No announcement yet.

Heroes has lost its direction

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes has lost its direction

Anyone else feel like this show has no idea where it's headed? The first season was so good, but since then it feels like everything is being made up on the fly. Everyone's powers change so frequently, people flip flop from good to bad, and don't even get me started on the awful way they handled all the time travel stuff.

It's so hard to stay interested in the storyline when it doesn't seem like the writers have any idea what's next. This was supposed to be the season that Heroes got back to being a quality show. Sorry, but it's still not there and we're half way throught the season already. And now they crash a plane and they have to work together to survive. Um, there's already a show like that and it's on ABC and, by the way, those writers do seem to know where their show is headed and are doing a fantastic job. If it continues like this, wouldn't surprise me at all that the show gets cancelled soon.

nope. I finally feel like they are getting back on track. Instead of having a ton of minor story lines they are having one huge plot and building off of it.

First time in about 2 seasons I feel that they finally have a direction and are starting to walk in it.

Comment

I disagree, Heroes keeps getting better and more tense what with all the new powers and storylines... just leaves me feeling like i want more!

Comment

I agree with you partially. That was what was basically going on for the second and third volumes, but the procuders now consider this a new volume, and while it is not a new season, they are still allowed to change the direction slightly. I will hold my opinion of the volume until I watch more episodes, but I was actually impressed with this one.

Comment

I think we need to look at the big picture though. I mean look how the ratings have fallen in the past two years. They've gone from great to pretty bad.

For us fans this show will always be great, but for the people who just watch it because it's good. Then they're going to start leaving, when they think the show is getting a little too much for them. I mean, I even got lost so many times in the last volume I don't even know who's still on the show.

Hopefully they aren't going to do the same in this volume and it gets back on track.

Comment

i agree with you however i do still like the show, it's not the same as season 1. season 1 (volume 1) was a full season arc (22 episodes) with that they developed the characters and we got to learn more from each of them. Thats what makes a show so great, well the characters.

Now each volume is like 13 or 12 episodes and each volume has new characters coming in and we don't get to fully explore each character and get in depth with them as they soon end up dead lol.

I still think they should bring back Adam monroe lol they brought back maury parkman without explaining how he got out of his 'prison' so to speak.

And yeah i agree, everything feels like its happening too fast and they making it up quickly as they go along but hopefully this volume will change and they can sort everything out :-)

Comment

Them bring back people like that with out explaining it, makes people feel like they've missed something. At least I did, I still have no clue how he got out of his nightmare.

Comment

I always figured that Arthur got Maury Parkman out of the nightmare

Comment

It's possible, he did put Angela is some kind of comatose state from just being in her dream.

Comment

I think it is as good as ever.
                    As for new watchers, my 13 year old is now a fan, she never showed one iota of interest in Heroes or any other series that is not targeted for young teens until she watched the marathon on the G4 network with me, she is now one of us
                    Last Monday she was right there with me, a bowl of popcorn and soda all ready to watch.

This was a big leap for her, she was more into the Teen Disney stuff, this is her first real TV series I have seen her interested in.

Comment

Aww it's too late for her to turn back now, she will forever be hooked Steve.

Comment

Sorry but I disagree. Second season was really affected by the writers strike so they have to rebuild the entire plot after that. And in fact I'm seeing that finally they go the boat stabilize it. Just like the episode's name...things are pretty tidy now: who is bad, who is good, who will fight back, who will not etc, etc.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by muskett32
                        And now they crash a plane and they have to work together to survive. Um, there's already a show like that and it's on ABC and, by the way, those writers do seem to know where their show is headed and are doing a fantastic job.
                        you're jumping out to conclusions too fast. If not, the chapter is called Fugitives, honestly I don't see the resemblance with certain island at all.
                        Last edited by Novak Fan; 02-05-2009, 03:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎