Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oliver Queen and Dinah Lance

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, you'd guys wouldn't believe on how long it took me to find this thread....haha.

but on a sidenote, man, I came across so many other weird shipper pairings while looking for this...oh the craziness of Shipping a fictional couple.lol

Anyhow, assuming that if Oliver is back for season 10, and near the end of the series, I wouldn't mind seeing Dinah return to at least give a bigger hint that she and Oliver are going to happen "someday".

I mean the producers are always saying that they want to try and align things as much as they possibly could to the mythology by the end of the series, and Oliver's relationship with Dinah is still DC canon.

They may not be as epic as Clark and Lois, but they are still a couple in the future nevertheless.

So far, since season 7, she has either appeared or been mentioned off screen in some format.

I'd like to think that the little tidbit in AJ was perhaps a foreshadow of her eventually coming back soon, especially since she is tied with the JSA

Comment

I'm just not that into this one. I know it's canon, but it's one that really does not interest me. I hate to say it, but Dinah has just never left an impression on me one way or the other.

Comment

Worst pairing ever! There's no point to start them on Smallville considering that they get together when Oliver's is in his 40's, wears beard and has the time to have child with another woman. They'll happen years from now...With the little scenes they had together, Justin and Alaina have shown that they have zero chemistry. I just don't need to see it on Smallville because what makes the show so good is that it doesn't follow the comics that much. Most viewers are not related to them so it would be out of place to start them.

Comment

I don't want Dinah and Oliver together on Smallville.

Comment

lol...I thought I may provoke some bad reactions towards resurrecting this thread.lol

Well, imho, to be fair, we haven't seen them interact one on one much, so I can't personally condemn them to be a bad pairing on the show just yet.

I mean, tbh, it wasn't until seeing a lot of Chloe and Oliver's scenes this season before I got hooked on the idea....so I would rather reserve my own judgment on this ship.

though, mythos wise, it's nice to know they at least keep in contact with each other as evident in AJ.

Comment

Aw, I love Dinah and Ollie.

Comment

I do wonder on what Absolute Justice would have been like if Dinah returned.

Geoff did say that before Stargirl was eventually picked as the third JSA member to bring in, they wanted to use Dinah's mother, the original Black Canary from the JSA along with bringing Dinah herself into this episode to have that whole "mother/daughter" factor into it...and it may have given Dinah the character exposure that she needs for some fans to take a liking to her more better.

Comment

I always loved the idea of Dinah/Ollie since I watched the JLA cartoons...

That scene was awesome:
                  A suggestive sparring session between Dinah and Oliver

But I just don't see it happening on Smallville. It would appear a little forced to have Ollie and Dinah on the show just for the sake of mythos... Sure they could make it work, make the initial rush into the relationship work, just like it happened with Clois... But I just wouldn't like it... Besides, Chloe and Oliver make a much more awesome couple than Dinah and Oliver.

Comment

Originally posted by cara410
                    I always loved the idea of Dinah/Ollie since I watched the JLA cartoons...

That scene was awesome:
                    A suggestive sparring session between Dinah and Oliver

But I just don't see it happening on Smallville. It would appear a little forced to have Ollie and Dinah on the show just for the sake of mythos... Sure they could make it work, make the initial rush into the relationship work, just like it happened with Clois... But I just wouldn't like it... Besides, Chloe and Oliver make a much more awesome couple than Dinah and Oliver.
                    yeah....I have to admit that I enjoyed on how their relationship was shown in the animated series a lot more than the way they've done it on SV.

Hmm...I wonder. With spoilers saying that [SPOILER]the JSA will return, now that Alaina isn't pregnant anymore, is it possible that she'll be able to return along with her character's mother with Carter and Courtney?[/SPOILER]

Comment

Originally posted by herolee10
                      yeah....I have to admit that I enjoyed on how their relationship was shown in the animated series a lot more than the way they've done it on SV.

Hmm...I wonder. With spoilers saying that [SPOILER]the JSA will return, now that Alaina isn't pregnant anymore, is it possible that she'll be able to return along with her character's mother with Carter and Courtney?[/SPOILER]
                      Hmmm, I wasn't aware of those spoilers... but pregnant or not, she's on another show. I wouldn't really mind seeing her again though.

Comment

Originally posted by cara410
                        Hmmm, I wasn't aware of those spoilers... but pregnant or not, she's on another show. I wouldn't really mind seeing her again though.
                        well someone had once told me that Kristin had worked on the Canadian tv series, "Edgemont" while filming season 1 of SV, and since Alaina's tv series films so closely to SV's set..you never know..haha

Comment

well someone had once told me that Kristin had worked on the Canadian tv series, "Edgemont" while filming season 1 of SV, and since Alaina's tv series films so closely to SV's set..you never know..haha
                          Yeah, I remember watching Edgemont... And yeah again... It could happen! Though I don't really think it will. I guess they're just going to bring back [SPOILER]Carter and Courtney [/SPOILER]

Comment

Actors do guest appearances on other shows while staring on one show all the time. This season of Lost is another good example. If they really wanted her back, they could probably get her - but do they want her back right now? If anything, I think they could work her into a guest spot or two much easier in season 10 than season 9. Season 9 already has a lot going on.

Comment

Originally posted by A Flawed Fashion
                              Actors do guest appearances on other shows while staring on one show all the time. This season of Lost is another good example. If they really wanted her back, they could probably get her - but do they want her back right now? If anything, I think they could work her into a guest spot or two much easier in season 10 than season 9. Season 9 already has a lot going on.
                              yeah, that's what I'm figuring as well. IF..and this is a big IF..they want her back, it'll most likely happen in season 10.

in regards to season 9 though, well we at least know that she was intended to come back in the flesh for AJ, but we all know on how and why things went down the way it did..but hey, at least Chlollie fans got what they got in that event so it's all good.

I was just watching Oliver and Dinah's last scene in Siren, and I just recognized something about it for the first time.

Remember on how Clark would have scenes in the past where he'd say predictable things like.... "I can't imagine loving anyone else but Lana..etc"? And then Lois appears on cue right after that, again the whole foreshadowing of a future love?

well in Siren I just noticed that they had that somewhat there, as when Oliver was talking about Lois not being able to get passed the "dual identity" thing and such, Dinah comes in right after...ala foreshadowing I think of future love.

Comment

well in Siren I just noticed that they had that somewhat there, as when Oliver was talking about Lois not being able to get passed the "dual identity" thing and such, Dinah comes in right after...ala foreshadowing I think of future love.
                                The first time I watched Siren, I had no idea that Oliver and Dinah were supposed to end up together, but I got major vibes in that direction. There is one scene that I can't remember now because it's been a while (possibly that one) where I wondered what the story between the two of them was because the romantic vibes were flowing. I thought the writers were throwing some less than subtle hints at a Dinah/Oliver romance.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎