No announcement yet.

#1.17: "I Love The Knight Life" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1.17: "I Love The Knight Life" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread

Hopefully this isn't the final episode of the series, but either way, talk about the March 4 episode here!

Less than 12 hours

We only have 17 episodes, cause after the first 13, TPTB picked up the back 9,
    and then took away 5 episodes. Am I remembering right?

So, with all of NBC shows down in the ratings, they might just keep KR if they have
    Ford advertising. Maybe?

Comment

I am really disappointed that KR was not promo'd more after the "reboot". The last few episode's have been so much better and nobody knows about it. I have been trying to convince people to give it another chance. So many people I know watched the first few episodes and just did not care for it and quit watching.

Once I explain to them that they completely changed the format, got rid of a lot of characters, etc. some of them have agreed to give it another chance.

If NBC had run a bunch of trailers for KR, showing the direction that they were going with this, I think they might have drawn people back in.

It does not really matter at this point, I am just hoping for a strong season finale and I am keeping my fingers crossed that NBC picks it up for a second season and they continue with this format!

Comment

With NCIS being a rerun tonight, it should somewhat help the ratings.

Comment

I agree, the last few shows have been really good. NBC has done nothing to promote the show. We should all write/email NBC and let them know how we feel about knight rider and that if they promote it more, in magazines, TV guide, and commercials, they'd get more people to watch it.

Comment

Another great episode. I just hope it was not the last one.

... One man can make a difference... as long as he has a tricked out car!

Comment

I enjoyed tonight's episode for the most part, although I'm still sick of Michael winding up in places full of bikini-clad women, which often serve no other purpose than to jack up the ratings.

The actual story was pretty good this time around, although the villain's eyes changing color reminded me of the Hulk. I liked the sonic cannon, and the references to FLAG, but overall I think the show still needs some work. The final scene was good, and seeing michael drunk was actually funny. I just hope that if "Knight Rider" gets a second year, it's ten times better than this year has been.

Comment

I love this show, i hope that they don't cancel it. Tonights eposide was great, funny when michael got drunk and i just love the way he and kitt get along. Please, please, don't cancel it. Give it a second chance.

Comment

I have to say this episode is perfect Knight Rider. It had all the elements it should have. It started with Michael o the road. It had some great banter from KITT. Michael didn't carry a gun. KITT didn't use his guns. KITT drove on his own more than we've seen before. It even had a scene filmed the same way as the original. The scene showing KITT from the front with just Michael's head in view through the windsheild was done several times in the original.

The ending was absolutely awesome with the reference to the original cases and and all the "one man.." talk.

The only real problem I had was even explained well too. The part where KITT drove Michael back against his wishes bothered me until they explained why Sarah did it.

The only thing that even could've been done better was the valet scene. It was still awesome, but it would've been better if KITT had parked himself. It was still done extremely well though.

Even with that tiny part i still have to give this one 10/10. That episode alone has cemented it as a welcome addition to the franchise and will be bought on DVD the second it's released.

Comment

I think this episode warrants a second chance for KR. Be good to see a second season.

Mike drunk was fantastic, haha.

Comment

Overnights:
                      NBC capped off Wednesday with the series-finale of Knight Rider (Viewers: #2, 5.76 million; A18-49: #2, 1.8/ 5)

He must be guessing it's the Series finale, cause nothing has been announced.
                      KR did good in the Demo, against "ratings beast" AI.

Comment

loved this episode. really hoping a second season will get a go.
                        One other thing i loved and i am not sure alot of people made the connection was the remark of a drunk michael knight wanting a hamburger... why does that sound so familiar?

not to mention Templeton Benedict. Another hommage to another 80's series. The A-team's faceman Templeton Peck played by Dirk Benedict.
                        Last edited by cybevenom; 03-05-2009, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cybevenom
                          loved this episode. really hoping a second season will get a go.
                          One other thing i loved and i am not sure alot of people made the connection was the remark of a drunk michael knight wanting a hamburger... why does that sound so familiar?

not to mention Templeton Benedict. Another hommage to another 80's series. The A-team's faceman Templeton Peck played by Dirk Benedict.
                          I forgot about the hamburger thing until you mentioned it. You're right. The original Michael was ordering a hamburger many times. I remember one episode where He and Devon were at a fancy restaurant and Michael ordered a hambruger. He then told the waiter he could get one next door when the when the waiter gave him an "are you kidding" look.

Comment

I loved KITT's new US emitter. Also, ST your avatar is making me hungry!

Comment

Originally posted by Antithesis
                              I forgot about the hamburger thing until you mentioned it. You're right. The original Michael was ordering a hamburger many times. I remember one episode where He and Devon were at a fancy restaurant and Michael ordered a hambruger. He then told the waiter he could get one next door when the when the waiter gave him an "are you kidding" look.

I think he was talking more about this thing here:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎