of speed with no protection around it.

Comment

I hope nobody minds if I pull away from the flying subject for a second to see if anyone caught a mistake in one of the Clark/Tess scenes. I'll give you a hint. It occurs just after the explosion on the plane when Clark and Tess go in seperate directions. But it's rectified when they reconnect again.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎