No announcement yet.

Is the catalyst gone now?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the catalyst gone now?

did it manage to make its way into peter for some reason? i mean i would enjoy it much more if they just got rid of it alltogether.....Any time traveler can just go back and take it tho...it seems to find a host once its host dies. That is why it was so important to get it soon since she was passing away that night. She had to touch him and so did Arty but in the end did it end up in pete?

I think it did, but I also think the Catalyst has RESTORED PETERS POWERS. ahem. sorry didn't mean to shout, but the bold type thing never seems to work for me. Anyway, Peter just hasn't noticed yet, because he has been restored to a blank slate.

Comment

I think the catalist is gone but I think its better to lost it because it will be the only way how to stop formula to be created again

Comment

Originally posted by bobsuncorp
        I think it did, but I also think the Catalyst has RESTORED PETERS POWERS. ahem. sorry didn't mean to shout, but the bold type thing never seems to work for me. Anyway, Peter just hasn't noticed yet, because he has been restored to a blank slate.
        I think you could be right. Good call. I also thought the light might have transferred into Peter since he was standing right there, but I never considered it would give him his powers back...but it makes sense. The question is, did it give Peter back all the powers he had before, or did it just give him back his original ability (absorbing/copying)--meaning he will have to start from square one again absorbing powers. That would suck, because then he would lose powers like invisibility among others which no longer seem to be available.
        Last edited by Xanderman; 12-09-2008, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Peter didnt heal. remember. so no, he doesnt have powers. besides, i suspect arthur isn't dead. he has adams regeneration ability and he was strong enough to fight the haitian. the only way to ensure he stays dead is to remove his head and sylar never did that.

Comment

that would be a good way to do it. Honestly... it heals... or it so looks like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Litle bit more bizarre
              I think the catalist is gone but I think its better to lost it because it will be the only way how to stop formula to be created again
              Peter has been around 2 people who could heal since the eclipse. Arthur and Sylar. Don't think he was around claire but the fact that he takes sylars abilities such as telekineses just by being near him he would have absorbed healing.

That cut on his cheek didn't heal.

I think he is gonna need an injection to get them back.

As for the catalist?

I think it is gone, but the people who believe Claire was the original catalist in this story line, if they are right, the current claire that was out of sync with time would still have the catalist she received in her timeline before she jumped back through time to current time.

That is the only way the catalist would have survived. Doubt it did though. I don't think Claire ever had it in her.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Newb
              Peter didnt heal. remember. so no, he doesnt have powers. besides, i suspect arthur isn't dead. he has adams regeneration ability and he was strong enough to fight the haitian. the only way to ensure he stays dead is to remove his head and sylar never did that.
              According to the web comic Arthur is dead. They showed his last few seconds of his life flashing before his eyes.

The last thoughts he has was how proud he was of Peter for actually pulling the trigger, even if it was Sylar who killed him.

Twisted.
              Last edited by Yoshua; 12-09-2008, 02:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Nevermind
                Last edited by the highlander; 12-09-2008, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshua
                  According to the web comic Arthur is dead. They showed his last few seconds of his life flashing before his eyes.
                  Has the web comic ever been wrong or different than the show? Then again, he really did die but will be brought back to life....so those feelings would be genuine. It just means he's resurrected like Claire in the morgue.

Comment

Originally posted by Newb
                    Has the web comic ever been wrong or different than the show? Then again, he really did die but will be brought back to life....so those feelings would be genuine. It just means he's resurrected like Claire in the morgue.
                    No, the webcomic has never contradicted the show, it has always elaborated on what has been seen on the screen.

The webcomics are released AFTER the show airs and is typically about the show you just watched. In the off seasons web comics are still released and they stand on their own about unique characters and story lines that occasionally overlap the show.

Remember the computer psyhcic woman who found Ted out in the desert? If you only watched the show you wouldn't know her from Adam.

If you read the comic lines at the same time you would know the drucker story line that never touched the show and she was a major part of.

We don't know if Hana Getman is really dead (the hacker) because she digitized herself and Bob tried to pull the plug on her when she was in their system trying to bring the company down. She disapeared after that but she'd been in contact with Micah. I am hoping that when Micah's storyline is re introduced Hana Getman will come back because even though she had a small role inthe show she had a huge role in the comics.

Comment

I think it's completely possible the Catalyst restored Peter's powers. It probably just changes the DNA to the basic "ready to manifest a power" and the formula is what actually manifests the power instantly, if you don't want to wait for an eclipse/age/whatever it is that activates powers.

Let's assume Arthur removes all traces of the power like he said, Peter's DNA would still be set to have his absorbing power, he just needs the formula/eclipse/whatever to manifest it again. Maybe the Catalyst can give him back his power since his DNA is already set to have one.

And since Arthur took all traces of his power/s before, he wouldn't have any of his old powers, so he'd start with basic EA and have to reabsorb, explaining why he didn't heal.

Completely possible, I'd say it's the most likely option. Him getting an injection with the formula seems unlikely, seeing as how to him it's so evil, and he did say to the Haitian he wished the eclipse had've permanently removed powers. He probably doesn't want them back.

Comment

Originally posted by JW_102792
                        I think it's completely possible the Catalyst restored Peter's powers. It probably just changes the DNA to the basic "ready to manifest a power" and the formula is what actually manifests the power instantly, if you don't want to wait for an eclipse/age/whatever it is that activates powers.

Let's assume Arthur removes all traces of the power like he said, Peter's DNA would still be set to have his absorbing power, he just needs the formula/eclipse/whatever to manifest it again. Maybe the Catalyst can give him back his power since his DNA is already set to have one.

And since Arthur took all traces of his power/s before, he wouldn't have any of his old powers, so he'd start with basic EA and have to reabsorb, explaining why he didn't heal.

Completely possible, I'd say it's the most likely option. Him getting an injection with the formula seems unlikely, seeing as how to him it's so evil, and he did say to the Haitian he wished the eclipse had've permanently removed powers. He probably doesn't want them back.
                        Very good. I do wonder if the writers of the show are that logical.

Comment

i like the catylst in peter so he gets his powers back idea i hope they use that one cause i can'r c why he wuld want the injection

Comment

remove the bullet from the head and arthurs back

Comment

I definitely think the Catalyst is in Peter.
                              What's interesting is that when Sylar leaves the scene he tells Peter that he "no longer has anything that he wants."
                              We're supposed to think that means powers, but Sylar has no knowledge of the catalyst or he would covet it, and take it from Peter.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎