Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power - Most popular Smallville episode on itunes.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tompouce
    I have no problem with Lana either. But as you said, I expected a "nice closure" which is absolutely not the case. I was the first to say Lana and KK deserve it. But what we have seen in "power" is not exactly "a nice closure". I still can't understand why KK has accepted it, really ...
    Believe me that was not what I really expected for Lana either, I assumed that the writers would show us a different, more mature Lana Lang ... it is not that she isnīt now.... but she really didnīt need super powers to give her the character a nice closure ....

I wish that they would just point out that she moved on and that she could be remembered and appreciated in a different way besides her relationship with Clark .. would had been enough for me

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Kreukie
    Even before Lana came back, even before spoilers were released, people were having an issue with her returning. So why on earth would she even care to think about anyone outside from the group of fans who've supported her and her character for the past 8 seasons?
    I actually got happy when I first heard that she was coming back ... I am a big fan of KK
    Last edited by RedKRules; 02-02-2009, 12:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I think at this point we can't really get a fair assessment of how popular an episode is. It'll be interesting to see where episodes like Power and Bulletproof end up at the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by RedKRules

I actually got happy when I first heard that she was coming back ... I am a big fan of KK
        And Lana?

Anyway, another interesting thing is, the top five episodes for Itunes for Smallville are also the top five most discussed episodes on this forum for season 8.
        Last edited by Kreukie; 02-02-2009, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Ohh I meant that as well ... I like Lana too ..

Comment

Well...

Odyssey was the number 1 on the first week on sale.

Committed was first on saturday and then the 3.

Abyss was the 3 in the first week.

Identity was on top 10 for 2 weeks and on top 100 for 3 weeks.

We had Bloodline and Identity on top 10 together.

Comment

Originally posted by Clana4Life
              I can see why they (producers & writers) were remiss to let KK go. Her episodes have brought in a boat load of ratings. Let's see if they plummet after she leaves.

Lana didn't bring in anymore viewer's than some of the other eps before she returned, this has been one of the best seasons to date, maybe THE best untill a certain someone came back!!

Comment

this makes perfect sense belive it or not. its not cuz the episode was good or not its the fact that its a new episode, a fresh episode.

this is not a list of all time downloads its simply the list of this week.

commited was pretty high when it came out and so was odessey and identity.

just like if you notice on that list that legion, bulletproof, and bride fairly new episodes are not far behind power.

Comment

I can see why KK/Lana fans enjoyed this episode so much. It was a really good ep for Lana. Had the story been about Lois, I would have loved it just as much.

Yeah, KSite has a very small portion of the Smallvilles fanbase. It would be nice to have more Clana fans around here this often, but they get so much crap from people that I don't blame them for leaving

Comment

"There's never been anything normal about us." -- Lana Lang (Kristin Kreuk)

I think the biggest shock from this episode, for me, was the title. Are you trying to tell me, in the eight seasons of this show doing one-word titles, that they never got around to using "Power"?? Going back as far as Season 1, we got everything from "Prodigal" and "Phoenix" to "Phantom" and "Persona," but despite the superheroic, metahuman nature of this program, Smallville producers were creative enough to avoid "Power" until now, and there is something to be said for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey_Bickey
                      Don't ever 'FOOL' me Cedric! Never 'FOOL' me!

I don't even own an Ipod. They're silly little things IMO! I'll stick to my DVR and DVD's, and put more substance in the actual ratings.

I'd rather do it the old-fashioned way: Use the video cassette recorder. It's much easier for me.

Comment

I was actually glad that she was coming back. But I was expecting something very different from this. This just feels so cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by unfocused
                          I can see why KK/Lana fans enjoyed this episode so much. It was a really good ep for Lana. Had the story been about Lois, I would have loved it just as much.

Yeah, KSite has a very small portion of the Smallvilles fanbase. It would be nice to have more Clana fans around here this often, but they get so much crap from people that I don't blame them for leaving
                          Exactly. Why put yourself through it when you can just go over to the Sweet website and talk with people who actually enjoy the character and her storyline? That's why Sweet is so huge and so many Lana and Clana fans have migrated there.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Kreukie
                          Because she knew her fans would enjoy it? I seriously think Kristin stopped trying to please the whole Smallville fandom a long time ago, because regardless what's done with her character it seems the fandom will always complain about it!

Even before Lana came back, even before spoilers were released, people were having an issue with her returning. So why on earth would she even care to think about anyone outside from the group of fans who've supported her and her character for the past 8 seasons?
                          ITA. There are some fans that she'll never be able to please because she's not Lois and some fans are just angry that SV has dedicated so much time to Clana. I enjoyed her story. I enjoyed her return. I enjoyed the beginnings of a romantic Clois too, but when Lana came back, much like Clark, I just sort of forgot about Clois. Much like Clark I'll probably start liking Clois again once Lana leaves.
                          Last edited by Clana4Life; 02-02-2009, 10:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by RedKRules
                            Thanks for posting this, actually I have no problem with Lana being on the show ... or getting a nice closure for her character, some people seems to forget that sheīs been around for 8 years and that Lana/Clana still have a pretty good fan base ....
                            I completely agree. It's like people thought no one cared for Lana anymore, when we all missed her deeply (Lana fans).

Comment

Originally posted by redkryptoniteisthebest
                              I completely agree. It's like people thought no one cared for Lana anymore, when we all missed her deeply (Lana fans).
                              I am not a Lana fan, but I was looking forward to her return because I really thought with the way they had been handling season 8 her arc would show a more mature development of her character since she was no longer in SV. However, all the writer's did was give us the same old stuff with a twist. Super.powered.hero indeed.
                              Last edited by Sunny8; 02-03-2009, 02:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Power is still #4 in Top TV Episodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎