Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nathan's change of heart

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what I think the writer is trying to do this season. They want to show us it's not your views that makes you a villain, because you can be a villain no matter what your view on a subject is.

So this season, we've been a couple of people giving ideas on what the society should do to deal with people with abilities. Like any political issues, people are divided on a scale from one extreme to another with others stuck somewhere along the middle.

extreme

Remove All Powers (Adam)
    Locking up all people with abilities
    Remove powers from those too powerful or evil
    Lock up those too powerful or evil (The company and HRG)
    Just Remove my power, I don't care about the others (Maya)
    I love my power and no one else should have any (Sylar)
    Do nothing and hide from the world
    I love my power and I don't care about the others (Daphne)
    Those with ability should stop others to use their ability to do evil (Peter)
    Give the right people power (Nathan)
    Give everyone Power (Pa Patreli)

extreme

There are people who think in the big picture and want a solution to fix everything for everyone, and those tend to have the views to the extreme ends of the scale.

There are people who just think about themselves, and have views towards the middle of the scale.

But it really doesn't matter wehre you stand, you can be a villain, and Nathan is a great example. He's been going over all kinds of views since the last season, from about to let the world know that there are people with abilities, to the other end.

I think it is actually great writing, if you are willing to see what they are trying to do. In real life people change their minds. People say they believe in one thing and do the complete opposite. That doesn't make them the villain. You can believe in god and do everything you were told to serve god and you can still be a villain.

Even Peter, who just want to use his powers to stop those doing evil, or HRG who believe there are people that needs to be put away can be villains.

That's the brilliance of this season because that's exactly how the world is today.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎