No announcement yet.

Plot Loopholes?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have many questions:

1. Is the catalyst lost forever now that Arthur is dead?
    2. When did Arthur get time traveling powers?
    3. Was giving Hiro the catalyst all in vain?
    4. Is Angela really sylar's mommy?
    5 Will Peter ever grow a pair?

Comment

Originally posted by littlefoo20
      I have many questions:

1. Is the catalyst lost forever now that Arthur is dead?
      2. When did Arthur get time traveling powers?
      3. Was giving Hiro the catalyst all in vain?
      4. Is Angela really sylar's mommy?
      5 Will Peter ever grow a pair?
      The answers to these questions and more will be answered on next weeks episode of Soap...oh, wait a minute...I just teleported back to the 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by Newb
        The answers to these questions and more will be answered on next weeks episode of Soap...oh, wait a minute...I just teleported back to the 80's.
        LOL.. to be followed by an episode of Benson.

Comment

Originally posted by littlefoo20
          LOL.. to be followed by an episode of Benson.
          Hahaha.

Comment

Papa Petrelli got the time shift powers when he took all of Peter's accumulated powers.

Comment

Originally posted by Newb
              Well....technically, everything can be explained or justified. It all depends on whether you accept the explanation or not. Does that make them any less of a plot hole? I dont think so.
              Then by your logic everything not explained in one episode is a plot hole.

Comment

Originally posted by ChronX4
                Then by your logic everything not explained in one episode is a plot hole.
                Sigh...do people have reading comprehension issues?

And no. When situations or events are not consistent within the realm of the show or series, it becomes a plot hole.

Comment

not sure what you mean about the ring? I missed something if it has significance. I for one am not going to judge anything until next week's episode.

Comment

"A whole lotta plot holes"...

Disclaimer: (According to reference.com: "A plot hole is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot. [...] Plot holes are usually seen as weaknesses or flaws in a story [...]")

Well, so here's what I've been thinking of, mostly from this episode and just one from before. It's all I can remember right now...

1) If it was so easy to remove the catalyst from someone, why did Arthur went through so much trouble to get it? I mean, he could've teleported where Claire was and take it away from her pretty easily. Instead, he sent two of his subordinates to kidnap Claire... why so much trouble? And he certainly knew that before her it was Hiro's mom that owned it. Then why didn't he travel back in time and stole it from her before Hiro obtained ir?

After this episode, the way things have developed until now seems pretty unrealistic...

2) How come when Sylar entered the room the Haitian was holding Arthur's powers back but not Sylar's?? I always thought the Haitian's power was passive, not active, and although he may have to concentrate to supress strong individuals (like Arthur), his abbility should apply to anyone nearby. Yet, when Sylar showed up, he was completely unaffected.

3) Why do they insist in saying that they should shoot people with regenerating abilities in the back of their heads? We've seen it before with Claire and the branch, Peter and the piece of glass. If it was the only way to disable their power (except for blowing their heads up with a shotgun), then this episode's bullet shouldn't have killed Arthur (by the looks of it, it did, because the catalyst kind of died... and that only happened if the vessel permanently died too).

4) One could argue Sylar was a dumbass not trying to take Arthur's power away (we still don't exactly know wether he could've gained every power Arthur has stolen or if he could only have stolen his original power... that - I guess - is permanently stealing powers). That would've meant to Sylar not needing to kil people in order to obtain their powers... but considering the villain Sylar "should" be by now, why would he care about this? He enjoys all the killing. Besides, he has presumably developped the empathy ability, so passive duplication of powers may be there with him too... he doesn't need more ways to gain gifts.

5) Has Sylar become so used to cutting in half people's heads that he can't come up with another way of murdering? He had already absorbed Elle's power by supposedly becoming an empath (big wtf moment), so he surely needen't kill her the way he did. He has so many powers he could've made it a different way... but hey, it's Sylar's killing trademark!

6) (From previous episode) Why on earth would Arthur stimulate Sylar to become an empath if that could've meant him obtaining Arthur's stealing power (and maybe all of the other ones he's stolen), thus creating a more powerful human being than him, which could've posed a major threat to his hierarchy?

Conclusions:

I know that a show like Heroes has created a world far too complex to have a perfect outcome in every episode. I don't expect the story to be a "clockwork orange" but there are some turns that can't be omitted by viewers and that really deteriorate the fictional flow of the show. And even if it is fiction, character's have got to have an attitude pattern, there always has to be a fundamental logic for the story to succeed... and lately, Heroes has been lacking of those coherence and cohesion basic elements more than ever.
                    Last edited by FoxHoundito; 12-09-2008, 11:13 AM.

Comment

1- Claire never owned it, alot of us believed it was always in Hiro, and this confirms it. However Arthur wouldn't have made a move against Kaito back in the day, so he had to find out when the transfer happened. Safe to say he did and this is what always happened. I don't think Hiro or Claire changed anything. Nor do I think Sylar sensed the catalyst. Her specialness is in her living forever.

2- This episode shows that the Haitians powers have limits. I don't think he was strong enough to stop Sylars while concentrating on Arthurs. On top of that Arthur broke the hold at the last minute and slapped Peter's gun away. Hatian was drained. Good luck trying to use those abilities on Sylar who has already had them used on him multiple times and is finding the way to circumvent them.

3- A small gun such as a .22 doesnt typically go through the head when you shoot someone. It riccochets all through the brain mangling it. That being said that is the cannon they want to stick to.

4- Cutting Arthur open in front of the hatian and Peter would have left him vulnerable, he would have had to kill them both first. A better question was why didnt he go after the hatian? That would have made him invincible.

5- Serial Killers rarely break from their pattern. Look it up, it is very scary. He is a serial killer and that is his mode of killing.

6- To gain his trust.

7- Thanks for giving me a chance to answer your plot holes. But I don't really see any of them as plot holes to be honest.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Do you want the only REAL loophole in the whole show if what your catalyst theory was the right one?

2 catalysts now.

If future claire goes back and stops the past claire from getting the catalyst then the future claire still has it. She is out of sync with time. When she goes back home she will still have the catalyst inside of her. Which also explains why arthur wouldnt kill her just in case they needed it again.

Just like when future peter comes back to change the past he still retains his scar.

The people from the future remain untouched when in the past. They don't know what changes they have made until they can go back and search them out on their own. They are out of sync with Time.

Claire is out of sync with time. She still has a catalyst in her blood if you are one of the people that believe she had it in the first place.

Personally I think Hiro always had it, so the catalyst is officially gone. But thats my opinion.
                      Last edited by Yoshua; 12-09-2008, 11:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

1. If your theory of the catalyst is the one, then no one had it for 16 years, until Hiro went back in time and obtained it from his mother. Then you can't say Hiro had it all the time. And what I meant is that Arthur could have got it by travelling back in time and getting it from Hiro's mom. I wasn't talking about making the move in that time, but jumping back now. Kaito would've never found out... And I don't think Arthur feared Kaito at all.

And following this theory, I don't think the catalyst is gone. If Claire never had it, and Arthur is now dead, it was previously introduced to the substance Mohinder synthesized, so I guess the catalyst could be isolated from the original formula (considering it's a catalyst and it doesn't react).

2. Sure, every power has its limits. But Arthur only managed to break the Haitian's hold for a sec, if not he would have confronted Sylar, destroyed the bullet, etc. I seriously doubt the Haitian was "drained" and I still think the passive aspect of his ability should have affected Sylar.

3. Could be.

4. I also thought of that but forgot to post it. Anyway I still beleive that the Haitian should've always supressed Sylar's power, so he could've never acted either way (not even stop the bullet and etc.).

5. This was just a commentary, wasn't stating a "plot hole", my bad.

6. Too risky to be Arthur's best choice of trust gaining.

7. Your welcome, and your always entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.
                        Last edited by FoxHoundito; 12-09-2008, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by STFanatic
                          Papa Petrelli got the time shift powers when he took all of Peter's accumulated powers.
                          So then here's my question. Why the hell didn't Arthur take his powers in the first place, and just erase his memories? Because he wasn't sure exactly who had the catalyst?

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHoundito
                            If your theory of the catalyst is the one, then no one had it for 16 years, until Hiro went back in time and obtained it from his mother. Then you can't say Hiro had it all the time. And what I meant is that Arthur could have got it by travelling back in time and getting it from Hiro's mom. I wasn't talking about making the move in that time, but jumping back now. Kaito would've never found out... And I don't think Arthur feared Kaito at all.

And following this theory, I don't think the catalyst is gone. If Claire never had it, and Arthur is now dead, it was previously introduced to the substance Mohinder synthesized, so I guess the catalyst could be isolated from the original formula (considering it's a catalyst and it doesn't react).

For the rest of the "plot holes" I mentiones, I'll edit later.
                            Hiro had it the entire time. She died, gave it to him, and the Arthur took it.

So correct, no one had it for 16 years. Do you think the project of giving powers to people would have just STOPPED had it been available to them? With everything we know about the company? Time is relative to time travellers.

The catalyst being a human component was not a PART of them, but an ability someone had and could pass on. I think the catalyst was an ability. I think that the ability is either gone for good, or Current Time Claire has a duplicate of it in her body. But I don't think she does. It is an ability, she would have stumbled on how to use it by now.

First we all throught the catalyst was in the blood and Adam Monroe had it at first. Wasn't the case. It was in Hiro's mom and it was an ability.

Comment

Linderman anyone?

Comment

I'm only going to answer the ones I have to add to, Yoshua said what I would've said.

The Haitian not being able to block Sylar; do you remember Angela saying how powerful he was a few episodes ago? Maybe he's so powerful he's able to get through the Haitian's blocking power. Or, as we saw with Arthur/Matt, with enough determination you can use your powers. Maybe he was so determined to get the truth it had no effect.

3. I agree, it's pretty dumb to say "in the back of the head" because it shouldn't matter if it's the back of the head (As long as the Haitian is there) because the bullets still gonna be in his head even if he gets his powers back. That's one of the biggest plotholes / I don't get it things for me. Assuming the healing power part of the brain is in the back of the head, that would explain why they say that, but once the healing part is all destroyed by the bullet, how would taking it out heal it? It should still be destroyed and unable to heal itself, because it's destroyed.

And Sylar not taking Arthur's powers, I'm sure he has his reasons; he doesn't care, didn't want to do it infront of Peter, wanted to escape before the Haitian could stop his powers. Who knows? Lots of possibilities.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎