No announcement yet.

peters power

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whitearrow
    I think that was angela said to nathan. "He is getting stronger" or something along those lines.
    I just watched it again, and Angela didn't say anything like that. Unless, you were talking about when she whispered in Nathan's ear?

I just really hope he gets them back before too long. Or I can join the 8 million other people that have stopped watching this show--can't believe I'd ever say that.

Comment

whatever she said it was about Peter because after she said it Nathan was looking up in the sky.

Comment

Well, I hope she said this: "You need to be ready, Nathan, because Peter is getting stronger, and is going to kick some butt."

Comment

I think Peter will eventually get all of his powers back after he finally get that scar of his. I can't see it any other way.

Comment

I think that Peter is just reset back to zero and he has to learn to control his power again. In volume 1 he couldn't control it and he didn't even know when he aquired new powers untill he used them. Also if you remember what happened when he absorbed Ted(nuke boy)'s power he couldn't control it because of all the other powers he had.

I hope we don't have a repeat of that scene when Peter touches Sylar and absorbs all his powers AT ONCE!

As for Hiro, I'm hoping maybe Ando can use his power to speed up his genetic evolution so he gets his power back that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Level5
              I just watched it again, and Angela didn't say anything like that. Unless, you were talking about when she whispered in Nathan's ear?

I just really hope he gets them back before too long. Or I can join the 8 million other people that have stopped watching this show--can't believe I'd ever say that.

Dont know if she said that or not was purely speculating. Will remember to say that next time. Just assumed it had something to do with peter as Nathan looked up.

Also about Peter's power was wondering...you know when he use to be able to stack multiple powers surely his body would have changed ever so slightly to accommodate each power. Which means that he should still be able to access those powers if he concentrates ( SPECULATION )

Comment

Originally posted by whitearrow
                Also about Peter's power was wondering...you know when he use to be able to stack multiple powers surely his body would have changed ever so slightly to accommodate each power. Which means that he should still be able to access those powers if he concentrates ( SPECULATION )
                That's what I was thinking. Maybe when Arthur stole his powers that neuralized Peter's own inate power. Once he took the serum it reactivated his "mimic" ability but that's it so he has to touch people to re-gain all of his powers(not ALL of them since some of the people he got em from are now dead).

That's my theory anyway.

Comment

Well, the way I see it, there are 2 possibilities now:

1. it's a complete new power which still has to evolve;
                  2. it's his old power in it's early stages.

Let me elaborate, because I love to do so (ooh, I used a difficult word )

1. it's a complete new power which he still has to evolve:

Remember that he just gained this power. He had his previous power (albeit latent) for about 25 years (assuming he's 26 now). With that thought it could be possible that his former latent power had 25 years to evolve. Just as anyone else's power which they had from birth. So looking at this new power as unevolved or slightly evolved (Peter seems to be able to take powers through clothes - so without touching skin as he apparantly does in this episode - and seems to controle whether or not he takes the power), it could be that this is basically the power Arthur had. So in time I reckon that Pete will learn to take a power away instead of just borrowing it (I think Arthur could've just borrowed powers if he wanted to. Remember when he had the power of mind control? He probably borrowed that from Matt's father) and he will be able to hold on to the powers he borrowed. Effectively becoming as powerful as he was before. My thought is if this happens, than the writers/producers thought that a powerful Peter is cool, but it's too much of a convenience when he's able to collect power from everyone who's nearby. Theoretically that would mean Peter could be all-powerful, godlike, with every ability available. Nothing or no-one, not even Sylar (maybe or maybe not - read below) would be able to stop him. With this new power he would be limited to control the powers of persons he can touch. Most likely there are a couple of people out there who are strong (telekinesis) or fast enough (like Daphne) to not let Peter touch them. And maybe even more important, Peter won't accidentally take powers he doesn't want (like Ted Sprague's induced radioactivity).

2. it's his old power in it's early stages.

Starting again with the fact that his old power had 25 years to evolve and this power had only a few months, it is likely that if it is his old power in early stages, that he will learn how to control more than one power and take powers without touching, not necessarily in that particular order (seems like a plausible development: touching skin, touching clothes, no touching at all (maybe at first only from very short distance, but with practice from a longer distance). But that would create the same problems as mention before. A theoretically all-powerful God-like Peter. And I'm guessing that the reason the writers deciced to take his powers in the first place was, that they wanted to change his power to avoid any questions on how to deal with an unstoppable God-like being. The problem with this reasoning is of course that Sylar still has Pete's old ability and thus is in theory able to become all-powerful. But my best guess is that it's no longer in character anymore for Sylar to just take any ability he wants. He seems satisfied with the powers he's got. The "hunger" is gone. Or maybe Sylar just has hard time controlling the empathic mimicry. Took him a long time in one room with Elle to finally control her power. Maybe he thinks it's not worth the trouble to get powers this way. Who knows? I guess we will we see what happens when the story continues.

P.S.: When I told ya I was going to "elaborate", I wasn't kidding!
                  Last edited by Cyclops1974; 03-04-2009, 06:19 AM.

Comment

This idea of peter being god-like powerful should his old power return is silly. Remember what hatian did to Arthur. I know it caused him a strain but Arthur became vulnerable for a while. lets not forget the eclipse which more or less levels the playing field. Also even if Peter absorbed a lot of powers he still does not know how to use them all which could make him more dangerous then Sylar. ticking time bomb again. Also there is the puppet master dude who is pretty powerful. To defeat peter all the writers would have to do is pair Ando up with a person whose power can be used as a weapon me thinks like Daphine or...come to thin of it the is a serious shortage of decent powers. hmm what gives?

Comment

I'm hoping the formula gave Peter his old ability back but it's just "broken" right now because he's still dealing with the fact that he shot his father - yes, Sylar ultimately killed Arthur but IT WAS PETER'S BULLET that Sylar used. Peter has got to feel some degree of guilt for that. As we've seen before, the person's emotional state does effect how well the powers work. For example, at first Niki didn't have superstrength until she became Jessica and for another example, when Elle was upset over her father's murder and her getting kicked out of the company, her powers got screwy on her too.

Comment

yeah, I think the limitation of his power should have been a conscious decision on Peters part. Due to his inability to control so many powers at once... that could have been used as the reason for Peters explosion in the first season. He had absorbed so many powers that he lost control so he decided/learned how to let go of many of the abilities so he can keep control of a few. I feel they wasted the last 2 seasons trying to reset powers rather than show the devolopment of these powers which would have been much more interesting.

Comment

Got this from an article interview with writers Aron Coliete and Joe Pokaski

Caid comes to us all the way from Glasgow, Scotland to get some clarification on Peter's abilities:
                          “I'd just like some clarification regarding Peter's ability. When he injected himself with the formula, he appeared to absorb Nathan's ability the way he used to do with Empathic Mimicry and then took off, grabbing Nathan in the process but now he needs to physically touch people to absorb their ability. Was that intended or was it just a little hiccup on the writers’ part?”
                          No hiccup. This is all just an expansion of Peter’s powers to absorb them on at a time. It’s going to take some time for him to get used to them.

see link below

So its just another way his powers work. I'm all happy again
                          Last edited by whitearrow; 03-05-2009, 09:43 AM.

Comment

certainly interesting...

Comment

It's real simple if the writers would dare go there.... have Peter locate and dig up his dad's body, remove the bullet from his brain, steal his abilities back, and then he can give Hiro his powers back. Hey, it could happen.

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

Oh yea, I used to wonder how could the series go forward when peter was invincible..Now I wonder how it can be exciting without the heroes 'superman'. Come on writers, make Peter super again!
                              Last edited by jazzylg; 03-05-2009, 07:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I read that link whitearrow posted and it sounds like the power Peter has is all he will have. One power at a time - transferrable by touch. I liked it much better when Peter was "the most powerful of us all". There are plenty of ways to write the show dispite his seeming all powerfulness. For one thing he can't be everywhere all at once, so there is plenty of ways people could use smarts against him, etc.

In short though, if he does not get his powers back soon I think the ratings will be one less than it is now because I hate the fact that he is not at his former glory.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎