No announcement yet.

Sun the Only One Left Out?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun the Only One Left Out?!?!?

Why was Sun (not including Ben/Locke) the only one that was left out of the time jump to the Dharma Initiative days?

That is unusual... I'm not sure why that would be. Is it because she had allied herself with Charles Widmore? Is the Island testing her by keeping her separated from her husband? I haven't the foggiest why that would have happened, but the writers obviously did it to create more tension and make us WAIT even longer for the pair of Jin and Sun to be reunited.

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

maybe because she didnt bring her daughter back and has to be in real time and bring back her daughter to the island.

Comment

...or maybe it was because she had a constant....Jin's wedding ring.

I'm curious to know how she is gonna get back to 1977.
        Last edited by BAMAGIRL; 03-19-2009, 12:39 PM.

Comment

I think it was just a writing choice so they could hold off the reunion between her and Jin. Maybe she has to do something first for the island and then she'll be able to go back.

Comment

Ben was left out of the time jump as well.

Theories are going around that Ben couldn't go back to 1977 because his young self was already there, which brings up the question: Was Sun there in 1977 as well? Is that why she didn't go back in time?

I buy it for a dollar

Comment

Originally posted by Tabularasa
              I think it was just a writing choice so they could hold off the reunion between her and Jin. Maybe she has to do something first for the island and then she'll be able to go back.
              ya im thinking the island places people where there needed.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
              Ben was left out of the time jump as well.

Theories are going around that Ben couldn't go back to 1977 because his young self was already there, which brings up the question: Was Sun there in 1977 as well? Is that why she didn't go back in time?

I buy it for a dollar
              could be 2 people cant be in the same time frame but when there were time traveling they were around when thereselves were on the island just they didnt see themselves. like locke knew that the light in the sky ment he was looking into the hatch.
              Last edited by superhippie2000; 03-19-2009, 01:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Do we even know that sun and them are not in the late 70's early 80's I thought the plane crashed after jack and them who are in 77 but I don't think sun and the plane's other people are in the present day either. I thought when we saw jack, kate and everybody it was 77 then it said 3 years later and shows sun, ben and everyone on the plane wich would mean it would be 1980 that sun and everybody are in so jin and and sun are not as far away from eachother in time as they could be.

Comment

said 30 years later.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                    said 30 years later.
                    It did I swore it only said 3 years later I guess I have to rewatch the episode.

Comment

nope 30 i think it was just confusing that it was 3 years back and forth for so long it doesnt seem like it would be 30 now. plus the picture Sun saw of the other losties was really really old.

Comment

I think that at one point this season the two lost crew (past and present survivors) are going to meet in a neutral plain. IMO...Sun was selected to be that neutral party that brings them together. The way that Christian discribed it, Sun has a long journey ahead. She'll have to find a way to bring herself to Jin or vise versa and subsequently bring both crews together.
                        Last edited by darkphoenix21; 03-20-2009, 08:56 PM.

Comment

thats true maybe there is something that will go on that makes sun the one who makes things right. maybe she has something to do with widmore getting to the island since they did work together off the island. i wonder if "everyone" getting back to the island really ment everyone. widmore said he was tricked off the island so if he was tricked off the island might still need him. and with jin in the past and sun in the future sun is probably the only one with something to gain by saving the island.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎