New Forum Features Questions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions? OK. What are the changes? A nice summary please.

Comment

you can leave comments on other users profiles.
      you can add photo albums to you profile.
      you can join groups.
      you can add other users as friends.
      you can see how many people visited your profile along with the people who recently viewed it.
      the way the profile is set up you just need to click on tabs to view each others profiles.
      the spoiler forums instead of just showing a blank spot with the last time posted there are ********
      when you recieve a new comment or message or anything where your inbox is it shows how many notifications there are and there is a drop down menu and shows what new notifications you recieved.
      the lower left of the forums where it shows what you can do or cant do in the forum (you may post new thread, you may post new replies, smilies are on, html code is off, ect) under all that is a link to the forum rules.

think thats all lol.

Comment

There's a bit more than that...

Anyone can see the changes by going to the Wikipedia for vBulletin and reviewing the list of changes in 3.7 and 3.8.

Comment

Thanks you two.

Comment

I've been making a friends' list, but what can I do with it? I mean, what's the purpose of the "add users as friends" feature?

Comment

Originally posted by Jade4813
              I've been making a friends' list, but what can I do with it? I mean, what's the purpose of the "add users as friends" feature?
              Besides looking popular? I don't know..

On a similar note, I am wondering when the Join/Create User Groups will be enabled, or if it will be enabled at all to the general public. It would create a lot of mess for you guys to clean up if users make multiple groups and/or duplicates.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade4813
                It makes it easier to see their profile and make visitor comments or to even PM them.

Comment

Originally posted by kaam
                  Besides looking popular? I don't know..

On a similar note, I am wondering when the Join/Create User Groups will be enabled, or if it will be enabled at all to the general public. It would create a lot of mess for you guys to clean up if users make multiple groups and/or duplicates.
                  The reason for the inaction you note.

We're contemplating what is to be done with Groups.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                    you can post images and stuff in albums

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

And how exactly can I do that?? I'm not really a computer wiz..

Comment

Do you know when we can use the Groups option?

Comment

Originally posted by cksidekick
                        are you guys gonna' Mod these since they are public? or is it just a "report post if needed" kind of thing?

we will be moding everything with the new features. if there is anything you dont want others to see or read please use PMs. there is also a way to set up the comments for you to approve them first. that way if you want to pick and choose what comments should be posted you can do so. its kind of similar to myspace. when it comes to posting and the images and all that just go by the rules we have for the main forums if you have any questions feel free to message any of us mods.

updated the thread title so any questions related to the new features can be asked here

i was just curious...it seems you all will have your work cut out fer ya! Thanks for the extra effort guys!! it's much appreciated...

Comment

Originally posted by Karafan1
                          And how exactly can I do that?? I'm not really a computer wiz..
                          in the little box on the right of your profile it has an albulms. you click on the link in that box and it takes you to a page with a box. since you didnt upload anything yet it will be blank but on the tops and bottoms there are links that say upload images click that and it will take you to a upload page and gives you the info for pic seizes and stuff (even if they are big they will be shrunk) just hit the browse button and a window to your comp will open and you select the pictures. similar to the basic uploader for myspace or when you upload something to imageshack or photobucket.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by marcella
                          Do you know when we can use the Groups option?
                          dont know but im assuming jon has more stuff to work on with that and once we get everything figured out jon will add it. so just keep checking back every so often to see if anything new sufaced

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by cksidekick
                          i was just curious...it seems you all will have your work cut out fer ya! Thanks for the extra effort guys!! it's much appreciated...
                          no problem we are in the process of figureing out the new stuff ourselves lol.

thanks
                          Last edited by superhippie2000; 01-15-2009, 02:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I just added an Album

Yes, we are still learning this stuff too.

Comment

Haha, sweet! My thread is a sticky!

Comment

it got stickified!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡