Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Veronica Mars Memorial Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, Matt, I just realized I never answered this!

I would have to say:

The bus crash
    Lily's murder
    Veronica's rape
    The Hearst Rapist
    And Dean O'Dell's murder.

So we're pretty close on our rankings there! I loved the bus crash mystery. It involved characters on a much grander scale than any of the other seasons, and it had so many twists and turns and red herrings that it kept me guessing! But Lily's murder was so well done too. And of course, so were the other mysteries.

But definitely the bus crash for number one!

Veronica's rape mystery is weird because it seemed to be solved at the end of season one, and then you get more information in season two. Very strange, and I wonder if the writers planned that all along. What do you think?

Comment

I'm not sure; I think once the writers chose Cassidy as the culprit behind the bus crash and tied it all in with Woody Goodman and his sexuality issues, they figured they might as well make it further-reaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Investigations
        I'm not sure; I think once the writers chose Cassidy as the culprit behind the bus crash and tied it all in with Woody Goodman and his sexuality issues, they figured they might as well make it further-reaching.
        That's what I think too, which is kinda strange. But I suppose they made it work as a retcon (if that's what it was)

Must have been kind of weird for Veronica though: "I was raped!" "... wait, no I wasn't" "...wait, I WAS raped?"

lol.

Comment

Haha, it's a good job Veronica isn't real - with all that happened to her in a matter of three years, she'd be massively screwed up! Lol!

I still think that the reveal of Cassidy as the man behind the bus crash is the most shocking moment I've ever seen on TV. When she saw his name on the photo and the camera zoomed out and she ran to her car...my jaw was on the floor.

Comment

Haha, it's a good job Veronica isn't real - with all that happened to her in a matter of three years, she'd be massively screwed up! Lol!

I still think that the reveal of Cassidy as the man behind the bus crash is the most shocking moment I've ever seen on TV. When she saw his name on the photo and the camera zoomed out and she ran to her car...my jaw was on the floor.
            LOL. Yes! That makes me want a fanfic of Veronica in therapy years later.

And that reveal was pretty amazing! I wonder if anyone saw it coming at all?

Comment

Originally posted by dreamsofnever
              LOL. Yes! That makes me want a fanfic of Veronica in therapy years later.

And that reveal was pretty amazing! I wonder if anyone saw it coming at all?
              The great thing about it was that I honestly didn't know who it could be. I was sure it was connected to the Fitzpatricks somehow, though, so I was wrong about that.

Who did you suspect for the mysteries?

For Lilly's murder, I thought it was Duncan or Celeste.
              For Veronica's rape, I had no clue.
              For the bus crash, I thought it was the Fitzpatricks like I said above.
              The Hearst rapist I actually got right! I thought it was Mercer, I just didn't know how it fitted.
              Dean O'Dell's murder seemed so easy compared to the others...until it turned out that it wasn't Landry. I never suspected Tim until the episode where it was all solved.

Comment

Hmm... good question.

With Lily's murder, I'm pretty sure I suspected Celeste but I honestly had no clue.

For Veronica's rape, I thought it might be Logan but I think I was pretty stumped on that one.

The bus crash, I really thought it was Liam Fitzpatrick.

The Hearst rapist, I was pretty sure it was Mercer too though they did a good job of presenting that and then casting doubt on his guilt.

and I'm pretty sure I thought Dean O'Dell's murder was done by his wife, because I thought it being Landry was too easy. lol.

Comment

The mysteries were great, weren't they? Makes me wonder what kind of mystery Rob Thomas has planned for the movie, if it gets green-lit.

Sorry to bombard you with questions lol, but I'm intrigued by your opinions and thoughts What/who are your favourite episodes/characters, etc?

Comment

The mysteries were great, weren't they? Makes me wonder what kind of mystery Rob Thomas has planned for the movie, if it gets green-lit.

Sorry to bombard you with questions lol, but I'm intrigued by your opinions and thoughts What/who are your favourite episodes/characters, etc?
                    No need to be sorry. Flattery is the best way to get me to answer questions!

I really loved Logan. I totally had a TV crush on him, but more than that-he has one of the more complex stories on VM. And he had the best snark.

Veronica, of course, though I had a really hard time sympathizing with her in season three. But she had some great snark, and Kristen really knocked every scene out of the park.

And I loved Keith too, and especially the Keith-Veronica, Father-daughter interaction.

And Mac I adored!! She didn't get enough screen time either!

And Dick cracked me up big time. Just about every time he was on screen, I was laughing.

So, yeah, I pretty much loved all the characters. I was quite a fan of Wallace too. lol.

What about you?

And I'll list my favorite episodes in a little bit, because I have to compile a list.

Comment

No need to be sorry. Flattery is the best way to get me to answer questions!

I really loved Logan. I totally had a TV crush on him, but more than that-he has one of the more complex stories on VM. And he had the best snark.

Veronica, of course, though I had a really hard time sympathizing with her in season three. But she had some great snark, and Kristen really knocked every scene out of the park.

And I loved Keith too, and especially the Keith-Veronica, Father-daughter interaction.

And Mac I adored!! She didn't get enough screen time either!

And Dick cracked me up big time. Just about every time he was on screen, I was laughing.

So, yeah, I pretty much loved all the characters. I was quite a fan of Wallace too. lol.

What about you?

And I'll list my favorite episodes in a little bit, because I have to compile a list.
                      Like you, I love all the characters. Everyone had at least one or two scenes of comedy gold, and everyone had a decent story arc. Narrowing it down to three, my favourites have to be Veronica (how could anyone watch this series and not love her? Kristen Bell is an amazing actress), Logan (as you said, he had some fantastic sarcastic remarks), and Mac (I'm not sure why I like her so much...she's just played so endearingly by Tina Majorino).

Runners-up are pretty much everyone else But Dick and Sheriff Lamb (the classic guy you love to hate) are close contenders, as is Piz. Oh, and Weevil. And Parker...I can't choose!

In fact, the only regular I never really got on board with was Wallace. I liked him, but he seemed quite dull in comparison to the others even though Percy Daggs III played him well.

Comment

How could I forget Weevil??? and Sheriff Lamb was such a jerk and it was great!

Okay, favorite VM episodes... For season one, I really loved An Ecchols Family Christmas, Weapons of Class Destruction, A Trip to the Dentist, and Leave it to Beaver, though I honestly enjoyed every single episode in season one!

I'll get into two and three a bit later.

And yes, there are a lot of excellent characters to choose from with VM! The only one I didn't like that much was Parker, but she still had her moments where I liked her.

What episodes are your favorites?

Comment

Hm...I've tried to narrow it down to four or five per season, because otherwise I may list every episode

Season One: "Like a Virgin", "An Echolls Family Christmas", "Weapons of Class Destruction", "Trip to the Dentist", "Leave it to Beaver"
                          Season Two: "Normal is the Watchword", "Donut Run", "I Am God", "Happy Go Lucky", "Not Pictured"
                          Season Three: "Of Vice and Men", "Spit & Eggs", "Show Me the Monkey", "Mars, Bars", "The B*tch is Back"

Of them all, my absolute favourite is probably "Spit & Eggs", although it varies between that and the previous season finales. I think the reason I love it so much is that it's the only time Veronica purposely confronts the culprit - in "Leave it to Beaver", Aaron attacks her, and in "Not Pictured", Beaver tricks her into meeting him. This time, though, she hides the intended victim in the closet and takes Mercer on herself. She also goes down fighting and really gets her kicks in, even after she was drugged.
                          Last edited by Mars Investigations; 02-28-2009, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Spit and Eggs is definitely one of my all time favorites too! That episode was just action packed and awesome, and the choice of that Fatboy Slim song was so inspired!

And okay, for season two: Blast From the Past, Rat Saw God, Ain't No Magic Mountain High Enough, Happy Go Lucky, and Not Pictured

Season Three: Charlie Don't Surf, Spit and Eggs, Mars Bars, I Know What You'll Do Next Summer, and The B*tch is Back

But like you said, it's really hard to narrow it down! Season two was definitely my favorite season too, though season one was so perfect too! Like I've said before, season three was my least favorite but it still had some great episodes!

And by the way-awesome avi!

Comment

Spit and Eggs is definitely one of my all time favorites too! That episode was just action packed and awesome, and the choice of that Fatboy Slim song was so inspired!

And okay, for season two: Blast From the Past, Rat Saw God, Ain't No Magic Mountain High Enough, Happy Go Lucky, and Not Pictured

Season Three: Charlie Don't Surf, Spit and Eggs, Mars Bars, I Know What You'll Do Next Summer, and The B*tch is Back

But like you said, it's really hard to narrow it down! Season two was definitely my favorite season too, though season one was so perfect too! Like I've said before, season three was my least favorite but it still had some great episodes!

And by the way-awesome avi!
                              Yeah, I love that whole scene, from the moment Mercer turns on the stereo. It was so eerie and I loved the way Mac and Piz were so unknowingly helpless to save her.

Some great choices for episodes .The more I think about it, I think there's only one episode I actually dislike. There are some I'm less enthused about, of course, and I think every episode has some enjoyable elements, the only episode I don't like is "One Angry Veronica". The jury duty mystery is just...weird and confusing, IMO, and I didn't like it. I did like the Meg and Logan storylines, though.

Thanks!

Comment

I watched "Papa's Cabin" today - much better than I remembered, and I found the mystery a lot more complicated and compelling second time round. Also: the Logan/Parker relationship is pretty good, I think.

One thing that kind of annoyed me was Lamb's death. It just kinda happened and then was never acknowledged properly again.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎