Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cancelled!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nnnnnnnooooooooooo............... I loved this show!! it was awesome!! It had a little bit of everything: Action, comedy, a cool car, an awesome main character!! I miss miss it so!!

Comment

Originally posted by Clois4eva89
      Maybe NBC stands for the 'Network that cancels good shows Because we feel like it Channel'.
      Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Joecooler2u
        I grew up with the original. That being said this version was very enjoyable to me. Some of the stories could have been better, but I liked it for the most part. I'm sure they'll still put it out on dvd. I'm disappointed in NBC for canceling it. Why not move it to Sci-Fi or USA or something? Maybe even make it a summer show or air it like USA does with Psych, Monk and Criminal Intent (well CI is not a good example they keep putting off this coming season).

Really we can't expect Hoff and the original gang and car to come back. You can't turn back the clock beyond getting out the old series and watching it again. I really liked some of the new technology and ideas though making KARR a robot turned me off some. I'd have liked to have seen KITT vs KARR in car mode. This series had some fans. Networks need to realize some of us DVR or TIVO shows. I've been doing that for years now. Maybe they should look into counting that as ratings. It's sad that one of my current fav shows is gone. Thing is NBC only has me for Heroes, Law and Orders (SVU and original).

Whatever happened to the days of giving shows a chance? Seinfeld wasn't a smash from day one. Hell the first year sucked IMO. It got better when they found a purpose. I think this Knight Rider was searching for it's identity. Sometimes it hit the mark and sometimes it didn't. I would have kept watching it.
        I still say it's not out of the realm of possibility to get Hasselhoff and the original KITT back. If nothing else they could do like Smaillville did with the Tom Wopat episode; go to the fan that have made their own KITT and use that.

I realize it's likely a moot point now that it's likely canceled, but you'd think if Smallville did it Knight Rider could too.

Comment

Originally posted by Clois4eva89
          Maybe NBC stands for the 'Network that cancels good shows Because we feel like it Channel'.
          Agreed! Between this, Journeyman, My Own Worst Enemy, even Bionic Woman had potential...

This is the problem when there's too much attention given to reality TV.

Comment

Yeah, I miss the days when the main purpose of television was getting an escape from reality, not duplicating it to the umpteenth degree.

Comment

The fans who compared it to the original means they wanted it to fail deep down even if the show was a direct copy of the original they will still be complaining about something, while fans who didn't compare it to the original really enjoyed the show while it also bought in fans new to the world of Knight Rider. As I said before I think ratings are made up giving TV networks, TV channels and TV companies an excuse to axe shows. They just can't be bothered to pay writers and actors at the end of the day and prefer to air reality shows instead.
              To quote Homer Simpson "NBC, Never Been Crappier".

Comment

Originally posted by drew-crypto84
                The fans who compared it to the original means they wanted it to fail deep down even if the show was a direct copy of the original they will still be complaining about something, while fans who didn't compare it to the original really enjoyed the show while it also bought in fans new to the world of Knight Rider..
                No. I gave the new show I try. I watched the cheesy original as a young girl and have seen re runs when I got older. Too much bad acting drove me away. I'm also someone who liked the new Bionic Woman. I even bought the DVD set recently because it was cheap. The remakes are getting boring in tv and the movies but I like sci-fi and fantasy the most so will give most of those kind of shows a try.

Comment

I think that the guy they had to play Michael Knight was a decent actor (could have been a little more convincing at times) But Craig Bonnie and Hoff did get together hence the resulting charecter Michael Tracer.

Comment

Uhhh, Bonnie was not Mike's mother.... If she was that would create even more problems.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLS
                      Not happy.
                      I am. They went about the reboot in a completely wrong way.

Comment

Originally posted by PHOENIXZERO
                        Uhhh, Bonnie was not Mike's mother.... If she was that would create even more problems.
                        In the made for tv movie that came out before the series they showed Bonnie as his mother

Comment

post deleted
                          Last edited by KSiteTV; 03-11-2009, 01:08 PM. Reason: Petitions are not permitted

Comment

signed though i doubt NBC will even care about the petition

Comment

I was really getting back into the show after the "reboot" - I hope they fill the rest of the season with good stuff so I have a reason to buy the DVD set...

This sucks - it was starting to find a good groove...

Maybe the Hoff can save it?

Comment

Originally posted by adromidon
                                In the made for tv movie that came out before the series they showed Bonnie as his mother
                                No she wasn't. Patrisha McPhereson wasn't in the movie, and none of the credits list the character of Bonnie Barstow or even Bonnie for that matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎