Collapse
No announcement yet.

Least Favorite Lex Pairing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lex/Lois - The kiss they had in "Noir" was just all kinds of wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by rebecavaldez
      Just something about him and Kara doesn't go.
      P.S. Did they ever kiss?
      No... not even CPR... thank goodness...

Comment

If there was an 'all of the above' i'd pick that they were all just terrible with Lex.I couldn't pick one over the other but if I had to i'd go with Lex and Lana they looked even worse than Clana.

Comment

Lex/Lois

Comment

Lex/Lana

That's why I find it hard sometimes to rewatch Season 6.

Comment

The real reasons why I hate the Lexana

Lex/Lana

I loved this paring in the first 5 1/2 seasons of Smallville when Lex and Lana had that brotherly/sisterly type friendship / business partnership in the first 3 seasons of Smallville. The heart and soul and the backbone of Smallville is Lana and the Clana not Lexana, so when Lex and Lana started to become more of a romantic couple in the second half of season 5 and all through season 6. That is when I started hating the Lexana with passion and this is why:

1) It doesn't belong in Smallville

So it shouldn't be in Smallville to begin with, The whole Lexana relationship just seems to be a loose end with no strings attached with only one tie in, with only one purpose and with only one function. And that is to create drama in the Clexana triangle and that is the only purpose of it. Besides that what else is there for the Lexana relationship to continue its story arc? when that relationship has no base? or foundation to stem off from? I find the Lexana to be fake, unrealistic, forced and rushed. I also see it as a relationship / marriage of convenience and speaking from intuition those types of relationships and marriages never end well. The Lexana has no place in Smallville's overall main story line, it just looks weird and awkward just being out of place where there is no place for it and not going anywhere it's just another dead end relationship like the Clana. Plus Lana should not be in relationship with any one until she gets control of herself and of her life ( which she probably won't get in control of) and learn to be happy on her own without a guy. She doesn't need a guy to be happy or to justify her existence. What she needs is serious psychiatry for past traumas that is her life, It's bad enough that Lana made Clark look desperate and weak when she was with him she does not need to make Lex look desperate and weak too.

2) Too much Dark Lana as the result of Lex's influence on Lana

She went from no personality to absorbing Lex's personality. She became much more of a stronger person being with Lex, (the only down side to this is that she became just like Lex just with a little more darker edge to her) and dark Lana maybe interesting to watch for some people, but it doesn't appeal to me as much. Too much similarity to the comic book version of Lana and I don't know that version of Lana because I am not a die hard comic book fan so I don't understand this version of dark Lana as much

3) Too much of an abusive relationship

No woman should be in an abusive and unstable relationship with a man who is abusive or violent. Abusive and violent behavior is never OK. No man (Lex) should hit a woman let alone abuse, use, possess or manipulate a woman into a relationship with him just to one up on, compete or hurt another man (Clark) over a woman. Let alone take the her away from Clark and marry her knowing that Clark is still in love with her that's just being down right cruel and heartless, plus the woman willingly getting involved with him in the first place (Lana) after taking Clark for granted doesn't help the situation either. A woman is not a piece of property that you can own or make your claim on, she is not a territory that you can leave your mark on, she is a woman and there is way you treat a woman, it's called respect!!!! in real life women who get involved with abusers is the main cause of deaths in women. WHAT IS LANA THINKING?!?! GETTING INVOLVED WITH AN ABUSER LIKE LEX?!?! I'll tell you one thing, she wasn't thinking at all, Is Lana that stupid?!?!?! It appears she is that stupid. She should've stayed with Clark, but no she had to trade him for a manipulator, an user and an abuser who lived his whole life without love, who doesn't know how to love because he is too weak willed who doesn't love or respect himself. Lana doesn't know what she's gotten herself into talk about making a bad decision in a moment of weakness, sorry I am just fed up with Lana and her stupidity and selfishness.

4) Too dysfunctional of a relationship

Of course all the relationships on this show are dysfunctional not just this one between Lex and Lana in particular. All of these relationships have some dysfunction or disconnection in some way or another. There are some good aspects of this Lexana relationship because Lana is less annoying having her be with some one else other than Clark because with Clark she was more annoying. There is a lot of improvement in the Lana character regarding personality she became much more of a stronger person and became more self reliant as a result of her relationship with Lex. Whereas with Clark she was more whiny, *****y, code dependent and very clingy. Lana is less whiny with Lex than with Clark. She's just more condescending and *****y, but that's nothing new.

Lex improved her character development by destroying both his own and her character in the process because it gave her reason to go back to Clark knowing his lies were for different reasons than Lex's. It gave her perspective and clarity into why Clark didn't tell her the truth about himself, but she didn't have to trick Clark into revealing his powers in the process, she just thought she had to trick him into revealing his powers because she knows he wouldn't just come out with it through other means. Lex made it so much easier for Lana to be in control of their relationship. Whereas Clark made it more difficult for her to be in control because he is more self controlled than Lex and has more common sense than Lex, he knows his limits and is not very easily swayed. Lana is more interesting with Lex.

Seeing her with Lex is very intriguing, but she doesn't exactly seem to be his type whereas Clark and Chloe are more of his type. I just don't feel like Lex and Lana have any chemistry because they have zero chemistry I mean Lex has better chemistry with Clark and Chloe than he does with Lana. Given the fact that the only things they have common is their ever changing relationships with Clark, the hole in their hearts over the loss of a parent and the fact that they have always been around each other, but they don't know each other very well and they think they do when they don't. Also the fact that they have very different ideas of how to protect humanity from itself, they're not exactly on the same side when it comes to their own definition of saving the world that is where Clark and Lana are more alike than Lex and Lana even if Lana's way of helping others is not always for the best. Lex on the other hand is more interested in ruling the world under the guise of saving the world and believing himself in his own mind that he is protecting the world when really he is very power obsessed.

And plus Lana doesn't exactly have the best judgment in choosing men because not only does she attracts all the wrong guys, she also keeps falling for all the wrong guys for all the wrong reasons because she has a broken picker outer and is trying to fill a void in her with the men in her life and both Lex & Clark are two of those men who are very toxic in different ways. It's the same thing with Lex trying to fill a void in him with the women in his life and Lana is one of those women who are very toxic. There is one thing I know about men and that is men want a honest woman who is in control of herself, of her emotions, of her reality and of her life and Lana is not that woman who is. Some women get men, other women don't and Lana is one of those other women who appeals to a man's sexual side and not his emotional side just by using only her looks. Let's just say that when it comes to men and relationships in general Lana is not very smart and when it comes to women and relationships in general neither is Lex.

5) The real chemistry is between the actors, not their characters, that is where the real magic is

The only thing that I love about the Lexana is that MR and KK finally got the chance and opportunity to have more screen time to work together as co stars. When they first started working on the show they didn't like each other very much and got very little screen time to work with each other, so when they got that chance to work together they started to like working with each other more Michael Rosenbaum's words, not mine. Michael and Kristen have more on screen chemistry than their characters do enough said.
              Last edited by laurarawlins; 08-24-2015, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Clexana.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎